MBBS in University of Rajshahi
University of Rajshahi has a 68 years long history of imparting education to students. The university was established in the year 1953 with an aim to provide world-class education to its students in various disciplines. Rajshahi University is one of the top ten ranked universities to study MBBS in Bangladesh.
University of Rajshahi is recognized by WHO, NMC and other renowned global organisations, that makes the medical degree acknowledged all over the world. The institution awards an MD degree (Doctor of Medicine) which is equivalent to MBBS in India.
Applications for admission in University of Rajshahi open in November, December 2022 for students who wish to study MBBS abroad in Bangladesh.
Benefits of MBBS in University of Rajshahi
MBBS course at Rajshahi University opens up various avenues for its students. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Bangladesh at University of Rajshahi.
- Rajshahi University is among the top ten universities in Bangladesh. Rajshahi University ranking in Bangladesh is 7.
- Rajshahi University has provisions for students to get practical experience. Hospital associated with the university invites students to work under experienced doctors.
- Medical education at University of Rajshahi is recognized globally by esteemed organizations like WHO, NMC etc.
- The university provides well-equipped infrastructure and laboratories for students who study MBBS at University of Rajshahi.
- University of Rajshahi tuition fee for MBBS course is value for money. Students get a holistic education that become the building rock of their successful careers.
- MBBS at University of Rajshahi is conducted in English and Bengali.
- Rajshahi University world rating is 4.3 stars.
Student Life: University of Rajshahi
- Rajshahi University has various centers and infrastructure for students.
- Mental Health Center at the university aids students who require counselling or any other help. Students are also given opportunities at the center after completion of the course.
- The Medical Center of Rajshahi University is responsible for the well-being of the residents the university. Any kind of medical assistance is readily available here.
- The university has collaborative relationship with many other universities. Students can take part in student exchange programs, conferences and seminars organized regularly by the institute.
- Sports Center is available for recreation and athletic endeavours for all students at Rajshahi University in Bangladesh.
The city of Rajshahi is located on the banks of the serene Padma river. The metropolitan is best known as the educational and cultural hub of the country. There are various tourist destinations to explore in Rajshahi like Shaheb Bazzar Mosque, Puthia Rajbari, Varendra Museum etc. The city has a large green cover, making it a very clean and quiet one to live in.
Rajshahi experiences tropical wet and dry climate. The city receives significant amounts of rainfall throughout the year. The temperature is high and humid.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- Students are given access to the university’s IT centre, library, residence arrangements etc.
- University’s Mental Health Centre provides counselling and psychological services for students who need help in coping with personal as well as professional issues.
- In addition to students’ mental health, the university also provides infrastructure for their physical well-being. There is a gymnasium and well-maintained sports facility for students’ use.
- The university provides necessary facilities like internet connectivity, transport services etc. The administration has many provisions to aid students’ academic prospects in terms of scholarships, student exchange programs, annual seminars and conferences etc.
- Rajshahi University’s Medical Centre is located in the campus’s vicinity and open for budgeted treatment for both students as well as the faculty.
University of Rajshahi world ranking and Recognition
MBBS course at University of Rajshahi is recognized by WHO, NMC, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Medical Council and Dental Council, Ministry of Foreign affairs, Bangladesh.
University of Rajshahi: Important Dates 2022-23
For University of Rajshahi admissions 2022-2023 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates -
|Commencement of the 2022-23 Intake Cycle||November & December 2022|
|Commencement of Application||November & December 2022|
|Admission Letter||Within the next 3-4 weeks|
University of Rajshahi in Bangladesh: Must Know Facts 2022-23
To secure University of Rajshahi admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2022-23||November & December 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 12th with PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||24.50 Lakhs/ Year (INR)|
|Duration of MBBS Course||5 years (including 1 year of internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|University of Rajshahi Ranking in Bangladesh||7|
|University of Rajshahi World Rating||4.3 stars|
|University Recognized by||Approved by NMC, WHO|
University of Rajshahi Fee Structure MBBS 2022
University of Rajshahi fees for MBBS in Bangladesh 2022 is value for money. The students get the best facilities and infrastructure during the MBBS course in Bangladesh, studying under a learned faculty which guides them at every step.
Year-wise details of University of Rajshahi fees is given below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Course Fee in USD||USD 35000||USD 35000||USD 35000||USD 35000||USD 35000|
|Course Fee in INR||₹ 24,50,000||₹ 24,50,000||₹ 24,50,000||₹ 24,50,000||₹ 24,50,000|
Note: 1 USD = ₹ 70
University of Rajshahi MBBS fees mentioned is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
University of Rajshahi annual tuition fee is given above.
Registration charges, Application fee, flight tickets etc will charge up to 1,00,000 INR or more.
Hostel and Accommodation
University of Rajshahi hostel is available for all students, including international students who come to Bangladesh for MBBS in abroad. Given below is detailed information about the hostel facilities for students during MBBS in Bangladesh 2022-23.
- University of Rajshahi reviews confirm that the hostel premises have fully furnished rooms with basic facilities like beds, shelves, fans, chairs, cupboard, bathrooms and study desks.
- Girls and boys have separate hostel wings. There are 18 wings, out of which 6 are available for girls and 11 for boys.
- The canteen provides healthy and hygienic food for students all day. Indian food is available for Indian students who enrol in MBBS course in Bangladesh.
- There is a kitchen area where students can cook on their own.
- Access to internet is available for all students.
- Hostel premises are guarded by security staff around the clock.
- Public transport is easily available near the hostel. Grocery stores, banks, stationery shops are also in the vicinity.
University of Rajshahi MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at University of Rajshahi aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
The course includes 5 years of classroom learning and one year of internship in the final year of the course.
MBBS in University of Rajshahi is divided in Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical stages. Each semester is 6 months long
Here is the detailed syllabus of University of Rajshahi for MBBS:
|Phase I (One and a half year)|
|Phase II (One Year)|
|Phase III (One Year)|
|Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
|Phase IV (One and a half year)|
|Medicine and Allied Subjects|
|Surgery and Allied Subjects|
University of Rajshahi admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs
- Letter of Recommendation
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Student Visa
- English Language proficiency certificate
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard (if opted)
- Medical Certificate
- Income proof of parent/guardian
Faculties offered in University of Rajshahi for MBBS
- General Medicine
- Animal Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in University of Rajshahi
To secure admission in University of Rajshahi, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects to study MBBS at University of Rajshahi for Indian students for General category.
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 40% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects to study MBBS at University of Rajshahi for Indian students for SC/ST/OBC category.
- University of Rajshahi admission requirement does not mandate NEET examination. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st July of the year of admission to study MBBS abroad in Bangladesh.
Admission Process Information
University of Rajshahi admissions have an easy and smooth process. University of Rajshahi admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for University of Rajshahi admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on the university’s website.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities.
Step. 03The student appears for a Skype interview once their documents are verified by the university. Qualifying interview round is crucial to secure admission in the university.
Step. 04University of Rajshahi admission office will issue an Offer letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 05After receiving the Offer letter and confirmation of admission, the student will be asked to pay the enrolment fees specified by the institute. University of Rajshahi fee for MBBS needs to be deposited with the university as well.
Step. 06Next step is applying for Visa. Student needs to apply for student Visa with the government authorities after payment of course fee.
Step. 07Once the visa application is verified and stamped, the student needs to inform the university of their date and time of arrival in Bangladesh.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
You need to fill the application form available on the university’s website. Upload all the required documents. MBBS in University of Rajshahi applications are out in November & December 2022
Rajshahi is an affordable city to live. Average monthly cost of living there is 5000- 6000 INR.
No, working while staying in Bangladesh on student visa is not allowed.
Rajshahi University fee for MD is about 24-25 lakhs per year.
Rajshahi University is a great option for MBBS. Rajshahi University tuition fee is manageable. Scholarships are available for bright students for financial assistance. University of Rajshahi world rating is 4.3 stars. Rajshahi University ranks 7 in the country.
About 25 seats are reserved for international students for MBBS course in Bangladesh at University of Rajshahi.
University of Perpetual Help Address
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, Las Pinas Campus
Almanza Uno, Las Pinas,
1740 Metro Manila,
Average Spending in Rajshahi, Bangladesh during MBBS Abroad
1 Bangladeshi Taka (BDT) = Approx. INR 0.99/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 100-300 BDT
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 400-680 BDT
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 350-2200 BDT
- Cappuccino: 70-350 BDT
- Bread for 2 people: 35-125 BDT
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 10 Peso
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 500-3000 BDT
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 20-100 BDT
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 4000-7000 BDT
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 2000-5000 BDT
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 2000-8000 BDT
- Internet Expense: 1200-6,000 BDT
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1000-5000 BDT
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 800-5000 BDT
- Shoes and footwear: 2000-7000 BDT
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Rajshahi
Akbori Misti Mela serves India, Chinese and Thai food in a cozy ambiance.
Hotel Star International offers Chinese, Indian and Asian cuisine, along a classy dining experience.
For those late cravings for Indian food, Midas Restaurant is the best choice.
When you crave spicy desi flavours, Chilli’s Rangpur is the place to be! The restaurant serves Seafood, Chinese and Indian cuisine.
ZahMon Café and Restaurant is a wide range of dishes to choose from! The place serves, Italian, Indian, Chinese food.