MBBS in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College is a private medical institution for quality education in Bangladesh. Established in 2011, Dr. Sirajul Islam College has made great strides in development of the institution and its infrastructure for MBBS in Bangladesh over a short span of last 9 years.
Dr. Sirajul Islam College is located in Dhaka and affiliated with Dhaka University. MBBS in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College is 6 years long, including final year of compulsory internship. The university has its own hospital as well where students get first-hand experience of working as a professional in the field.
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College admissions begin in March 2023 with application form available on the university’s website.
Benefits of MBBS in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
MBBS course at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College opens up various avenues for its students. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Bangladesh at Dr. Sirajul Islam College.
- Dr. Sirajul Islam College has good opportunities for students who are looking for overall personality development after completion of MBBS course in Bangladesh. The university has various extra-curricular avenues that students can venture into.
- The university has impressive infrastructure for sporting activities. Students can compete in annual competitions and inter-college contests for various sports.
- Dr. Sirajul Islam College organizes academic seminars, conferences and student exchange programs with many universities, in the country and abroad. Students are encouraged to take part in both academic and extra-curricular activities.
- Dr. Sirajul Islam College provides internship opportunities with various institutions in association with the school.
- Medical education at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College is recognized all around the world. The university is affiliated with Dhaka University.
- Modern technology and well-developed infrastructure are available for students who study MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College. The campus has 12 buildings and a hospital wing with a capacity of 500 patients.
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College tuition fee is affordable. Students who need financial assistance have various scholarships they can apply for.
- MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College is followed by various options for post-graduation and medical practice with the university.
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh. The metropolitan is located on the banks of Buriganga. Dhaka is the cultural, educational and trade center of the country with many tourist spots like – Ahsan Mazil, Lalbagh Fort, Sonargaon, Sadarghat, Bangladesh National Museum etc.
Dhaka experiences a tropical climate. Average temperature throughout the month is 26 degree Celsius.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- Dr. Sirajul Medical College provides hostel accommodation for students. The hostels are well-furnished and have necessary facilities like meals, cleaning, internet connectivity, air-conditioning etc.
- The campus is specially designed as per students’ needs during the medical degree. The lecture halls are spacious and equipped with modern technology, laboratories have the required apparatus and tools and conference halls for academic events are maintained properly.
- The faculty believes in holistic learning so students are encouraged to organize and participate in donation drives, educational programs for the masses and other community events.
- The sports centre at the university has provisions for various games and other recreational activities for students’ physical well-being.
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College Recognition
MBBS course at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College is recognized by WHO, NMC, University Grants Commission, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh.
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College: Important Dates 2023-24
For Dr. Sirajul Islam College admissions 2023-24 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates -
|Commencement of 2023-24 Intake Cycle||November & December 2023|
|Commencement of Application||November & December 2023|
|Call Letter||within the next 3-4 weeks|
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College: Must Know Facts 2023-24
To secure Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2023-24||November & December 2023|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 12th with PCB|
|Annual fees (approx.)||INR 14-16 Lakhs/ Year|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Duration of MBBS Course||5 years + 1 year of internship|
|Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College World Rating||4 stars|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|University Recognized by||Approved by NMC, WHO|
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College Fee Structure MBBS 2023
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College fees for MBBS in Bangladesh 2023 is manageable. The students get the best facilities and infrastructure during the MBBS course.
Year-wise details of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College fees is given below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Total|
|Course Fee in USD||USD 20,000||USD 20,000||USD 20,000||USD 20,000||USD 20,000||USD 21,600|
|Course Fee in INR||₹ 14,00,000||₹ 14,00,000||₹ 14,00,000||₹ 14,00,000||₹ 14,00,000||₹ 14,00,000|
|Hostel Charges (INR)||₹ 42,000||₹ 42,000||₹ 42,000||₹ 42,000||₹ 42,000||₹ 42,000|
|Total in INR||₹ 14,42,000||₹ 14,42,000||₹ 14,42,000||₹ 14,42,000||₹ 14,42,000||₹ 14,42,000|
Note:1 USD = ₹ 70 (It may vary)
Fees mentioned above is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency or university policy.
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College annual tuition fee and hostel charges are given above.
Registration charges, Application fee, flight tickets etc will charge up to 1,00,000 INR or more.
Hostel and Accommodation
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College hostel is available for all students, including international students who come to Bangladesh for MBBS in abroad. Given below is detailed information about the hostel facilities for students during MBBS in Bangladesh 2023.
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College reviews confirm that the hostel premises have fully furnished with basic as well as modern facilities like beds, shelves, fans, chairs, cupboard, bathrooms and study desks, laundry room etc.
- The hostel is located near the main campus. Hostel space has good ventilation, well-furnished rooms and a good ambiance for students.
- Hostel mess provides healthy and hygienic food for students all day. Kitchen area is available if students wish to cook their meals.
- Students have access to reading rooms, entertainment area and common room.
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at Dr. Sirajul Islam College aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
The course includes 5 years of classroom learning with a distinguished faculty and one year of internship in the final year of the course which gives the students practical training for practice.
The course has 3 main phases – Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College for MBBS:
|Phase I (One and a half year)|
|Phase II (One Year)|
|Phase III (One Year)|
|Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
|Phase IV (One and a half year)|
|Medicine and Allied Subjects|
|Surgery and Allied Subjects|
- Passport size Photographs
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Student Visa
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard (if opted)
- Medical Certificate
- Income proof of parent/guardian
- IELTS/TOEFL Certificate (if opted)
- Letter of Recommendation
Faculties offered in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College for MBBS
- General Medicine
- Physical Medicine
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
To secure admission in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects to study MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College for Indian students for General category.
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 40% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects to study MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College for Indian students for Reserved category.
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College admission requirement does not require NEET examination. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st July of the year of admission to study MBBS abroad in Bangladesh.
- Applicant need not clear English language proficiency tests – IELTS and TOEFL to qualify for admission in MBBS course in Bangladesh.
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College admissions have an easy and smooth process. Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on the official website of Dr. Sirajul Islam College in Bangladesh.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities. All documents must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Step. 03Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College admission office will issue an Offer letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04After receiving the Offer letter and confirmation of admission, the student will be asked to pay the enrolment fees specified by the institute. Dr. Sirajul Islam College fee for MBBS needs to be deposited with the university as well.
Step. 05Next step is applying for Visa. Student needs to apply for student Visa with the government authorities after payment of course fee.
Step. 06Once the visa application is verified and stamped, the student needs to inform the university of their date and time of arrival in Bangladesh.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College fee is 14-15 lakhs per year. There are scholarships available on the basis of merit as well as financial need for students during MBBS in Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College.
Yes, Indian food is available for students who study MBBS at Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College. Students can find Indian food easily outside the campus as well.
Yes, Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College MBBS is recognized by NMC, WHO and University Grants Commission, Bangladesh, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare etc. Students can practice in any country after MBBS course in Bangladesh from Dr. Sirajul Islam College after clearing the screening test of the respective country.
Dr. Sirajul Islam College is a great option for Indian students to pursue MBBS. Dr. Sirajul Islam College tuition fee is manageable. Scholarships are available for bright students for financial assistance. Dr. Sirajul Islam College has modern infrastructure and medical facilities to give students the best education.
Yes. Medical course at Dr. Sirajul Islam College introduces students to various opportunities and the perfect atmosphere for development. The university provides an environment conducive to overall growth of students, both intellectual and creative. Many cultural events, sports contest and academic seminars are organised for students to take part in.
Average Spending in Dhaka, Bangladesh during MBBS Abroad
Note - 1 Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) = Approx. INR 0.99/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 100-300 BDT
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 500-680 BDT
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 700-2200 BDT
- Cappuccino: 70-350 BDT
- Bread for 2 people: 35-125 BDT
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 30-100 BDT
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 1200-4000 BDT
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 50-200 BDT
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 8000-25000 BDT
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 5000-14000 BDT
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 2500-8500 BDT
- Internet Expense: 1,400-5,000 BDT
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1000-5000 BDT
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 800-5000 BDT
- Shoes and footwear: 2000-8000 BDT
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Dhaka
Bar B Q Tonight will transport you right in your homeland with their dishes from tandoor. The restaurant serves Indian and Asian tandoori snacks and delicious desserts.
Elements is the perfect spot to hangout with your friends and have lunch. The restaurant serves Italian, American and Indian food.
Seasonal Tastes has the ultimate fine-dining experience waiting for you. The restaurant serves Japanese, Indian and American cuisines.
Lucknow has all the lip-smacking desi flavours you might miss in your time away from India. The place has a wide range of Indian food options to choose from.
Seven Spices is a great restaurant if you wish to have a remix of dishes. The place offers Italian, Chinese, Indian, European, American and Bangladeshi food choices.