MBBS in Gomel State Medical University
A public teaching university, Gomel State Medical University, is one of the four newest medical universities in Belarus. Though it was established in 1930, they opened admission in Gomel State Medical University to foreign students only in 2003.
With an academic infrastructure that comprises 600 specialists attending to 34 subjects with several laboratories and vast internationally acclaimed clinics.
MBBS in Gomel State Medical University follows European standards which is accredited by several statuary councils such as WH, CFMG(USA), GMC (UK), AMC (Australia), SLMC (Sri Lanka), India, China, etc and EU/EEA.
Gomel State Medical University admissions have ushered in around 2000 students from several countries around the globe since its inception, making it a perfect choice for aspiring students who want to study MBBS in Belarus and enjoy a cosmopolitan culture with opportunities galore.
Besides their amazing alumni record, Gomel State Medical University world ranking is so due to the following details:
- Freedom of choice between four faculties: General Medicine, Medical Diagnostics, Pre-University Training and General Medicine for Overseas Students
- Impeccable policy control under European standards
- MBBS in Gomel State Medical University uses English as the medium of instruction.
- The several boards that MBBS in Gomel State Medical University is recognised by MCI, AMC, GMC, WHO, UNESCO, European medical council etc.
- IELTS or TOEFL is not a prerogative.
- Gomel State Medical University MBBS comes with aids to help students crack medical licensing exams such as MCI, PLAB, USMLE etc.
- The quality of education is held up high by specialists and professors with accompanying libraries and e-libraries that provide access to students doing an MBBS course at Gomel State Medical University with ample reference material.
Gomel city is one of the largest in Belarus with an equally large population which contains 10% of Russians and a few are Ukrainians, giving one a picture of the number of foreigners and the culture. People are welcoming and respectful and is deemed to be safe for students.
Gomel State Medical University address is as follows:
Ulitsa Lange 5, Gomel, Belarus
Facilities at Gomel State Medical University
Following are some points that hold good for Gomel State Medical University and its reputation:
- Affordable Gomel State Medical University fees that attract students from far and wide to pursue an MBBS in Belarus
- The research centers and library are immersive and not limited to the subject matter.
- Gomel State Medical University provide its students with state-of-the-art medical equipment and technologies.
- Subjects are tackled with in great detail: fields of endocrinology, cardiology, immunology, haematology, ophthalmology, and oncology
Cost of Living in Gomel City
Living in Gomel as a student from India studying MBBS in Belarus, costs are minimal and rather, cheaper than in India itself.
Gomel State Medical University Ranking 2022-23
According to a platform called UniRank: https://www.4icu.org/, Gomel State Medical University world ranking is quite commendable. Following is the Gomel State Medical University ranking:
Duration of MBBS in Gomel State Medical University is 6 years with an included year of internship which is mandatory to complete the course and be deemed viable to practice as a doctor.
Gomel State Medical University: Important Dates and Timelines 2022-23
To study MBBS at Gomel State Medical University for Indian students, the following are the dates that need to be marked in every aspiring student’s calendar who wants to follow through the application to MBBS course in Belarus-
|Commencement of 2022-23 intake cycle||September 2022 & February 2023|
|Last Date of Application||September 2022 & February 2023|
|Admission Letter||Within two weeks|
Gomel State Medical University - Must Know Facts 2022-23
MBBS in Gomel State Medical University is not a feat if the following works for the aspiring student:
|Last Date to Apply||September 2022 & February 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||HSC or equivalent with 50%|
|NEET Exam||No, however it will be required in case you need to pursue a profession in India|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 3,50,000/- per year|
|Gomel State Medical University ranking||3rd Rank|
|Gomel State Medical University Rating||2.7 Stars|
|Course Duration||6 years (Including 1-year internship)|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English and Belarusian|
Note : Since 2019; There is huge decrease in Interest of students for going to Belarus for medical education from India as numerous students reported the quality of medical education in Belarus is NOT of Quality Expected even very low MCI Screening test results.
More than 100+ Students Transferred to Georgia, Philippines & Other Countries from Belarus. As reported by Numerous Students.
We respect the decision of student to choose the country for medical education but its our responsibility to show the clear picture with 100% Transparency without any professional interest.
MBBS in Gomel State Medical University Fee Structure 2022
Gomel State Medical University fees are affordable and are one of the reasons for the high influx of quality students who want to study MBBS abroad. The following is the annual Gomel State Medical University tuition fee and more:
|Particular||Annual Course Fee in USD||Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees|
|Year 1||7,500 USD||₹ 5,25,000/-|
|Year 2||4,370 USD||₹ 3,05,900/-|
|Year 3||4,370 USD||₹ 3,05,900/-|
|Year 4||4,370 USD||₹ 3,05,900/-|
|Year 5||4,370 USD||₹ 3,05,900/-|
|Year 6||4,330 USD||₹ 3,03,100/-|
|Total Course Fees||29,310 USD||₹ 20,51,700/-|
|Accommodation in a university dormitory per month||40-50 USD|
|Registration (maximum term ) -||50-70 USD|
|Registration of an exit / entry visa (once)||35 USD|
|Medical check-up||50-100 USD|
Note: Please contact the university for clarification; the above Gomel State Medical University fees is subject to change.
The medical education in Gomel State Medical University is supported with accommodation facilities for foreign students which are hostel and private in nature.
Gomel State Medical University hostel is accompanied by a gymnasium and sports facilities just a 5-min walk away. Students can engage themselves in sports and recreation activities during leisure.
MBBS Syllabus at Gomel State Medical University
The syllabus at Gomel State Medical University is very elaborate for an extensive experience. Here’s a quick glance:
4th - 6th Year
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings: Oncology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Gynaecology, Neurology, ENT, Psychology, Emergency Medicine, Paediatrics, Cardiology.|
Gomel State Medical University admission requirements are as simple as stated below:
- Duly filled application Form
- Passport size photographs
- Marksheets and certificates of class 11 and 12
- School leaving certificate
- Scanned copy of a valid passport including image
- Certificates of extra-curricular activities if any
- All the documents must be attested by the relevant authorities
- A receipt which confirms payment of fees
- Student's birth certificate
- Medical fitness documents
The following is to be checked out by every student before applying for admission in Gomel State Medical University:
- MBBS in Belarus at Gomel State Medical University accepts students of 17 years (as of 31st December 2020) and above.
- HSC or equivalent in PCB must be secured with an aggregate of 50%.
- NEET score is not considered. However, if the student wishes to pursue a profession in India then NEET will be required.
Admission Process for MBBS in
Gomel State Medical University
MBBS in Belarus can be secured with uncomplicated procedures.
Gomel State Medical University admissions follow the below steps:
Step. 01Application form filling with required scanned documents.
Step. 02On clearing eligibility and selection, an invitation letter is sent to the student.
Step. 03Using the invitation letter, one can apply for a visa in their respective Belarus embassies.
Gomel State Medical University – Important FAQs
Below are some questions frequently asked by aspiring students who want to study MBBS at Gomel State Medical University:
Gomel state medical university official website is http://www.gomelsmu.com/
The following are Gomel State Medical University’s contact info:
Email: [email protected]
They are entrusted to very qualified professionals by the legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 15.00 BYN12.84 - 25.69
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 60.37 BYN50.00 - 77.07
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 12.00 BYN10.00 - 12.84
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 1.10 BYN0.90 - 1.54
- Rice (white), (1kg): 1.87 BYN1.40 - 2.80
- Eggs (regular) (12): 2.75 BYN1.60 - 3.08
- Local Cheese (1kg): 14.22 BYN10.90 - 17.98
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 0.70 BYN0.60 - 1.00
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 35.50 BYN25.00 - 38.53
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 3.00 BYN2.50 - 4.00
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 0.50 BYN0.40 - 0.50
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 422.43 BYN256.89 - 513.77
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 232.00 BYN128.44 - 308.26
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar): 78.07 BYN51.38 - 100.00
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...): 95.77 BYN38.53 - 250.00
Top places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Gomel State Medical University
There aren’t many Indian restaurants, however, there are several places commonly visited by Indian students:
Fresh continental/local food that will win every foodie’s heart.
The world in your palette.