Living in Tbilisi City
Capital of the country and the largest city in Georgia, Tbilisi is situated on the banks of Kura River. The city was formerly known as Tiflis. It has a population of about 1.5 million people, hailing from diverse cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
Humid sub-tropical climate makes the city experience moderately cold winters and warm summers. The average temperature throughout the year stays around 13.5° C with significant rainfall. Due to this, experience of MBBS in Georgia for Indian students at Tbilisi state Medical University is sure to be smooth weather-wise as they can quickly adapt to the climate with ease.
Geomedi Teaching University SU: Important Dates and Timelines 2023-24
In order to secure your admission for the 2023-24 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2023-24 intake cycle||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Commencement of Application||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Call Letter||within the next two three weeks|
Geomedi Teaching University: MBBS 2023-24 Highlights
Important details to study MBBS at Geomedi Teaching University.
|Intake for MBBS Course||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Processing Time for application||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However, it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 2,80,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Georgia
List of colleges in Georgia for Clinical Rotation abroad
|Medium of Education||English|
|Geomedi Teaching University Ranking (Country Survey)||11|
|Geomedi Medical University World Rating||3 Stars|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
Geomedi Teaching University Fee structure 2023-24
MBBS at Geomedi Teaching University is affordable for students wishing to study MBBS abroad. It is cheaper than studying MBBS in Europe without any compromise on quality.
Geomedi Medical University fee 2023-24 is as follows:
|Annual Course Fee in USD||5000 USD|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||₹ 3,50,000/-|
|Hostel fees per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||30000 USD|
Note: 1 USD - ₹ 70 (approximate)
Application, visa, flight tickets, food, etc. will cost extra, about ₹ 80,000/- to ₹ 1,00,000/- (or more approximately).
The fees mentioned here is approximate and may change as per fluctuation in exchange rate of the currency.
Geomedi Teaching University: Course Duration
The duration of MBBS in Geomedi Teaching University is 6 years including 1 year of mandatory internship.
Geomedi Teaching University: MBBS Syllabus
Well-organised course aimed at holistic education at Geomedi Medical University is given below. The decision to study MBBS in Georgia for Indian students is sure to open an array of avenues for them enabling them with a successful future ahead. Refer below for the complete syllabus-
|Anatomy & Histology|
Fourth & Sixth Year
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynaecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, Cardiology.|
Faculties at Geomedi Teaching University:
Faculties with distinguished educators are available on campus at Geomedi Teaching University with specialisation across the field of medicine. These are-
- Human Anatomy
- Healthcare Management
Geomedi Teaching University Ranking 2023-24
Geomedi Teaching University qualifies as a well ranked university in Georgia.
According to 4icu.org, Geomedi Teaching University ranks 11 in Georgia.
Accreditation and Recognitions for Geomedi Teaching University
Geomedi Teaching University is recognized by these esteemed organizations:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- The Foundation for International Medical Education’s Advancement and Research (FAIMER)
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Geomedi Teaching University
The following eligibility criteria needs to be met by students for admission in Geomedi Teaching University:
- Student must be above 17 and below 25 years of age on or before the date of admission.
- Candidate must be a high-school graduate or must possess an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects to study in Georgia.
- MBBS in Georgia for Indian students requires at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
- For Indian students aspiring to pursue MBBS abroad, clearing NEET exam is not mandatory. However, it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
Admission in Geomedi Teaching University: Step by Step Guide
To study in Georgia, students must follow the stepwise instructions given below:
Step. 01Fill the online application form and submit required documents.
Step. 02Online applications are reviewed by the university. After verification of details, students are asked to deposit the course fee with the university.
Step. 03After the successful deposition of fee, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants within 30 days. Then the university receives a ministry order and issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
Step. 04Visa approval takes nearly 30 days after all the above procedures are completed.
Step. 05Once the fee payment is cleared, the date of students’ arrival at the university is scheduled and the student is then informed on the same.
Documents Required to study MBBS in Geomedi Teaching University
Documents required from students are as follows:
- 10th & 12th Certificates
- Birth Certificate
- NEET & IELTS score card (if opted)
- Migration and Transfer Certificates
- Front Page of Passport (minimum 2 years of validity)
- Medical Insurance and Certificate
- 6 Passport size photographs of the student
Hostel and accommodation
Hostel facilities are available for students who wish to study at Geomedi Teaching University. Accommodation is maintained in a manner that ensures complete safety, as-
- It is located on the campus and regularly maintained by dedicated staff
- There are separate dormitories for girls and boys
- The campus is located in a friendly locality that ensures security of all students at Geomedi Teaching University
The hostels are also well-equipped with:
- Air Conditioners
- Internet services
- Food and Beverages
Facilities at Geomedi Teaching University
Geomedi Teaching University aims to provide students with the best campus experience in order to help them balance their lives as they further their education. The university is equipped with top facilities for students for their overall growth. Their infrastructure includes:
- Campus Canteen
- Conference Hall
- Lecture Room
- Seminar Hall
- Campus Hostel Facility
- Sports Complex
- 24*7 Internet
- High-Security System
- Large Playground
- Medical Centre
- Departmental store for hostel students
Geomedi Teaching University: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Geomedi Teaching University MBBS offers.
- Human Anatomy
- Healthcare Management
WFME (World Federation of Medical Education) recognizes Geomedi Teaching University and the university is also affiliated by ECFMG, and FAIMER i.e. Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research. It is also approved by MCI and WHO (World Health Organization). The university provides ideal exposure if you wish to study MBBS abroad.
Geomedi Teaching University prides itself over its diversity of local and international students. About 250 students are studying at the university.
Geomedi Teaching University has 3 hostels with fully furnished rooms. Hostels provide various amenities and facilities to the students like air conditioning, heaters, TV, water supply, internet connectivity, food, beverages etc. Geomedi Medical University reviews can vouch for the quality of these facilities.
International students get a healthy environment at Geomedi Teaching University. The hostels are well-equipped with all basic facilities like air conditioning, food, TV, water supply, heating, internet service, etc. Decision to study MBBS in Georgia for Indian students will be a good and wise one.
Geomedi Teaching University was established in 1998.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Geomedi SU
1 Lari = Approx. INR 23-25/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 10-12 Lari
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Bread for 2 people: 0.85 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 1000-1500 Lari
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 800-1000 Lari
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Geomedi
Visit for a Sunday brunch or a simple dinner to satiate spicy Indian food! Blue India is best known for scrumptious Tandoori recipes and an Indian twist to different Anglo-Indian dishes.
Known for its exclusive buffet menu, this Lebanese and Mediterranean restaurant is a heaven for meat lovers in Georgia. Most popular food items here are Shwarmas and lamb dishes.
A fine dine restaurant for some amazing, lip-smacking north Indian and Mughlai cuisine. Best known for its Chicken Tikka and Saag wala paneer.
A peppy Bar and restaurant, ideal for snacking and socializing with your new found friends. They also serve delicious biryanis!
A popular park in Georgia, the Quad is like the central park for the students in Georgia for hangout sessions, a game of football or just lie down under the stars.