MBBS in France: About
MBBS in France is a popular option for students who want to study MBBS abroad because MBBS France has a unique way of teaching. All the MBBS colleges in France follow this path. MBBS in France is divided into three cycles: PCEM, DCEM and general medicine residency or other specialities which takes them to State Doctor of Medicine Diploma.
The first cycle of MBBS in France is 2 years long. The students pursuing Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, Odontology and Physio- kinesiotherapy study the same course for the first two years. Post the first cycle, a competitive exam is conducted which only 15-20% students are able to clear. The examination is same for midwifery, medicine, and odontology faculties. The limit for applying for first year program is two.
France Medical Education only accepts 8% foreign students out of the total admissions.
The second cycle of MBBS France is four years long. To reach to the third cycle, the students have to completed the second cycle and clear all the theoretical subjects. The final cycle consists of two faculties: general medicine or other specialities. It eventually leads them to a DES (specialised Studies Diploma).
MBBS Admission in France ensures quality medical education and holistic development of a student. This is the reason why students pursue mbbs study in France. MBBS in France fee is affordable and student friendly.
MBBS in France : A Quick Glance
To Study MBBS in France, students need to keep the following points in mind:
|Basic Eligibility||The student must be atleast 17 years old to pursue Medicine in France
The candidate should’ve scored at least 70% in (10+2) examination with the main subjects being Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English
|NEET Entrance Test||Not required, however will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not required|
|Medium||English & French|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO|
|Minimum Course Fee||50 L (For entire Duration)|
|Maximum Course Fee||55 L (For entire duration)|
|Course Duration||8 – 11 years|
|Top Medical University||Sorbonne Universite Faculty of Medicine
Université de Paris – Paris Diderot University Faculty of Medicine
All private colleges in France follow the above- mentioned details and so the students who want to study MBBS in France should not miss on this information.
MBBS in France fees:
MBBS in France fees structure is curated in a manner that it is student friendly.
|Category||MBBS in France fee|
|Citizens and Permanent residents of Switzerland and EEA countries||Free (Only a matriculation charge of around 200 euros per year)|
|Outside Europe Students||MBBS at Public Universities: 3000- 4000 euros per year
MBBS at Private Universities: up to 20,000 euros per year
MBBS in France fees in Indian rupees:
1 Euro: Rs. 91.18
To know about France medical college fees keep the above figures in mind. These are tentative MBBS in France fee figures
MBBS in France: Admission Procedures
To secure MBBS admission in France, the below- mentioned procedure has to be followed:
- Most of the colleges in France accept online applications from the students
- The students must pay an application fee. They should check the amount to be paid from the college’s website
- The students will have to create an account on the website of the college they want to apply to.
Apart from this for France University Admission, the below- mentioned steps have to be followed:
Step. 01The students should explore about colleges and Universities
Step. 02To gain information about the colleges, they should visit the websites of the colleges and then decide on a college
Step. 03Apply for entrance tests like GMAT/GRE, French Language Test (IELTS/TOEFL if required)
Step. 04Write SOPs and arrange for LORs
Step. 05Apply for colleges that interest you
Step. 06Appear for online interviews
Step. 07Once a college accepts your application, apply for a student visa
For MBBS admission in France,
the above- mentioned steps should be followed.
MBBS in France: Benefits
Those who want to study MBBS in France will enjoy the below- mentioned benefits. Advantages of studying MBBS in France are:
- The quality of education provided at MBBS college in France is top notch and is in accordance with international standards
- MBBS in France fees is affordable and student friendly
- The process of MBBS admission in France is hassle free and easy
- Study MBBS in France for Indian students is a popular choice as Indian food is provided in mess, there is an Indian warden for Indian kids and the medium of instruction for Indian students is English
- Universities in France are approved by NMC and WHO
- Cost of MBBS in France is low and affordable
- There are no donations required for MBBS in France
- Top medical college in France is home to around 1500 Indian students
- The infrastructure at colleges in France is cutting edge and top class
- Indian Student France are safe as there are strict policies against ragging in institutions
- France is home to people from various countries and ethnicities and hence to study MBBS in France for Indian Students is a good option
- MBBS course in France is 8-11 years long and is more than the course duration in any other country
Students who will choose to pursue medicine in France will receive the above- mentioned benefits.
MBBS in France: Eligibility Criteria
To study MBBS in France eligibility criteria is:
- The student must be atleast 17 years old to pursue Medicine in France
- The candidate should’ve scored at least 70% in (10+2) examination with the main subjects being Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English
- Medical Council of India certified Eligibility certificate must be produced by Indian Students
- Valid Indian Passport to be produced
- France Visa to be produced
- To pursue medical in France, the candidates must produce an NMC certificate
- Prior to joining a degree course, the student should’ve completed 18 years of age
- For candidates who have scored less than 60%, there are foundations and diploma programs
The students who want to study MBBS in France should fulfil the above- mentioned criteria.
The course structure for students who want to pursue MBBS should have a look at the below mentioned course structure:
As mentioned in the introduction, MBBS in France is divided into three cycles:
The first cycle of MBBS in France is 2 years long. The students pursuing Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, Odontology and Physiotherapy study the same course for the first two years. The limit for applying for first year program is two. A competitive exam has to be cleared in order to reach to the second cycle.
|Physics, Biophysics and Image Processing||Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology|
|Anatomy, Embryology, Developmental and Reproductive Biology||Cytology, Histology and Pathological Anatomy|
|Bacteriology, Virology and Parasitology||Fundamental Hematology, Immunology and Oncology|
|Genetics and Biotechnologies||Physiology and Nutrition|
|Pharmacology and Major Classes of Drugs||Epidemiology and Biostatistics|
|Clinical and Biological Semiotics and Medical Imagery Terminology||First Aid|
|-||Demography, Health Economics, and Health Systems.|
The second cycle of MBBS in France is four years long. To reach to the third cycle, the students have to completed the second cycle and clear all the theoretical subjects.
Students must also do internship and participate in seminars. The students may select the specialities according to their interests but the allocation of the same will depend on the grades.
The final cycle consists of two faculties: general medicine or other specialities. It eventually leads them to a DES (specialised Studies Diploma).
Also, to gain a complementary DESC certificate, students may indulge in additional specialities which is 2 year long process. The students can obtain Phd afterwards by preparing and discussing a thesis.
MBBS in France: Visa Formalities
- The students will have to create a Campus France registration file prior to submission of application for a student visa
- The students can schedule a meeting through online file or by contacting the Campus France Office
- There is a service of Campus France in French Embassy of India
The following documents are required:
- Passport Size Pictures (*2)
- Long stay Application form
- Passport (Copy)
- Student’s Campus France Id number (Print out)
- Cover Letter which explains study project and a resume
- Letter Of registration (From the respective academic Institution)
- Proof of Medical Insurance with validity in France
- Proof of funds: Can pay for tuition fees and should’ve a minimum of 615 Euros/ month for the complete duration of studies
- Round trip airline ticket (Copy), if the student is studying for 6 months or less
- One way ticket (Copy), if the tenure is more than 6 months
- Proof of residency in France, it can be: title of property, electricity bill, hotel reservation, etc. It should be at least for 3 months.
MBBS in France: Career Opportunities
Those who will pursue Md in France will get amazing career Opportunities in France:
- Usually it is the French language which causes issues for students who are pursuing MBBS Abroad and are not native speakers of French. So, to get a job, fluency in French is mandatory
- If the students have obtained a master’s degree or a similar degree then they can apply for APS which is a onetime non- renewable temporary residency authorisation. This is 12 months long
- There is a new scheme called “Second residence permit” which allows the tenure to be increased from 12 months to 24 months.
- The students who get a job which is in accordance with their academics then they can request for a status change and apply for full time employment
France is one of the most beautiful countries on Earth. It is Europe’s largest country. It is officially known as French Republic. Students try for College of France Admission because France is best country to study in. The capital of France is the beautiful city of Paris. France has very pleasant and cool winters and mildly warm summers. The country is known for its love for museums, art and museums and is known for cheese, perfume and wine.
MBBS in France: Student Life
The student life of the candidates who choose to do Medical in France:
- France is the lifestyle hub and the fashion capital of the world and hence students will live a colourful life in France
- The weather is also very pleasant in France that makes MBBS in France more lucrative
- France is rich in music, dance, literature and basically art
- Best medical college in France provides the students with wifi, libraries, sports centres, etc
- Studying MBBS in France is a dream of many students as the the quality of education for MBBS in France is top notch
- MBBS in France fees is very affordable and student friendly
The above- mentioned benefits are enjoyed by the students who choose MBBS France.
MBBS in France: FAQs
Yes, you can pursue an MBBS without NEET in France. However, NEET will be needed in case you wish to pursue a profession in India.
It is good and reputed University and many students choose to pursue MBBS here when they want to do MBBS in France
France is a very safe country to study in. There are so many Indian students studying safely in France as of now.
MBBS in France is a popular choice among students as the education provided is of cutting edge and top notch. It prepares a student for tomorrow by training him/her rigorously.
MBBS in France: Documents Required
For admission in MBBS France, the following documents are required:
- Resume (Copy)
- Statement of Purpose (Copy)
- Score card of language tests (Copy)
- Score Card of GRE/GMAT, if applicable (Copy)
- Mark sheets of: X and XII (Attested Xerox Copy)
- Mark Sheet of Bachelors’ Degree (Attested Xerox copy)
- Passport (Copy)
- Passport Size Pictures (Copy)
- Health insurance
- At least 2 teachers or professors who have taught you recently must provide you with academic reference letters
- Letter of Recommendation (if you possess work ex): At least past 2 employers should write and comment on your skills and talents
Best MBBS College in France:
According to France medical college ranking the best universities in France are:
- University of Catholique De Lille, France
- University of Paris Sud
- Sorbbone University
- University of Aix Marseille
- University De Lyon
- PSL Research University Paris
- University De Lorraine
These are Best Medical Colleges in France and also mci approved medical colleges in France
MBBS in France:
For the medical students who want to study in France, should know that MBBS in France is 8-11 years long course.
- It is mandatory for students to complete 9 years of education in general medicine from medical colleges in France
- Specialists like paediatricians and surgeons take 10 to 12 years
- The studies in France are divided into three courses:
DCEM, PCEM and general Medicine or other specialities. Eventually the student obtains country’s PhD certificate in medicine.
MBBS in France: Medium
The medium of teaching in France is English and French
- Meal at an inexpensive restaurant Rs. 1,271.90
- Meal at McDonalds Rs. 772.23
- Water (.33l bottle) Rs. 151.83
- One-way Ticket Rs. 154.45
- Monthly Pass Rs. 4,633.36
- 1 pair of jeans (Levis or similar) Rs. 7,167.52
- 1 summer dress (Zara, H&M) Rs. 3,172.62