MBBS in Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology had a humble start, but their scaling has been immense. With 27 departments that educate 11000 students, they have made their mark in the academic system with their MBBS in Bangladesh.
Established in 1991 and situated in Sylhet, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology has gained accelerated fame due to the quality of education and genuine intent to build a future with a global perspective.
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology has 13 medical colleges that are affiliated with it. These colleges have a total of 4000 students pursuing a medical degree.
MBBS in Shahjalal University of Science and Technology has held international conferences and is looking to hold more shortly.
Why study MBBS at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology 2021-22?
Following are a few benefits listed to make an informed decision regarding an MBBS abroad in Shahjalal University of Science and Technology:
- One of the top-ranked universities in Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Academy.
- This Shahjalal University of Science and Technology fees structure makes it competitive for MBBS enthusiasts.
- The MBBS course is taught entirely in English. This greatly aids in the comprehension of Indian students.
- The MBBS study pattern is very similar to the Indian study pattern.
- Similarities in culture and tradition make students feel at ease.
- Shahjalal University of Science and Technology's education standard is expressed in the changes and expansions of its institutes and employees.
Living in Sylhet City
Sylhet is a Bangladeshi city located on the Suma River's banks:
- The climate in Sylhet is mild and almost identical to that of India.
- In the winter, the minimum temperature is 12 degrees Celsius, and in the summer, the mean temperature is 32 degrees Celsius.
- Sylhet is a city in eastern Bangladesh famous for its Sufi shrines, some of which date back to the 14th century.
- The Sufi shrines and the miniature museums are unique to Sylhet.
Cost of Living in Sylhet City
The general costs for items to conduct an average life is highly inexpensive. Some might say that it is cheaper than living in the big cities of India.
Facilities and Infrastructure at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
The Shahjalal University of Science and Technology provides top class modern infrastructure and facilities to its students in order to ensure a smooth education experience. Some of its key facilities are:
- The University provides a fully functional and richly stacked library offering more than 2 lakh books in addition to syllabus related resources
- Providing several recreational options, the university is packed with sports hall, swimming pool, gymnasium and much more offering students’ ample opportunities to relax
- Airport, bus station, grocery shops, ATM, restaurants, stationery shops etc can be found easily around the campus
- The university has an inhouse hostel that provides sharing basis accommodation for its medical students. Each of the rooms are equipped with internet connectivity, water heater and all the other necessary facilities needed for a healthy stay.
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Ranking 2021-22
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology MBBS - Course Duration
Generally, in Bangladesh, the MBBS abroad lasts six years:
- At Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, an MBBS degree takes six years to complete, including five years of study and one year of internship.
- In Bangladesh, the MBBS programme is divided into three phases: pre-clinical, para-clinical, and clinical.
- In Bangladesh, MBBS is taught in semesters, each of which lasts six months.
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology: Important Dates and Timelines 2021-22
To study MBBS at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology for Indian students, the following is essential for an aspirant to make a note of:
|Commencement of the 2021-22 Intake Cycle||November & December 2021|
|Last Date of Application||November & December 2021|
|Admission Letter||Within two weeks|
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology - Must Know Facts 2021-22
MBBS in Shahjalal University of Science and Technology is a respected MBBS course in Bangladesh that has garnered recognition in a short span of time proving to be of enormous value:
|Basic Eligibility||HSC or equivalent with 50% (PCB)|
|NEET Entrance Test||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Last Date to Apply||November & December 2021|
|Course Fee||₹ 4.48 lac/year|
|Course Duration||6 years (Including 1-year internship)|
|University Recognized by||MCI/NMC, WHO and UNESCO approved|
|University Ranking||Country Ranking - 16
World Rating – 3 stars
|Medium of Instruction||English|
MBBS in Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Fee Structure 2021-22
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology fees adds up to an affordable amount considering the Shahjalal University of Science and Technology ranking. This reflects the value for money in exchange for quality education. Following is a split-up of the Shahjalal University of Science and Technology tuition fees and hostel fees.
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fee||USD 6400||USD 6400||USD 6400||USD 6400||USD 6400|
|Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 4.48 Lakhs||₹ 4.48 Lakhs||₹ 4.48 Lakhs||₹ 4.48 Lakhs||₹ 4.48 Lakhs|
|Hostel & Food||USD 1560||USD 1560||USD 1560||USD 1560||USD 1560|
|Total Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 5,57,200||₹ 5,57,200||₹ 5,57,200||₹ 5,57,200||₹ 5,57,200|
Up to Rs.1,00,000/- will be paid extra besides the above-mentioned Shahjalal University of Science and Technology fees of year 1 for registration, visa, and flight tickets, among other items.
Note: The above is subject to change. Do contact the university to clarify the Shahjalal University of Science and Technology fees.
Hostel and Accommodation Facility
The Shahjalal University of Science and Technology offers exceptional student housing for international students:
- Students will share rooms in the hostels in groups of two or three.
- At the moment, the university has five halls of residence. However, some students live privately near the Sylhet metro's university district.
- Following are the 5 halls:
- Shah Paran Hall
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall
- Syed Mujtaba Ali Hall
- Shahid Jononi Jahanara Imam Hall
- Begum Sirajunnesa Chowdhury Hall
- The Shahjalal University of Science and Technology fees for a year in the hostel will be included in the first year's rent, which ranges from Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 1,09,000.
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology – MBBS Syllabus
The following is the MBBS curriculum at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology:
|1st Phase||1 year and 6 months||Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry||First Professional MBBS|
|2nd Phase||1 Year||Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine||Second Professional MBBS|
|3rd Phase||1 Year||pharmacology & therapeutics, microbiology and Pathology||Third Professional MBBS|
|4th Phase||1 year and 6 months||Medicine and allied subjects, Surgery and allied subjects, Obstetrics and Gynecology||Final Professional MBBS|
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology admission requirements are listed below:
- High School Mark list
- High School Mark list
- School leaving certificate
- Copy of Birth Certificate with Photocopy
- Copy of Passport with minimum 1-year validity
- Blood Group Certificate
- Approved Visa Copy
- Medical Certificate
- Non-Criminal Certificate
- Letters of Recommendation from School
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
Eligibility Criteria by Shahjalal University of Science and Technology for MBBS
The Shahjalal University of Science and Technology admissions follow the below eligibility guidelines:
- Candidates must be 17 years old on or before December 31st.
- NEET is not compulsory. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- Candidates who scored more than 50% in the HSC exam in PCM(B) and English as compulsory subjects are qualified.
Admission Process for MBBS in Shahjalal University of Science and Technology: Step by Step guide
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology admissions are methodical and transparent:
Step. 01Students must fill out an application for admission through the university's online portal.
Step. 02If accepted, students will receive an invitation letter in the mail within two weeks.
Step. 03After receiving an invitation note, students must pay the academy's tuition fee.
Step. 04Students may apply for a student visa using the original receipt of fee payment and the university's invitation letter.
Here are some commonly asked questions, in addition to the details provided:
Yes, there are both private and in-campus hostels students can choose from.
No, the visa will not permit the student to work as it is not a work visa.
- General medicine (MBBS)
- Agriculture and Mineral Sciences
- Applied Science and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Management and Business Administration
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology – Address
The following is the exact spot where Shahjalal University of Science and Technology is situated:
3114 University Ave,
Average Spending by Indian Students at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet City
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||130.00 ৳||₹ 100.00 - ₹ 200.00|
|Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||575.00 ৳||₹ 500.00 - ₹ 900.00|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||500.00 ৳||₹ 500.00 - ₹ 500.00|
|Domestic Non-Alcoholic Beer (0.5 liter draught)||450.00 ৳|
|Milk (regular), (1 liter)||76.00 ৳||₹ 56.00 - ₹ 85.00|
|Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g)||51.25 ৳||₹ 28.12 - ₹ 60.00|
|Rice (white), (1kg)||56.50 ৳||₹ 50.00 - ₹ 60.00|
|Eggs (regular) (12)||107.50 ৳||₹ 90.00 - ₹ 120.00|
|One-way Ticket (Local Transport)||50.00 ৳||₹ 50.00 - ₹ 100.00|
|Monthly Pass (Regular Price)||850.00 ৳||₹ 650.00 - ₹ 3000.00|
|Taxi Start (Normal Tariff)||60.00 ৳||₹ 50.00 - ₹ 60.00|
|Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)||50.00 ৳||₹ 30.00 - ₹ 50.00|
|Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff)||250.00 ৳||₹ 200.00 - ₹ 500.00|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre||6,166.67 ৳||₹ 4,000.00 - ₹ 8,000.00|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre||5,250.00 ৳||₹ 4,000.00 - ₹ 12,000.00|
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre||18,857.14 ৳||₹ 15,000.00 - ₹ 25,000.00|
|1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar)||1,442.86 ৳||₹ 1,000.00 - ₹ 1,500.00|
|1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...)||1,850.67 ৳||₹ 800.00 - ₹ 3,000.00|
|1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range)||3,375.00 ৳||₹ 1,500.00 - ₹ 5,000.00|
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
A highly-rated vibrant restaurant that shines through its cosy size.
A local favourite and constantly recommended for large groups ideal for students.
The Indian-ness is not lost in their menu. A reasonable treat for students.
The best Indian biriyani in town comes from this one.
More than just Indian.