MBBS in University of Chittagong
University of Chittagong is one of the top ranked institutions in Bangladesh. With a long list of notable alumni, University of Chittagong is a prime choice for many students who wish to study MBBS in Bangladesh.
Chittagong University was established in 1966 in the city Chittagong. The institution attracts many international applicants who wish to study MBBS abroad. The university spends heavily on maintaining its infrastructure and ensuring best educational facilities and services for its students.
Benefits of MBBS in University of Chittagong
MBBS course at University of Chittagong opens up various avenues for its students. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Bangladesh at University of Chittagong.
- Chittagong University is among the top ten universities in Bangladesh.
- University of Chittagong is in collaboration with various institution, in Bangladesh and abroad, that offer student exchange programs and research opportunities.
- Medical education at University of Chittagong is renowned in the country for its quality and learned faculty.
- The university provides updated infrastructure and laboratories for students who study MBBS at University of Chittagong.
- University of Chittagong tuition fee for MBBS course is value for money. Students get a holistic education that become the building rock of their successful careers.
- MBBS at Chittagong University is conducted in English language.
- University of Chittagong Russia world rating is 3.8 Stars.
Student Life: University of Chittagong
- Chittagong University has multiple academic as well as extra-curricular opportunities for students.
- The university organizes sports competitions annually. Colleges from across the country participate in these competitions.
- Chittagong University cultural festival invites many students and teachers from different universities for academic seminars, various competitions and other activities, contributing to the consolidation of student fraternity.
- Chittagong University has a huge library, rich in texts, journals and e-resources. Students can access any academic paper or book that they require.
- The university has a diverse students crowd as many international students study in University of Chittagong in Bangladesh.
The second largest city of Bangladesh, Chittagong is a major urban center and main port of the Indian Ocean. The city is situated on the banks of river Karnaphuli.
The city has a tropical monsoon climate. Mean temperature every month is above 18 degree Celsius. Due to its location in proximity to the ocean, Chittagong is prone to tropical cyclones in the Northern Indian Ocean.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- Campus life at the university is charged with energy. Infrastructure for recreation like sports hall, gymnasium and other recreational facilities enable this atmosphere in the campus.
- The library at the university is richly stacked and has over 3 lakh books in addition to virtual academic resources. Students can find works written in Bengali, Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian and Urdu at the library, along with English books.
- The university has a mini-bookshop named Bangabandhu Corner. The bookshop is a tribute to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the Father of the Nation.
- Airport, bus station, grocery shops, ATM, restaurants, stationery shops etc can be found esily around the campus.
University of Chittagong world ranking and Recognition
MBBS course at University of Chittagong is recognized by WHO, NMC, University Grants Commission, Bangladesh.
University of Chittagong: Important Dates 2022-23
For University of Chittagong admissions 2022-2023 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates -
|Commencement of the 2022-23 Intake Cycle||November & December 2022|
|Commencement of Application||November & December 2022|
|Admission Letter||Within the next 3-4 weeks|
University of Chittagong: Must Know Facts 2022-23
To secure University of Chittagong admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2022-23||November & December 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 12th with PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||23.80 Lakhs/ Year (INR)|
|Duration of MBBS Course||6 years (including 1 year of internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|University of Chittagong Ranking in Bangladesh||9|
|University of Chittagong World Rating||3.8 stars|
|University Recognized by||Approved by NMC, WHO|
University of Chittagong Fee Structure MBBS 2022-23
University of Chittagong fees for MBBS in Bangladesh 2022-23 is worth every penny spent. The students get the best facilities and infrastructure during the MBBS course.
Year-wise details of University of Chittagong fees is given below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Course Fee in USD||USD 34000||USD 34000||USD 34000||USD 34000||USD 34000|
|Course Fee in INR||₹ 23,80,000||₹ 23,80,000||₹ 23,80,000||₹ 23,80,000||₹ 23,80,000|
|Hostel Charges (INR)||₹ 90,000||₹ 90,000||₹ 90,000||₹ 90,000||₹ 90,000|
|Hostel Charges (INR)||₹ 24,70,000||₹ 24,70,000||₹ 24,70,000||₹ 24,70,000||₹ 24,70,000|
Note: 1 USD = ₹ 70
University of Chittagong MBBS fees mentioned is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
University of Chittagong annual tuition fee and hostel charges are given above.
Registration charges, Application fee, flight tickets etc will charge up to 1,00,000 INR or more.
Hostel and Accommodation
University of Chittagong hostel is available for all students, including international students who come to Bangladesh for MBBS in abroad. Given below is detailed information about the hostel facilities for students during MBBS in Bangladesh 2022-23.
- University of Chittagong reviews confirm that the hostel premises have fully furnished rooms with basic facilities like beds, shelves, fans, chairs, cupboard, bathrooms and study desks.
- Girls and boys have separate hostel wings.
- Hostel mess provides healthy and hygienic food for students all day.
- For recreation purposes, the university has a playground, courts for different sports and an activity center.
- Public transport is easily available near the hostel. Grocery stores, banks, stationery shops are also in the vicinity.
University of Chittagong MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at University of Chittagong aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
The course includes 5 years of classroom learning with a distinguished faculty and one year of internship in the final year of the course which gives the students practical training for practice.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Chittagong University for MBBS:
|Phase I (One and a half year)|
|Phase II (One Year)|
|Phase III (One Year)|
|Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
|Phase IV (One and a half year)|
|Medicine and Allied Subjects|
|Surgery and Allied Subjects|
University of Chittagong admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Student Visa
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard (if opted)
- Medical Certificate
- Income proof of parent/guardian
Faculties offered in University of Chittagong for MBBS
- Internal Medicine
- Family Health
- Forensic Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in University of Chittagong
To secure admission in University of Chittagong, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects to study MBBS at Chittagong University for Indian students.
- Students must have scored a minimum of 50% in each subject mentioned above.
- University of Chittagong admission requirement does not require NEET examination. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st July of the year of admission to study MBBS abroad in Bangladesh.
- Appearing for the interview is necessary to qualify for admission in University of Chittagong.
Admission Process Information
University of Chittagong admissions have an easy and smooth process. University of Chittagong admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for University of Chittagong admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on the university’s website.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities.
Step. 03University of Chittagong admission office will issue an Offer letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04After receiving the Offer letter and confirmation of admission, the student will be asked to pay the enrolment fees specified by the institute. University of Chittagong fee for MBBS needs to be deposited with the university as well.
Step. 05Next step is applying for Visa. Student needs to apply for student Visa with the government authorities after payment of course fee.
Step. 06Once the visa application is verified and stamped, the student needs to inform the university of their date and time of arrival in Bangladesh.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
University of Chittagong fee for MD is about 23-24 lakhs per year.
Students do not need to clear English proficiency exams like IELTS/TOEFL to study MBBS abroad in Bangladesh at University of Chittagong.
While you study MBBS at University of Chittagong, the university hostel is available for student residence only. Visitors’ rooms or guest rooms are available for a limited period of time for visitors for students.
Chittagong University is a great option for Indian students to pursue MBBS. University of Chittagong tuition fee is manageable. Scholarships are available for bright students for financial assistance. University of Chittagong world rating is 3.8 stars. University of Chittagong ranks 9 in the country.
University of Chittagong is equipped with latest technology and machines required by medical students at the university. The university has special laboratories, MRI center, X-ray room etc.
Yes, MBBS from Chittagong University is recognized by NMC, WHO and University Grants Commission, Bangladesh.
English language is used for classroom instruction and lectures during MBBS course in Bangladesh at University of Chittagong.
Average Spending in Chittagong, Bangladesh during MBBS Abroad
1 Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) = Approx. INR 0.99/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 100-350 BDT
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 300-550 BDT
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 600-1000 BDT
- Cappuccino: 60-345 BDT
- Bread for 2 people: 20-80 BDT
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 30-100 BDT
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 500-3000 BDT
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 20-100 BDT
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 6000-15000 BDT
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 4000-10000 BDT
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 1000-5000 BDT
- Internet Expense: 1200-10,000 BDT
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 500-3000 BDT
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 500-5000 BDT
- Shoes and footwear: 2500-8000 BDT
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Chittagong
Handi Restaurant serves Indian and Asian food with plenty vegetarian options. This restaurant is great for lunch and dinner.
The Exchange Restaurant offers you a fine dining experience. The place serves Indian, Asian and European cuisine.
Looking for a place to have lunch with your friends after exams? Koyla serves Indian and Asian food at great prices.
The River View Restaurant has a scenic view of the river Karnaphuli. Treat yourself to Indian, Asian food and Seafood menu here.
Tava Restaurant is the perfect spot for satiating your Indian food cravings. The place serves Indian and Asian food with many vegetarian dishes.