About Tbilisi City, Georgia
When one decides to study MBBS in Europe, one should look forward to staying in beautiful cities. One such city in Tbilisi. If you are to study in Georgia you should know about the below given facts:
- The beautiful city of Tbilisi is the capital city of Georgia and is also the largest
- Situated on the banks of Kura river the city is home to people belonging to diverse religions, ethnicities and cultures
- This city carries with it the long history of periods under Persian and Russian rule. This has brought the city in the list of UNESCO world heritage cities
- Known for its heritage architecture the city holds Eastern Orthodox churches, ornate art nouveau buildings and Soviet Modernist Structures
David Agmashenebeli University: Important Dates and Timelines 2022-23
In order to secure your admission for the 2022-23 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2022-23 intake cycle||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Commencement of Application||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Call Letter||within the next two three weeks|
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: A Quick Glance
Important points about MBBS course at David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia:
Intake for MBBS Course at
|Last Date for Admission Forms||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||50 % in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Compulsory. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 3,22,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||Yes Available - USA, UK, Europe, UAE, Australia, Canada, India|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Ranking||Country Survey Rank - 5 World Rating - 3.2 Stars|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia Fee Structure 2022
The structure of David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia fees is given below:
|Annual Course Fee in USD||Doesn’t accept foreign student|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||Doesn’t accept foreign student|
|Hostel fees per month||Doesn’t accept foreign student|
|Total Course Fees||Doesn’t accept foreign student|
Better understanding of David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia fees breakdown of MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students in INR:
1 USD: ₹ 70
- The cost of logistics like flight tickets, visa, food etc will be approximately between ₹ 80,000 to ₹ 1,00,000
- The fee amount is subject to change and is approximate
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: MBBS Syllabus
To study MBBS in David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia students need to follow the given syllabus structure.
|Anatomy and Histology|
4th - 6th Year (Clinicals)
|Oncology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Gynaecology, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, ENT, Cardiology and Psychology|
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Faculties Offered
The faculties offered at MBBS in David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia:
- General Medicine
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Course Duration
The course duration of MBBS in David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia is given below:
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia MBBS is a 5.8-year long course out of which one year is dedicated for internship.
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Recognitions and Rankings
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia Ranking is:
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia recognitions:
- National Medical Council (NMC)
- World Health Education (WHO)
- Georgian Ministry of Health
- National Centre of Education Quality Enhancement
- Association of Medical School in Europe (AMSE)
- Association of Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Eligibility Criteria
To study MBBS at David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia, the student needs to fulfil the eligibility criteria is given below:
- The age of the candidate should be at least 17 and less than 25 on or before the date of admission at David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- The candidate must be high school pass out or s/he must have an equivalent qualification with the main subjects being Physics, Chemistry , Biology and English
- A general category candidate should’ve obtained at least 60% aggregate in 10+2 in the above-mentioned subjects and a SC/ST/OBC student should’ve obtained an aggregate of 40%
- For Indian students pursuing MBBS abroad, it is not compulsory to have cleared NEET. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- TOEFL and ILETS is also not compulsory
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Admission Procedure
For admission in David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia, the students should refer to the procedure given below:
Step. 01Fill the Application form.
Step. 02Send the application form along with the copies of necessary documents required for acquisition of student’s status.
Step. 03After the application form is approved and reviewed by the authorities, the student needs to pay the fees and deposit it in the University’s account.
Step. 04Within the time frame of a month, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia will issue and accreditation letter to the applicants. Once the University receives the letter, it will send an invitation letter to the applicant.
Step. 05It takes around 30 days to get a Visa approval after all the above steps are completed.
Step. 06The day and date of departure is decided once the student pays the fees.
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Documents Required
To pursue MBBS in David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia the following documents are required:
- Birth Certificate (in English)
- Marksheet of 10th (SSLC) and certificates
- Marksheets of 11th and 12th and certificates
- Passport size photos
- Original Passport (Minimum 2 years of validity)
- Filled Application Form
- Scorecard of NEET (if opted)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Language Proficiency certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Health certificate
- No Criminal Certificate
- An affidavit from the parents or the guardian
- Bank statement of parent/guardian for the period of last 6 months showing a balance of at least Rs. 3,00,000
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Student Life
Those who will choose to pursue MBBS in Europe and choose David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia will enjoy the following benefits:
- The students will get such an atmosphere and space where they can indulge in playing basketball, table-tennis, chess, etc
- The students who have a keen interest in art and culture will enjoy participating in the art competitions curated by the university, witnessing exhibitions cultural events which will showcase and embrace Georgian theatre, art, cinema and music
- The University has a huge library which is home to around 20,000 manuals, magazines and newspapers
- The students who will come to David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia for MBBS will enjoy the Southwest Asian sub-tropical atmosphere of Tbilisi, beautiful mountain ranges and temperate rainforests
- To study MBBS in Georgia for Indian students becomes easier as they are provided with at home food, hostel and accommodation facilities
- The students are provided with hostel facilities
Hostel and accommodation
The hostel facilities at David Agmashenebeli University is as follows:
- The students are provided with hostel facility
- The rooms provided at the hostels are hygienic and are well furnished
- Georgia experiences very cold weather and to protect the students who study MBBS in Georgia from the harsh weather, there are heaters both in the classrooms and hostel rooms
- The students are also given an option to reside outside the campus. The students can live in rented spaces, homestays or apartments
- The hostel rooms are furnished and are equipped with everything that is necessary
- The students are given such rooms and environment where they can unwind and feel comfortable
Cost of Living & Accommodation: David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
The cost of living in the city of Tbilisi is as follow:
|Necessities (Milk, bread, groceries, etc)||₹ 50 - ₹ 415|
|Eating at a decent restaurant||₹ 1400 - ₹ 1500|
|One-way ticket of any local transport||₹ 15|
|A monthly pass for local transport||₹ 750|
|Rent of a 1-bedroom apartment (Monthly)||₹ 14,000 - Rs 25,000|
Check Caucasus International University reviews for more information.
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Find below certain frequently asked questions about the university that may help you with further information-
The university has a very modern infrastructure and has a conference hall, elaborate library, computer rooms, educational audiences, press club, sports hall and first- aid training centre for relevant programs.
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia for Indian students is a great option as so one Indian student will find many fellow Indians to study with. There are more than 250 Indians studying at the University.
The University is collaborated with countries like the US, UK, Israel and Germany.
Those who decide to study MBBS abroad and study MBBS in Georgia should take a note of the fact that it takes around 30 days to get a visa approval for Georgia.
MBBS in Georgia for Indian students gets a bit more homely as the University provides the students with Indian food.
In order to get an admission at the university, both the exams are not mandatory.
Post the completion of the 6 years course at University, the student may appear for International Medical Entrances.
David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia ranking is pretty good, it is in the country and 3.2 stars in the world.
Yes, it is one of the best options. People choose this university over Georgia Medical University. The university is known for the top notch education it provides and is recognised by MCI.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
1 Lari = Approx. INR 23-25/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 10-12 Lari
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Bread for 2 people: 0.85 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 1000-1500 Lari
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 800-1000 Lari
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and other footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top five hang- out spots for Indian Students around Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
The restaurant’s ambience is aesthetic and Indian food they serve is delicious. Students can go there to chill on their off days.
It is a pocket friendly cosy restaurant where students can go when they have spent almost all their money and have little to spare.
When you feel like you are missing India a little too much, you should go to this restaurant as the vibe of this place is very Indian and vibrant.
This restaurant serves delicious Indian food with drinks and the restaurant is very exquisite looking. They make the best butter chicken in Tbilisi.
As the name suggests, this restaurant’s food will remind you of the taste of India and your mother’s kitchen.