About the city
To study in Georgia and pursue MBBS in Georgia you must also have some idea about the beautiful city Tbilisi where you are going to be living:
Tbilisi is the capital city of Georgia known for its ancient architecture.
This city carries with it the long history of periods under Persian and Russian rule. This has brought the city in the list of UNESCO world heritage cities. Known for its heritage architecture the city holds Eastern Orthodox churches, ornate art nouveau buildings and Soviet Modernist Structures. Above this, there is the Narikala which heads a reconstructed 4th century fortress, and an iconic statue of the “Mother of Georgia” called the Kartlis Deda.
Beautiful places to visit:
- Kartlis Deda
- Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi
- Jvari Monastery of Mtskheta
- Shota Rustaveli Avenue
- Bridge of Peace
- Royal Baths
- Old Town Architecture
- Avant- garde art galleries
- Ancient Monasteries
David Tvildiani Medical University: Important Dates and Timelines 2024-25
In order to secure your admission for the 2024-25 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2024-25 intake cycle
|October 2024 & March 2025
|Commencement of Application
|October 2024 & March 2025
|within the next two three weeks
David Tvildiani Medical University: Quick Glance 2024
Intake for MBBS Course at
|Last Date for Admission Forms
|October 2024 & March 2025
|Not Required. However, it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)
|₹ 5,50,000/- per year
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad
Yes Available - USA, UK, Europe, UAE, Australia, Canada, India
|Medium of Instruction
|Country Survey Rank - 3rd World Rating - 4.6 Stars
|University Recognized by
|NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC
David Tvildiani Medical University – Fee Structure 2024-25
|Annual Course Fee in USD
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees
|Hostel fees per month
|Total Course Fees
Note: 1 USD - ₹ 70 (approximate)
David Tvildiani Medical University - Course Duration
Course duration to study MBBS in David Tvildiani Medical University is 5.8 years.
The entire course aims to encompass all theoretical and practical facets that the students will require to excel in the future and learn the medical profession holistically.
David Tvildiani Medical University Syllabus
The students should follow the syllabus given below:
|Anatomy & History
4th - 6th Year (Clinicals)
|Clinical Subjects: Oncology, Internal Medicine, Psychology, Neurology, General Surgery, Pediatrics, ENT, Cardiology, Gynecology & Emergency Medicine
FMGE Performance 2019
David Tvildiani Medical University gives one of the best FMGE results. The passing percentage is high and you can see it below:
|Name of University
|David Tvildiani Medical University
David Tvildiani Medical University Ranking in country and David Tvildiani Medical University world ranking:
David Tvildiani Medical University of Georgia Recognition and Rankings:
David Tvildiani Medical University is authorised, recognised, affiliated and acknowledged by authorities mentioned below:
- Georgian Ministry of Health
- Association of Medical Schools in Europe(AMSE)
- Association of Medical Education in Europe(AMEE)
- FOundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
- ORPHEUS- Organization for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System
- Georgian Ministry of Education
- Eurasian Universities Union (EURAS)
David Tvildiani Medical University of Georgia: Eligibility Criteria
For pursuing MBBS in David Tvildiani Medical University, a student must fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
- The student should not be less than 17 years in age before 31st December or on it for the given academic year
- The student must have completed 10+2 years in Science Stream and must have done it from a recognised board like CBSE , ICSE, etc
- The student should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the core subjects and English as a supplementary subject in Class 12
- The student should have passed class 12 examination with a minimum of 50% in Science stream
- Keeping the new change by the Judiciary of India in view, the student need not have passed the NEET examination with the required minimum percentile. However, it will not be needed in case the student the wishes to pursue a profession in India.
David Tvildiani Medical University: Admission Procedure
To secure an admission in David Tvildiani Medical University, the students need to follow the below mentioned procedure:
Step. 01Fill the admission form with correct information.
Step. 02Post the admission form is filled, the students will receive an offer letter from David Tvildiani Medical University in a couple of days.
Step. 03After the students receive the offer letter, they must pay the fees for the 1st term.
Step. 04Once the student pays the fees, they should start with their visa procedure.
Step. 05Once the visa procedure is complete and the students receives the passport, they should start for Georgia.
David Tvildiani Medical University: Documents Required
The following documents should be submitted within the deadline in a published rector’s order if the student wants pursue MBBS in DTMU:
- Personal Application (In the absence of the student, a legal attorney should write the application given that there is a notary power of attorney document backing the role)
- Copy of ID card
- Copy of ID card
- The students who are under military conscription obligation, should provide a document that supports enrolment in military conscript body
- 4 passport size photographs (size: 3*4)
- NEET- UG examination scorecard along with admit card (if opted)
- Transfer/ leaving certificate from the previous institution
- Valid passport in case of foreign students
- Valid birth certificate to provide a proof of date of birth
- Must provide a caste certificate and validity certificate ( SC/ST/OBC category)
David Tvildiani Medical University Facilities:
Students who decide to study in Georgia will come to David Tvildiani Medical University for MBBS will be provided with following facilities:
- David Tvildiani Medical University provides clean and comfortable space in the hostel which is situated in the university area
- Practical Labs will be provided to the students who study MBBS at David Tvildiani Medical University where they they can hone their practical life skills
- The infrastructure is very modern and contemporary at David Tvildiani Medical University
- MBBS in Georgia for Indian students becomes easier as they will be provided with Indian food in the campus canteen
- The cafeteria will serve all the students fresh and healthy food
- The students will be provided with 24*7 internet which will help them to chill and to study
Hostel and accommodation
There are appropriate hostel facilities and accommodation provided at the David Tvildiani Medical University campus for international students:
- David Tvildiani Medical University has a great hostel with spacious rooms
- Separate hostel rooms for girls and boys
- Room allocation on a sharing basis
- David Tvildiani Medical University offers full time internet and electricity to its students
- Since David Tvildiani Medical University for Indian students is a popular choice and students from other countries to choose David Tvildiani Medical University, there is high security at the campus and hostel to protect the students and to make them feel at home
- The mess at the hostel takes care of 3 meals of the students and provides them with fresh and healthy food
- All the rooms at the hostel have an AC and have centralised heating system
- To keep the students healthy and stress-free David Tvildiani Medical University offers facilities like gyming, a sports complex where students can indulge in physical activities, TV service and a common kitchen where students can make food
- There is a 24*7 water supply and the rooms have attached bathrooms
- There is a washing machine and laundry facilities are also available
Also, the cost of living is economical for students who wish to study MBBS in Europe and David Tvildiani Medical University fees structure is curated in a student friendly manner.:
What basic amenities do your hostel rooms have?
- A study table
- Proper bedding
- A bookshelf
- A lamp
- A fan
Cost of living and accommodation : David Tvildiani Medical University
To study MBBS in Georgia for Indian students, would turn to be an economical option as the cost of living in Tbilisi, Georgia is quite low. The David Tvildiani Medical University fees structure along with living expense is given below:
|Approx. Range in USD
|Approx. Range in INR
MBBS in David Tvildiani Medical University: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Find below certain frequently asked questions about the university that may help you with further information-
DTMU starts taking in students in September.
Students prefer to study MBBS in Europe as universities like DTMU care a lot about the safety of the students. David Tvildiani Medical University has employed a high security system in the university area and the campus area.
The fees of the university are economical and student friendly. The breakdown of the fee structure is given in the content above.
After the student completes the entire 5-year course of MBBS, s/he is provided with a year long compulsory internship.
Yes, those who pursue MBBS in Georgia and David Tvildiani Medical University do get a vacation. The students need to inform the university in advance if they are planning to visit their homes in the vacation period. And also, it depends on David Tvildiani Medical University admission time.
No, the students are not given the permission to do so.
Yes, it is. DTMU is authorised, recognised, affiliated and Acknowledged by authorities like Georgian Ministry of health, EURAS, AMEE, etc.
DTMU Georgia world rating is 4.6 Stars.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
1 Lari = Approx. INR 23-25/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 10-12 Lari
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Bread for 2 people: 0.85 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 1000-1500 Lari
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 800-1000 Lari
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and other footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top five hang- out spots for Indian Students around Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
The restaurant’s ambience is aesthetic and Indian food they serve is delicious. Students can go there to chill on their off days.
It is a pocket friendly cosy restaurant where students can go when they have spent almost all their money and have little to spare.
When you feel like you are missing India a little too much, you should go to this restaurant as the vibe of this place is very Indian and vibrant.
This restaurant serves delicious Indian food with drinks and the restaurant is very exquisite looking. They make the best butter chicken in Tbilisi.
As the name suggests, this restaurant’s food will remind you of the taste of India and your mother’s kitchen.