MBBS in Shahabuddin Medical College
Shahabuddin Medical College is a reputed institution for medical education in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was founded by Alhaj Mohammed Shahabuddin, a renowned businessman and social activist, in 2003. The college shares the founder’s vision of imparting holistic, affordable and world-class education to students from all around the world and produce responsible professionals.
The institution enrols a significant percentage of international students every year for MBBS course in Bangladesh. Admission in Shahabuddin Medical College being in the month of November & December 2022. Students can fill the application form available on Shahabuddin Medical College official website.
Benefits of MBBS in Shahabuddin Medical College
MBBS course at Shahabuddin Medical College opens up various avenues for its students. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Bangladesh at Shahabuddin Medical College.
- Shahabuddin College is one of the medical institutions that offer most affordable MBBS course in Bangladesh. Shahabuddin Medical College tuition fee much lower than other universities in the country.
- Students who study MBBS at Shahabuddin Medical College benefit from the latest technology and modern infrastructure established by the institution for the best learning experience.
- Shahabuddin Medical College in Bangladesh has physical space for almost every aspect of a student’s life. There is a huge library, multiple conference halls, lecture halls, laboratories and a vast hostel wing for international students.
- Medical education at Shahabuddin Medical College is recognized all around the world. The university is affiliated with Dhaka University and recognized by NMC and WHO.
- Students need not appear for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE examination for MBBS at Shahabuddin Medical College.
- After MBBS in Bangladesh at this college, students can practice worldwide. Graduates will just need to clear the screening test of the concerned country to practice there.
- Lectures are conducted in English language. Students need not learn a new language to study in Bangladesh.
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh. The metropolitan is located on the banks of Buriganga. Dhaka is the cultural, educational and trade center of the country with many tourist spots like – Ahsan Mazil, Lalbagh Fort, Sonargaon, Sadarghat, Bangladesh National Museum etc.
Dhaka experiences a tropical climate. Average temperature throughout the month is 26 degree Celsius.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- The university has a well-designed infrastructure for students. There is space available for every activity that the students do.
- The library has good stock of journals, texts and other academic resources.
- There is a prayer room for students as well as the faculty.
- The university provides hostel facilities to students. The hostel as well as the campus has 24x7 wi-fi connectivity, canteen, common room etc.
- The campus has spacious laboratories and lecture rooms to accommodate students comfortably.
Shahabuddin Medical College Accreditation and Recognition
- MBBS course at Shahabuddin Medical College is recognized by WHO, NMC, University Grants Commission, Bangladesh, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
- The university is affiliated with Dhaka University.
Shahabuddin Medical College: Important Dates 2022-23
For Shahabuddin Medical College admissions 2022-2023 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates -
|Commencement of 2022-23 Intake Cycle||November & December 2022|
|Commencement of Application||November & December 2022|
|Admission Letter||Within the next 3-4 weeks|
Shahabuddin Medical College: Must Know Facts 2022-23
To secure Shahabuddin Medical College admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2022||November & December 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||9 GPA in 12th with PCB|
|Annual fees (approx.)||6650 USD/ Year|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Duration of MBBS Course||5 years + 1 year of internship|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Shahabuddin Medical College World Rating||3.5 stars|
|University Recognized by||Approved by NMC, WHO, BMDC|
Shahabuddin Medical College Fee Structure MBBS 2022-23
Shahabuddin Medical College fees for MBBS in Bangladesh 2022-23 is manageable. The students get the best facilities and infrastructure during the MBBS course.
Year-wise details of Shahabuddin Medical College fees is given below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6||Total|
|Course Fee in USD||USD 1140||USD 1140||USD 1140||USD 1140||USD 1140||USD 1140||USD 6840|
|Course Fee in INR||₹ 79,800||₹ 79,800||₹ 79,800||₹ 79,800||₹ 79,800||₹ 79,800||₹ 4,78,800|
Note: 1 USD = ₹ 70
Fees mentioned above is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency or university policy.
Shahabuddin Medical College annual tuition fee is given above.
Registration charges, Application fee, flight tickets etc will charge up to 1,00,000 INR or more.
Shahabuddin Medical College admission fees is does not include first year additional charges.
Compensatory charges amounting up to 3 Lakh Taka are payable to once the student finishes their MBBS degree.
Hostel and Accommodation
Shahabuddin Medical College hostel is available for all students, including international students who come to Bangladesh for MBBS in abroad. Given below is detailed information about the hostel facilities for students during MBBS in Bangladesh 2022-23.
- Shahabuddin Medical College reviews confirm that the hostel premises have fully furnished with basic as well as modern facilities like beds, shelves, blankets, fans, chairs, cupboard, bathrooms and study desks, laundry room etc.
- The hostel is at a walking distance from the university which saves transportation costs for students.
- Rooms are available on sharing basis. 2-3 students reside in one room at a time.
- There are separate dorms for girls and boys.
- Hostel mess provides healthy and hygienic food for students all day. Kitchen area is available if students wish to cook their meals.
- Students have access to reading rooms, entertainment area and common room.
- The hostel is under CCTV surveillance all day long. It is safe to study MBBS at Dhaka Community Medical College for Indian students.
- Students have access to free internet connectivity 24x7.
- Hostel has a gymnasium, reading room, laundry room and guest room. Common area and recreation room are spaces where students can socialize.
- Indian restaurants are easily located around the hostel.
- For any medical emergencies, Shahabuddin Medical College hospital contact number is listed with hostel management.
Shahabuddin Medical College MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at Shahabuddin Medical College aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
The course includes 5 years of classroom learning with a distinguished faculty and one year of internship in the final year of the course which gives the students practical training for practice.
The course has 3 main phases – Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Shahabuddin Medical College for MBBS:
|Phase I (One and a half year)|
|Phase II (One Year)|
|Phase III (One Year)|
|Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
|Phase IV (One and a half year)|
|Medicine and Allied Subjects|
|Surgery and Allied Subjects|
Shahabuddin Medical College admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Attested Passport size Photographs (4)
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- A copy of the application form
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Student Visa
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard (if opted)
- Medical Certificate
- Income proof of parent/guardian
- Fee Payment Receipt
- Letter of Recommendation
- Covid-19 Test reports
Faculties offered in Shahabuddin Medical College for MBBS
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Shahabuddin Medical College
To secure admission in Shahabuddin Medical College, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have secured at least 9 GPA.
- Applicants from Tribal and Non-Tribal hill tracts must secure a minimum of 8 GPA.
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 40% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to study MBBS at Shahabuddin Medical College for Indian students for Reserved category students.
- Shahabuddin Medical College admission requirement is to clear NEET examination only if the student wishes to practice in Indian after completion of course other it is not needed.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st July of the year of admission to study MBBS abroad in Bangladesh.
Admission Process Information
Shahabuddin Medical College admissions have an easy and smooth process. Shahabuddin Medical College admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Shahabuddin Medical College admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on Shahabuddin Medical College official website.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities. All documents must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Step. 03Shahabuddin Medical College admission office will issue an Offer letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04After receiving the Offer letter and confirmation of admission, the student will be asked to pay the enrolment fees specified by the institute. Shahabuddin Medical College fee for MBBS needs to be deposited with the university.
Step. 05Next step is applying for Visa. Student needs to apply for student Visa with the government authorities after payment of course fee.
Step. 06Once the visa application is verified and stamped, the student needs to inform the university of their date and time of arrival in Bangladesh.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
MBBS abroad at Shahabuddin College is 6 years long. The course comprises of 5 years of classroom learning and one year internship under medical professionals at Shahabuddin Medical College hospital.
Shahabuddin Medical College fee is completely affordable for students. Shahabuddin Medical College tuition fee is about 6,650 INR every year.
Shahabuddin College is a good option to pursue MBBS. Shahabuddin Medical College tuition fee is one of the lowest in the country. Scholarships are available for bright students who require financial assistance. The university is affiliated with Dhaka University and known for its quality infrastructure, affordable education and modern technology.
No, students residing on student visa during MBBS in Shahabuddin Medical College are not allowed to work in the country.
Students need not appear for IELTS/TOEFL examination for MBBS in Shahabuddin Medical College.
Yes, students have access to wi-fi all day in the college as well as the hotel building.
Faculty and curriculum for MBBS in Shahabuddin Medical College focuses on both practical and theoretical aspects of education. Theory is explained and discussed at length during lectures in classroom. Students are trained practically in laboratories and during final year of internship under experienced medical professionals.
Average Spending in Dhaka, Bangladesh during MBBS Abroad
1 Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) = Approx. INR 0.99/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 100-300 BDT
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 500-680 BDT
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 700-2200 BDT
- Cappuccino: 70-350 BDT
- Bread for 2 people: 35-125 BDT
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 30-100 BDT
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 1200-4000 BDT
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 50-200 BDT
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 8000-25000 BDT
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 5000-14000 BDT
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 2500-8500 BDT
- Internet Expense: 1,400-5,000 BDT
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1000-5000 BDT
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 800-5000 BDT
- Shoes and footwear: 2000-8000 BDT
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Dhaka
Bar B Q Tonight will transport you right in your homeland with their dishes from tandoor. The restaurant serves Indian and Asian tandoori snacks and delicious desserts.
Elements is the perfect spot to hangout with your friends and have lunch. The restaurant serves Italian, American and Indian food.
Seasonal Tastes has the ultimate fine-dining experience waiting for you. The restaurant serves Japanese, Indian and American cuisines.
Lucknow has all the lip-smacking desi flavours you might miss in your time away from India. The place has a wide range of Indian food options to choose from.
Seven Spices is a great restaurant if you wish to have a remix of dishes. The place offers Italian, Chinese, Indian, European, American and Bangladeshi food choices.