MBBS in University of Dhaka
MBBS course in Bangladesh is pursued by a slew of aspirants, and several turn to admission in University of Dhaka for reasons inevitable. Being one of the oldest and legendary educational institutions in Bangladesh, its founding dating back to July of 1921, Dhaka University has been the birthplace of several scholars that have stayed back to impart their knowledge and experience to students who want to study MBBS at University of Dhaka. This doesn’t come as a surprise considering the university’s embossed aim of branching out with time and to new disciplines to contribute sizeably to the society.
University of Dhaka’s, in Bangladesh, non-affiliating, residential character, similar to that of Oxford University in England, was a distinguishing feature at first. However, instead of an exclusive residential-cum-teaching character, the University has been granted an affiliating mandate since 1947.
Students who secure admission in Dhaka University reap the excellent academic system, administration and faculty that uphold the reputation of being one of the best MBBS courses in Bangladesh and the process of individual evolution to contribute to the world as a whole.
Why study MBBS at University of Dhaka 2021-22?
Besides their amazing alumni record, University of Dhaka world ranking is so due to the following details:
- Medical education at University of Dhaka is conducive to all students from every part of the world due to the low cost with no donation fees or hidden costs considering the University of Dhaka annual tuition fees.
- Practical as well as theoretical information is offered to the students.
- The University of Dhaka admissions process is very straightforward.
- English and Bengali are the languages used as media of instruction.
- After completing the MBBS course at University of Dhaka, every student will receive a globally recognised medical degree.
- NMC and WHO have formally recognised and approved the University of Dhaka.
- The Dhaka University has a well-developed infrastructure that meets all of a student's basic needs.
- An international community is built to help every student be exposed to a variety of cultures during their MBBS in abroad.
- For the MBBS in University of Dhaka, students are not required to take any university exams.
Living in Dhaka
Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh and is so for good reason as it is a megacity with a population of 16 million people and a land area of 1353 square kilometres making it a geographic hub.
- Dhaka is a city with a large number of mosques and muslins.
- Dhaka is located in the monsoon climate region, receiving nearly 80% of the annual average rainfall with an average temperature of 25 Celsius.
Dhaka is full of rich history that is preserved in the following:
- Ahsan Manzil Museum
- National Parliament House
- Lalbagh Fort
- Bangladesh National Zoo, Mirpur
- Star Mosque
- Dhakeshwari Mandir
- National Martyrs Monument
- Liberation War Museum
- Ramna park
- Rose Garden Palace
- Hossaini Dalan
- Bahadur Shah Park
- Dhanmondi Lake
- Khan Mohammad Masjid
- Saat Gombuj Jaame Masjid
- Suhrawardy Udyan
Cost of Living in Dhaka
A full-fledged city with all major amenities, Dhaka provides a comfortable lifestyle for students as it is cheaper than Indian cities to traverse and live in.
Facilities at University of Dhaka
Besides the aforementioned, students have a wholesome experience during their MBBS in University of Dhaka:
- There is a cafeteria in the campus area where students can get hygienic Indian food.
- During their MBBS in University of Dhaka, students have access to all modern educational facilities.
- Students have access to labs for hands-on learning and classrooms for theory sessions.
- For international students, excellent housing facilities with all basic amenities are offered.
- Students are protected 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To study MBBS at University of Dhaka, Wi-Fi is generously available for research or entertainment.
University of Dhaka Ranking 2021-22
University of Dhaka world ranking is quite commendable. Following is the University of Dhaka ranking:
University of Dhaka MBBS - Course Duration
The MBBS in University of Dhaka lasts six years, including a year of internship, which is required to complete the programme and be considered eligible to practise medicine. After passing the NMC screening examination, students studying MBBS at Dhaka University will be awarded a recognised medical degree and will be able to practise medicine anywhere in the world.
University of Dhaka: Important Dates and Timelines 2021-22
To study MBBS at University of Dhaka for Indian students, the following are the dates that need to be marked in every aspiring student’s calendar who wants to follow through with the application to MBBS abroad -
|Commencement of the 2021-22 Intake Cycle||November & December 2021|
|Last Date of Application||November & December 2021|
|Admission Letter||Within two weeks|
University of Dhaka - Must Know Facts 2021-22
MBBS in University of Dhaka is not a feat if the following works for the aspiring student:
|Basic Eligibility||HSC or equivalent with 50%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Last Date to Apply||November & December 2021|
|Course Fee||₹ 2.09 lakhs/year|
|Course Duration||6 years (Including 1-year internship)|
|University Recognized by||MCI and WHO approved|
Country Rank - 2
World Rating – 4 stars
MBBS in University of Dhaka Fee Structure 2021-22
University of Dhaka fees are affordable and are one of the reasons for the high influx of quality students who want to study MBBS abroad. The following is the annual University of Dhaka tuition fee and more:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fee||USD 2857.14||USD 2857.14||USD 2857.14||USD 2857.14||USD 2857.14|
|Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 2.09 Lakhs||₹ 2.09 Lakhs||₹ 2.09 Lakhs||₹ 2.09 Lakhs||₹ 2.09 Lakhs|
|Hostel Fees||₹ 571.42||₹ 571.42||₹ 571.42||₹ 571.42||₹ 571.42|
|Total Fees in Rupees||₹ 2.40 Lakhs||₹ 2.40 Lakhs||₹ 2.40 Lakhs||₹ 2.40 Lakhs||₹ 2.40 Lakhs|
Note: Please contact the university for clarification; the above University of Dhaka tuition fee is subject to change.
Hostel and Accommodation Facility
For international students seeking an MBBS abroad, the Dhaka University offers comfortable living hostel facilities with all basic amenities:
- The hostel rooms are clean, well-organized, and well-equipped
- Students will share a room with up to three other students
- Boys and girls are assigned to separate floors in the hostel
- The students have access to laundry and a gym
- Students have access to a shared kitchen where they can prepare anything they want at any time
- The presence of a mess where the chef prepares a variety of cuisines as well as Indian food
- Students have access to nearby stationery, cafes, restaurants, and grocery stores.
University of Dhaka – MBBS Syllabus
For a better understanding of the University of Dhaka's MBBS course, medical students should refer to the study calendar mentioned below in the table:
|1st Phase||1 year and 6 months||Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry||First Professional MBBS|
|2nd Phase||1 Year||Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine||Second Professional MBBS|
|3rd Phase||1 Year||pharmacology & therapeutics, microbiology and Pathology||Third Professional MBBS|
|4th Phase||1 year and 6 months||Medicine and allied subjects, Surgery and allied subjects, Obstetrics and Gynecology||Final Professional MBBS|
Medium Of Teaching Information
University of Dhaka admission requirements are as simple as stated below:
- Duly filled application Form
- Passport size photographs
- Marksheets and certificates of class 11 and 12
- School leaving/Migration certificate
- Scanned copy of a valid passport including image
- Certificates of extra-curricular activities if any
- All the documents must be attested by the relevant authorities
- A receipt that confirms payment of fees
- Admission letter
- Student's birth certificate
- Medical fitness documents/COVID test
Faculty and Courses Information
Eligibility Criteria by University of Dhaka for MBBS
The following is to be checked out by every student before applying for admission in University of Dhaka:
- The MBBS in University of Dhaka in Bangladesh is open to students aged 17 and up as of December 31, 2020.
- In PCB, an HSC or equivalent must be secured with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC)
- The NEET score is taken into account and is needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
Admission Process for MBBS in University of Dhaka: Step by Step guide
Study MBBS in Bangladesh with uncomplicated procedures for admission. University of Dhaka admissions follow the below steps:
Step. 01Candidates must complete the University of Dhaka for MBBS online application form
Step. 02The proposal will be submitted to the concerned department/committee for review.
Step. 03The admission will be approved by the provost, and the deliberation will be forwarded to the Ministry of Education.
Step. 04The Ministry of Education will grant a certificate of no-objection to the candidate's entry.
Step. 05Candidates must pay the first year’s University of Dhaka's annual fees.
Step. 06To obtain a valid passport, international students must apply for a visa.
The Scholarship section of the administrative building aims to assist students with various assistance sources to pay for University study expenses through an extensive network of grants, scholarships, loans, and student jobs from the Bangladesh government, non-government organisations, generous donors, and private resources. These scholarships are unbiased and impervious to physical capacity, political affiliation, marital status, sex, colour, ethnicity, religion, age, or national origin.
The academic degree conferred by the Dhaka University is completely recognised by the following medical bodies:
- National Medical Commission
- World Health Organization
University of Dhaka – Address
University of Dhaka address is as follows:
Average Spending by Indian Students at Dhaka Central International Medical College, Dhaka
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||155.00 ৳||₹ 100.00 - ₹ 300.00|
|Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||1,100.00 ৳||₹ 700.00 - ₹ 2,200.00|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||550.00 ৳||₹ 500.00 - ₹ 800.00|
|Domestic Non-Alcoholic Beer (0.5 liter draught)||375.00 ৳||₹ 200.00 - ₹ 600.00|
|Milk (regular), (1 liter)||74.33 ৳||₹ 60.00 - ₹ 90.00|
|Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g)||55.96 ৳||₹ 35.00 - ₹ 125.00|
|Rice (white), (1kg)||59.82 ৳||₹ 50.00 - ₹ 70.00|
|Eggs (regular) (12)||105.74 ৳||₹ 84.00 - ₹ 120.00|
|Local Cheese (1kg)||640.91 ৳||₹ 250.00 - ₹ 1,500.00|
|One-way Ticket (Local Transport)||40.00 ৳||₹ 30.00 - ₹ 50.00|
|Monthly Pass (Regular Price)||2,100.00 ৳||₹ 1,200.00 - ₹ 4,347.83|
|Taxi Start (Normal Tariff)||100.00 ৳||₹ 55.00 - ₹ 200.00|
|Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)||40.00 ৳||₹ 20.00 - ₹ 100.00|
|Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff)||250.00 ৳||₹ 200.00 - ₹ 500.00|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre||13,312.50 ৳||₹ 8,000.00 - ₹ 25,000.00|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre||7,750.00 ৳||₹ 5,000.00 - ₹ 15,000.00|
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre||36,117.65 ৳||₹ 25,000.00 - ₹ 60,000.00|
|1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar)||2,357.14 ৳||₹ 800.00 - ₹ 5,000.00|
|1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...)||2,653.85 ৳||₹ 1,000.00 - ₹ 5,000.00|
|1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range)||5,525.58 ৳||₹ 2,000.00 - ₹ 10,000.00|
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Dhaka Central International Medical College
Ambient and delicious food with a transportive quality.
South Indians can rejoice with this one.
Nothing more or less from its name; it is Lucknow in Dhaka.
Authentic buffets that scream Indian flavours and food.
Famous for its ample Hyderabadi biriyani.