Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia, situated near Kura river and surrounded by mountains on three sides.
- Climate in the city is quite suitable for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Georgia.
- Tbilisi experiences moderate winters and warm summers. Rainfall is significant throughout the year.
- Georgia’s economic and cultural centre, the city has a lot of attractive tourist destinations for students to explore.
- Tbilisi’s only airport, Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport is about 17 kms away from the city’s centre.
- Apart from widely spoken Georgian, a number of other languages - Azerbaijani, Russian, English, Assyrian, Urum and Svan are spoken in Georgia.
East European University: Important Dates and Timelines 2021-22
In order to secure your admission for the 2021-22 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2021-22 intake cycle||October 2021 & March 2022|
|Commencement of Application||October 2021 & March 2022|
|Call Letter||within the next two three week|
East European University – Must Know Facts 2021
|Last Date for Admission Forms||October 2021 & March 2022|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 3,50,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years including internship|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Georgia
List of colleges in Georgia for Clinical Rotation abroad
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Ranking||Country Survey Rank – 16 World Rating - 3 Stars|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
East European University Fee Structure for MBBS
MBBS abroad can be a costly affair for students. However, to study MBBS in Europe at the EEU, Georgia actually costs less than MBBS in India from a private university.
Given below is an annual estimate of East European University fee for MBBS:
|Annual Course Fee in USD||5000 USD|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||₹ 3,50,000/-|
|Hostel fees per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||30000 USD|
Note: 1 USD - ₹ 70
Costs mentioned above are approximate and subject to change with fluctuation in exchange rate of the currency.
East European University - Course Duration
Course duration to study MBBS in East European University is 5.8 years.
The entire course aims to encompass all theoretical and practical facets that the students will require to excel in the future and learn the medical profession holistically.
East European University - MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at East European University aims to train young professionals for any challenges that may come their way. The syllabus for MBBS in East European University is designed to introduce students to multiple branches of the medical profession. Take a look!
|Histology and Anatomy|
Fourth & Fifth Year
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynaecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
- MBBS program at East European University consists of 12 semesters with 360 ECTS credits
- MD/MBBS and Pharmacy faculties are available
International Cooperation: Erasmus+ Program
The university has been a part of Erasmus+ program since 2015. The program gives the students opportunity to study in leading European universities:
The program is implemented in two segments:
- Student Mobility: Erasmus credits are given to 1 or 2 semesters at bachelors, masters and doctoral level. Study period of the program is consistent with students’ training program at the sending university.
- Personnel Mobility: With this mobility of credits, the academic staff can teach in higher educational institutions in partnership with the university. The aim of the program is to ensure professional development of the academic staff and attract academic scholarships for the students.
Expenses covered include:
- Monthly Scholarship Cost- 850 euros
- Travel cost-360 EUR
East European University Ranking 2021-22
As per the uniRank system –
Accreditation & Recognitions
MBBS in East European University accredited and recognized by:
- Georgian Education Ministry
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Indian Medical Council
- World Health Organization
- International Medical Education Directory
Eligibility Criteria for admission in East European University
Aspiring students need to meet the following eligibility criteria to study MBBS in Georgia at East European University:
- A minimum of 50% aggregate in 10+2 with biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects is required for General category students.
- A minimum of 40% aggregate in 10+2 with biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects is required for SC/ST/OBS category students.
- Applicant must be 17 years or above on the date of admission.
- Applicant must have a valid passport.
- As per European Regulations. Students must be well versed with English comprehension, writing and speaking skills.
Admission Process to study MBBS in East European University
Here is a step-by-step guide for you to apply for admission in East European University.
Step. 01Fill the application form and send it to the Department of International Relations. Submit valid ID, address proof and other documents required by the authorities.
Step. 02If the candidate is found eligible, the Department of International Relations will authorize the application within 3 working days.
Step. 03Once the application is cleared, the student can apply for visa and complete other legal formalities. This process takes about 5 working days to clear.
Step. 04After verification of all the documents, the student will receive a scanned copy of the invitation letter.
Step. 05After receiving the invitation letter, the selected student can make fee payments as below.
- 20-50% of tuition fee
- Courier Delivery Services (whichever applicable)
- Visa support fees
Step. 06Once the applicant receives the student visa, they can plan their travel. The student must inform the university about their arrival at least 7 days before the date of departure.
East European University: Documents Required
Documents required to study MBBS in Georgia
Here is a checklist of documents you need to prepare for MBBS East European University.
- Birth Certificate
- 6 passport size photographs
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport with minimum 1-year validity
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Medical Certificate showing absence of HIV infection
- School passing/leaving certificate
Student Life: MBBS in East European University
MBBS in Georgia offers not only a holistic academic experience but also a vibrant social life to its students. Students from all around the world share common spaces and events at East European University and explore each other’s cultures, customs and traditions.
- Various cultural, charitable, academic and sport events are organised by the student bodies.
- Guest meetings are held regularly to ensure proper communication among diverse groups of students.
- The institute is in partnership with International Sports Federation. A number of athletic events are conducted throughout the year for students to mingle and have fun together.
- The university has Football, Basketball and Volleyball teams. There is also a chess club.
Hostel and accommodation
There are appropriate hostel facilities and accommodation provided at the David Tvildiani Medical University campus for international students:
- East European University provides on-campus housing in dormitories and hostels during MBBS in Georgia for Indian students.
- The hostel has separate wings for girls and boys.
- Security of the students is a top priority for East European University. Hostel premises are under vigilant security staff and CCTV surveillance.
- Students who wish to live more independently during MBBS in Georgia can opt for private accommodation near the campus.
East European University: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The tuition fees for MBBS program at East European University is $5000. It is approximately Rs.3.50 lakhs for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Georgia.
MBBS in Georgia for Indian students is completely safe. The locals are friendly towards international students. Hostels are well-guarded by security staff.
Faculties offered at EEU are Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Healing.
EEU provides on-campus housing for students in dormitories and hostels for students. Private accommodation is also available near the campus for students who wish to live like locals.
Average Spending by Indian Students at EEU
1 Lari = Approx. INR 23-25/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 12-16 Lari
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Cappuccino: 5 Lari
- Bread for 2 people: 0.85 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 2-5 Lari
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 1000-1500 Lari
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 800-1000 Lari
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Georgia EEU
Visit for a Sunday brunch or a simple dinner to fulfil your back-home cravings, blue India is the place to be for every Indian student feeling homesick and missing the good ol’ Indian spice and taste.
Known for its exclusive buffet menu, this Lebanese and Mediterranean restaurant is a heaven for meat lovers in Georgia.
A fine dine restaurant for some amazing and lip smacking north Indian and Mughlai cuisine. Best known for its Chicken Tikka and Saag wala paneer.
A peppy Bar cum restaurant where you can not only meet students from other colleges but also explore new friendships over Georgian, Lebanese and Indian cuisine.
As the name suggests, the place is best known for their variety of naan bread. You can find soul-satisfying Indian cuisine at NaanStop.