About Tbilisi City
Formerly known as Tiflis, the city is located on the banks of the Kura river. Tbilisi’s only airport, Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport is located 17 km away from the city’s centre.
Indian students will find the climate absolutely lovely as they study in Georgia. With humid sub-tropical climate, the city experiences moderate winters and warm summers. Rainfall is significant throughout the year.
Georgian American University: Important Dates and Timelines 2022-23
In order to secure your admission for the 2022-23 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2022-23 intake cycle||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Commencement of Application||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Call Letter||within the next two three weeks|
Georgian American University MBBS: Quick Highlights 2022-23
Here are important details to know about the university for MBBS:
|Last Date for Admission Forms||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 3,15,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Georgia
List of colleges in Georgia for Clinical Rotation abroad
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Ranking||Country Survey Rank - 15 World Rating- 3 Stars|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
Georgian American University Fee Structure MBBS
One of the key aspects that make MBBS course at GAU attractive is the affordable fee structure. Indian students can pursue their dream of MBBS abroad at economical costs without compromising on the quality of education.
|Annual Course Fee in USD||5500 USD|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||₹ 3,85,000/-|
|Hostel fees per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||33000 USD|
Note: 1 USD - ₹ 70
Costs mentioned above are approximate and subject to change as per fluctuation in exchange rate of currency.
Other overhead expenses (registration charges etc.) are not included and can cost up to Rs.70,000 (approximately).
Georgian American University - Course Duration
Course duration to study MBBS in Georgian American University is 5.8 years.
The entire course aims to encompass all theoretical and practical facets that the students will require to excel in the future and learn the medical profession holistically.
MBBS in Georgian American University - Syllabus
MBBS in Georgian American University offers a well-rounded syllabus that equips its future medics for various challenges. The course duration is 6 years which includes 1 year of internship where students work under senior professionals.
Students are introduced to a wide range of disciplines during MBBS in Georgia at GAU. The syllabus for MBBS course is given below:
|Histology and Anatomy|
Fourth & Fifth Year
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynaecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
Georgian American University Ranking 2022-23
As per the uniRank ranking system, the GAU enrols about 1000-2000 students in their medical course annually.
Accreditation & Recognitions for GAU
GAU University, Georgia is accredited and recognized by:
- Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia
- Medical Council of India
- World Health Organization
Eligibility Criteria: MBBS in Georgian American University
Eligibility criteria to study MBBS in Georgian American University is as follows:
- Applicant must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- Clearing NEET examination is NOT mandatory for MBBS in Georgia for Indian students.However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- Clearing IELTS and TOEFL is not mandatory for international applicants.
- Aspirant must be a high-school graduate or must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate in the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 is necessary for applicants from General category.
- A minimum of 40% aggregate in the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 is necessary for applicants from SC/ST/OBC category.
Admission Process for MBBS in Georgian American University
Here is a step-by-step guide for you to apply for admission in Georgian American University.
Step. 01Fill the online application form available on the university website and submit the required documents.
Step. 02After the application is verified by the university, students need to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
Step. 03After deposition of fee, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants within 30 days. The university receives a ministry order after this and it issues an invitation letter to the selected students.
Step. 04Once the above procedures are completed, the visa approval takes about 30 days.
Step. 05The day and date of departure of selected students are scheduled and finalized after the fee is cleared. The students are informed about the same by the university.
Documents Required for admission in Georgian American University
List of documents that applicants need to prepare to study MBBS in Georgia is as follows:
- Birth Certificate
- 10th Marksheet and Certificate
- 11th and 12th Marksheet and Certificate
- 20 passport size photographs
- NEET Score card (if opted)
- IELTS and TOEFL Score card (if opted)
- An affidavit from guardian/parent
- Bank statement of guardian/parents for the last 6 months with minimum balance of ₹ 3 lakhs
Life at GAU:
MBBS in Georgian American University introduces students to great academic opportunities as well as a thriving social life. The university prides itself over its diversity which brings people from different walks of life under the same roof to study MBBS in Georgia together.
- Students from different cultures and customs come together and share what they have with each other. This widens their worldview and makes them a more informed and sensitive person.
- Accommodation at the university hostel lets the students experience life in the country to the fullest. The beautiful outdoors and friendly locals make MBBS in Georgia a delight for all students.
- Students can manage their study schedule and social life at infrastructure that provides library, Information centre, computer labs, common room, cafeteria and other space around the campus.
- Various educational, sports and charitable projects are undertaken by the student body at the university.
- Indian students can find themselves at home with variety of Indian cuisine available on campus and around the city.
Hostel & Accommodation at Georgian American University
GAU university provides hostel facilities for students enrolled to study MBBS in Georgia. Accommodation in the hostel is economical and comes with many amenities for students.
- Hostel is located on campus at the university and offer comfortable environment to live in.
- Students can avail facilities like a library, computer labs, common room and medical room etc.
- Hostel premises also provide food and beverages. Indian food is easily available on campus as well as in the city for Indian students.
Georgian American University: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The university awards its students MD (Medical Doctor) degree after completing 6 years MBBS course.
How is the infrastructure at GAU
It is safe to study MBBS in Georgia for Indian students. University campuses take security very seriously on Georgia. Hostel are under 24x7 CCTV surveillance for both girls and boys.
The University obeys the Bologna Process Principles. As per the Ministry of Education and Science, the university focuses on academic knowledge as well as creative skills of the students to widen their options after completing the courses.
The university is internationally recognized and accredited by MCI, WHO and the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
The university’s world rating is 3 stars.
No, Indian students need to clear the MCI screening test to practice in India. No other internship is required.
GAU is a great choice to study MBBS in Georgia for Indian students. Students from different countries and cultures study at this university which makes the ambiance rich and diverse.
Average Spending by Indian Students at GAU (in Lari)
1 Lari = Approx. INR 23-25/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 10-12 Lari
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Bread for 2 people: 0.85 Lari
- Cappuccino: 5 Lari
- Coke/Pepsi: 1-3 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 2-5 Lari
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 1000-1500 Lari
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 800-1000 Lari
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near GAU
Visit for a Sunday brunch or a simple dinner to fulfil your back-home cravings, blue India is the place to be for every Indian student feeling homesick and missing the good ol’ Indian spice and taste.
Known for its exclusive buffet menu, this Lebanese and Mediterranean restaurant is a heaven for meat lovers in Georgia.
As the name suggests, the place is best known for their variety of naan bread. You can find soul-satisfying Indian cuisine at NaanStop.
A peppy Bar cum restaurant where you can not only meet students from other colleges but also explore new friendships over Georgian, Lebanese and Indian cuisine.
A popular park in Georgia, the quad is like the central park for the students in Georgia where you can simply hangout, play a game of football or just lie down under the stars.