MBBS in Dhaka National Medical College
Dhaka National Medical College paved the way for providing medical education in Bangladesh. Dhaka National College was established in 1994 with the aim of preparing its students for an accomplished career and plethora of opportunities in the country as well as abroad. About 1500 graduates are proud to call Dhaka National College their alma mater after completion of their MBBS course in Bangladesh.
Dhaka National College has well-established, modern infrastructure that has been expanding till recently. The institute has abundant resources and opportunities for students in both academic and extra-curricular avenues. Admission in Dhaka National Medical College begins in March with application form out on the university website.
Benefits of MBBS in Dhaka National Medical College
MBBS course at Dhaka National College introduces students to a rich college life. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Bangladesh at Dhaka National Medical College.
- Dhaka National College has a huge campus and well-maintained infrastructure.
- Students have access to a rich library that is stacked with over 5000 books. There are abundant academic resources for students during MBBS course in Bangladesh.
- MBBS at Dhaka National Medical College prepares students to practice worldwide after the completion of their degree. Graduates will just need to clear the screening test of the concerned country to practice there.
- Dhaka National Medical College in Bangladesh provides practical training to students in the final year of MBBS. Internship is arranged with hospitals associated with the institute.
- MBBS in Bangladesh at Dhaka National College is conducted in English language. Indian students who study MBBS at Dhaka National Medical College have the option to reside in college hostel during their education. Dhaka National Medical College hostel is equipped with all basic facilities and amenities for students.
- Dhaka National College world rating is 4 stars.
- Medical education at Dhaka National College is recognized all around the world. The university is affiliated with Dhaka University and recognized by NMC and WHO.
- Dhaka National Medical College tuition fee does not carry any additional costs, capitation fee or donation fee during admissions.
- Indian students can find Indian food easily in Dhaka. Indian food is available at the university and hostel mess too.
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh. The metropolitan is located on the banks of Buriganga. Dhaka is the cultural, educational and trade center of the country with many tourist spots like – Ahsan Mazil, Lalbagh Fort, Sonargaon, Sadarghat, Bangladesh National Museum etc.
Dhaka experiences a tropical climate. Average temperature throughout the month is 26 degree Celsius.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- Accommodation facilities at the university are wide-ranging. The students have the option to live within the campus at the hostel building. Another multi-storied accommodation is available outside the campus for students.
- Both hostels are safe and have 24x7 security arrangements. Other facilities include internet connection, laundry room service, meals at the mess etc.
- The library of the university is one of the best in the country. It is well-stacked with lakhs of academic resources and regular journals. About 100 students can study at the same time in the library.
- The institute’s hospital complex can admit approximately 650 patients at once across departments. Students have access to visiting the patients and observing experienced professionals at work.
- The university has recreation facilities and sport centre for students’ use.
Dhaka National Medical College Ranking and Recognition
Dhaka National Medical College: Important Dates 2022-23
For Dhaka National Medical College admission 2022-2023 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates -
|Commencement of 2022-23 Intake Cycle||November & December 2022|
|Commencement of Application||November & December 2022|
|Call Letter||within the next 3-4 weeks|
Dhaka National Medical College: Must Know Facts 2022-23
To secure Dhaka National Medical College admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2022||November & December 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 12th with PCB|
|Annual fees (approx.)||39-40 lakhs INR|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Duration of MBBS Course||5 years + 1 year of internship|
|Dhaka National Medical College ranking in Bangladesh||49|
|Dhaka National Medical College World Rating||4 stars|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Recognized by||Approved by NMC, WHO, BMDC|
Dhaka National Medical College Fee Structure MBBS 2022-23
Dhaka National Medical College fees for MBBS in Bangladesh 2022-23 is manageable. The students get the best facilities and infrastructure during the MBBS course.
Year-wise details of Dhaka National Medical College fees is given below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Total|
|Course Fee in USD||USD 3,600||USD 18000 (payable in instalments over 4 years)||USD 21,600|
|Hostel Charges in INR||₹ 70,000||₹ 70,000||₹ 70,000||₹ 70,000||₹ 70,000||₹ 3,50,000|
|Course Fee in INR||₹ 2,52,000||₹ 12,60,000 (payable in instalments over 4 years)||₹ 15,12,000|
Note:1 USD = ₹ 70 (It may vary)
Fees mentioned above is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency or university policy.
Dhaka National Medical College annual tuition fee is given above.
Registration charges, Application fee, flight tickets etc will charge up to 1,00,000 INR or more.
Dhaka National Medical College admission fees is 30,000 USD (21,00,000 INR) payable in the first year.
Hostel and Accommodation
Accommodation is available for all students, including international students who come to Bangladesh for MBBS in abroad. Given below is detailed information about the hostel facilities for students during MBBS in Bangladesh 2022-23.
- Dhaka National Medical College reviews confirm that the hostel premises have fully furnished with basic as well as modern facilities like beds, shelves, blankets, fans, chairs, cupboard, bathrooms and study desks, laundry room etc.
- All rooms have central heating and cooling.
- The hostel is located on college campus.
- Rooms are available on sharing basis.
- There are separate dorms for girls and boys.
- Rooms are available on rent outside the campus as well.
- Students have access to reading rooms, entertainment area and common room.
- The hostel is under CCTV surveillance all day long. It is safe to study MBBS at Dhaka National Medical College for Indian students.
- Students have access to free internet connectivity 24x7.
- Indian restaurants are in proximity of the hostel.
Dhaka National Medical College MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at Dhaka National Medical College aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
The course includes 5 years of classroom learning with a distinguished faculty and one year of internship in the final year of the course which gives the students practical training for practice.
The course has 3 main phases – Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Dhaka National Medical College for MBBS:
|Phase I (One and a half year)|
|Phase II (One Year)|
|Phase III (One Year)|
|Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
|Phase IV (One and a half year)|
|Medicine and Allied Subjects|
|Surgery and Allied Subjects|
Documents Required Information
Dhaka National Medical College admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- A copy of the application form
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Student Visa
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard (if opted)
- Medical Certificate
- Income proof of parent/guardian
- Letter of Recommendation
- Covid-19 Test reports
Faculties offered in Dhaka National Medical College for MBBS
- Neuro Medicine
- General Medicine
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
Dhaka National Medical College Eligibility Criteria for MBBS
To secure admission in Dhaka National Medical College, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to study MBBS at Dhaka National Medical College for Indian students for General category.
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to study MBBS at Dhaka National Medical College for Indian students for Reserved category.
- Dhaka National Medical College admission requirement is to clear NEET examination if only the student wishes to practice in India after completion of MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Students need not clear English language proficiency exams, IELTS/TOEFL for MBBS in Dhaka National University.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st July of the year of admission to study MBBS abroad in Bangladesh.
Dhaka National Medical College admissions have an easy and smooth process. Dhaka National Medical College admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Dhaka National Medical College admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on Dhaka National Medical College’s official website.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities. All documents must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Step. 03Dhaka National Medical College admission office will issue a conditional Offer letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04After receiving the Offer letter and confirmation of admission, the student will be asked to pay the enrolment fees specified by the institute. Dhaka National Medical College fee for MBBS needs to be deposited with the university.
Step. 05Next step is applying for Visa. Student needs to apply for student Visa with the government authorities after payment of course fee.
Step. 06Once the visa application is verified and stamped, the student needs to inform the university of their date and time of arrival in Bangladesh.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
More than 100 students hailing from different parts of the world study MBBS abroad at Dhaka National Medical College.
MBBS in Dhaka National College is made smoother with the quality infrastructure of the college. Eleven-storied building at the college is fully air-conditioned and comprises of lecture halls, laboratories, conference room, examinational hall and other specified spaces needed by the students. Hostel rooms also find space within the vast campus of the college.
Yes, Dhaka National Medical College has two hospitals affiliated with the college that offer internship to students. Final year of MBBS in Dhaka National Medical College comprises of mandatory internship for students.
Dhaka National Medical College is a great option to pursue MBBS. Dhaka National Medical College tuition fee is high but manageable with scholarships that are available for bright students who require financial assistance. Dhaka National Medical College world rating is 4 stars. Dhaka National College ranks 49 in the country. The university is affiliated with Dhaka University and known for its quality infrastructure.
The college has a huge library, stacked with thousand of texts, journals and academic papers. Library premises are spacious enough to accommodate about 100 students at once. Students can spend long hours studying in the library.
University of Perpetual Help Address
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, Las Pinas Campus
Almanza Uno, Las Pinas,
1740 Metro Manila,
Average Spending in Dhaka, Bangladesh during MBBS Abroad
1 Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) = Approx. INR 0.99/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 100-300 BDT
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 500-680 BDT
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 700-2200 BDT
- Cappuccino: 70-350 BDT
- Bread for 2 people: 35-125 BDT
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 30-100 BDT
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 1200-4000 BDT
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 50-200 BDT
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 8000-25000 BDT
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 5000-14000 BDT
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 2500-8500 BDT
- Internet Expense: 1,400-5,000 BDT
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1000-5000 BDT
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 800-5000 BDT
- Shoes and footwear: 2000-8000 BDT
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Dhaka
Bar B Q Tonight will transport you right in your homeland with their dishes from tandoor. The restaurant serves Indian and Asian tandoori snacks and delicious desserts.
Elements is the perfect spot to hangout with your friends and have lunch. The restaurant serves Italian, American and Indian food.
Seasonal Tastes has the ultimate fine-dining experience waiting for you. The restaurant serves Japanese, Indian and American cuisines.
Lucknow has all the lip-smacking desi flavours you might miss in your time away from India. The place has a wide range of Indian food options to choose from.
Seven Spices is a great restaurant if you wish to have a remix of dishes. The place offers Italian, Chinese, Indian, European, American and Bangladeshi food choices.