About Tbilisi City, Georgia
- The city ‘Tbilisi,’ the capital of Georgia, is spread out on the banks of the Mtkvari River and is surrounded by mountains.
- Tbilisi is a political, economic, and cultural center of Georgia, which also indulges locals and tourist with several leisure activities.
- Tbilisi has very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
- The most popular language spoken is Georgian. However, the other popular languages are English, Russian,Azerbaijani, Assyrian, Urum, and Svan.
- Tbilisi receives significant rainfall all year same as the other regions of Georgia.
- ‘Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport’ which is Tbilisi's only international airport, is located about 18 kilometers southeast of the city center.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University: Important Dates and Timelines 2023-24
In order to secure your admission for the 2023-24 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2023-24 intake cycle||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Commencement of Application||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Call Letter||within the next two three weeks|
Quick Highlights: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University for Indian Students
Find below the essentials an aspirant needs to know to make an informed decision regarding their choice in MBBS abroad.
|Last Date for Admission Forms||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in HSC or equivalent (PCB)|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 3,20,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Georgia
List of colleges in Georgia for Clinical Rotation abroad
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Ranking||Country Survey Rank - 4 World Rating - 4.7 Stars|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University - Course Duration
Course duration to study MBBS in Akaki Tsereteli State University is 5.8 years.
The entire course aims to encompass all theoretical and practical facets that the students will require to excel in the future and learn the medical profession holistically.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University MBBS Fees Structure
Medical education at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University will incur the following costs.
|Annual Course Fee in USD||7000 USD|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||₹ 4,90,000/-|
|Hostel fees per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||42000 USD|
Note: The currency exchange value is 1 USD = ₹ 70
MBBS Syllabus: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State Medical University
The pursual of MBBS in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University constitutes the following subject matter:
|Anatomy & Histology|
Fourth & Fifth Year
|General Surgery, ENT, Neurology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Ranking 2023-24
According to UniRank, a credible source, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University ranking is as follows:
Thus, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is one of the most sought after.
Accreditation & Recognitions for Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Owing to its heritage, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has close associations with renowned organisations:
- Medical Council of India - MCI
- World Federation of Medical Education - WFME
- Foreign Medical Alumni Education Commission – ECFMG
- World Health Organization - WHO
Eligibility Criteria: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University MBBS
To study MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University the following must be attended to for eligibility.
- The aspirant must be a minimum of age 17 and have a valid passport.
- HSC or equivalent degree must be cleared with an aggregate of 50% marks in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English for the general category and a minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for SC/ST/OBC category.
- It is a prerogative for students to be proficient in English to study MBBS in Georgia as per European Regulations.
Admission Procedures: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University for Indian Students
The MBBS in Georgia for Indian students in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University requires an easy step-by-step admission procedure to be followed by the aspirants.
Step. 01The Department of International Relations must receive a filled application form with sanctioned ID and address proofs, an international passport, educational documents to commence the admission process to secure a medical education at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
Step. 02If the department deems the candidate eligible, feedback will be sent to the aspirant within the next 3 working days.
Step. 03After thorough document verification, in the next 7 days an admission letter is sent to the aspirant.
Step. 04Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University assists with visa and other ministry-related legal obligations.
Step. 05Feedback can be expected by the aspirant in the next 5 working days. A scanned copy of the invitation letter will be sent to the aspirant by the department once the documents get a green flag.
Step. 06After which, payments can be done by the aspirant.
Step. 07With the invitation letter, the visa process may start.
Step. 08On receiving a student visa, travel can be planned.
Step. 09It is mandatory to let Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University know the date of your arrival 7 days prior.
Documents Required: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University MBBS
The following are crucial necessities to be able to apply for Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University admissions:
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- 6 passport size photos
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Medical Certificate showing absence of HIV infection
- School passing/leaving certificate
- Passport with minimum 1-year validity
Courses/Faculty offered: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University offers the following as independent faculties:
- Public Health
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University : Facilities
The 8 branches that house 46 courses, 81 scientific-research laboratories, 3 scientific research centres, and study-scientific institutes have the following including the mentioned making the aspirant's experience academically sound and content with their choice to study MBBS in Georgia.
- The university library has 3,650,000 items.
- The university provides 5 dormitories as a hostel facility.
- Equipped with 161 publishing, editorial houses, study laboratories, clinical hospitals, & diagnostic centres.
- The infrastructure of the institute keeps one-upping itself every year.
- All the necessary and modern equipment are kept up-to-date.
- Modern technologies are adopted in the University’s computer laboratories and classrooms which are spacious and ventilated.
Student Life: For admissions in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
The life of a student in the University is a result of the focused and comfortable environment forged by the academic staff and students alike. It is a perfect abode for aspirants who want to study MBBS in Europe.
- The University has a student club.
- A center of student affairs arranges student clubs, lauds club activities, and encourages student initiatives. Animated and spirited student life are maintained.
- Ivane University has a TSU Student self-government.
- The mission of the TSU self-government is to serve and represent the needs of students of all universities that fall under Tbilisi State University with their participation in educational, activist, political, ideological, and humanitarian needs.
- Tourism, Student Rights and Public Relations, Education and Science, Sport and Culture are some of the factions that are self-governed at the university.
Hostel and Accommodation:
The university has well-equipped and congenial accommodations that give it a standard for students who want to study MBBS abroad.
- 320 students are accommodated in the new campus
- It is a combination of 3 four-storeyed residential buildings, one administrative building with a resource room, conference room, medical center, cafe, computer room, laundry, library, and other paraphernalia for the students’ benefit
- The rooms are of hotel standard and two of them are specifically for the differently-abled. The entire campus is constructed with the differently-abled in mind
- The institute has different hostel facilities for boys and girls
- All the new-day bare necessities are taken care of by the university’s hostel
Cost of living and accommodation: Study MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students
Situated in Tbilisi, the university furthers opportunities for the aspirants to live a comfortable life without burning a hole in their wallets unlike cities in Central or Western Europe.
|Particulars||Approx Range in
|Approx Range in
|Rent (approx)||200 – 350 USD||₹ 14,000 - ₹ 25,000|
|Food||40 – 45 USD||₹ 2,800 - ₹ 3,150|
|Transport||10 – 15 USD||₹ 700 - ₹ 1,050|
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Apart from the information provided, the following are some frequently asked questions on Quora and Careers 360:
Yes, there are four airports near the university.
- Shirak International Airport
- Zaqatala International Airport
- Tbilisi Airport
- Ganja International Airport
Around 39,000 students are studying at Ivane University.
The university has a big library which has more than 37,00,000 books and periodicals, a printing press, 161 study laboratories and rooms, publishing and editorial houses, clinical hospitals, diagnostic centers, and a publishing house.
The university has 5 branches in Georgia, 60 research centers and laboratories, 7 museums, a printing press, a huge scientific library, a publishing house, etc.
Yes, as the degree is globally recognized, students can work anywhere in the world once they complete their degree from Ivane University.
The hostel of the university has 3 four-storeyed residential buildings, with an administrative building containing a resource room, laundry, library, conference room, medical center, cafe, computer room and other paraphernalia.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (in Lari)
1 Lari = Approx. INR 23-25/-
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Loaf of bread for 2 people: 1.12 Lari
- Water (1.5 liter bottle): 1.22 Lari
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 10-12 Lari
- Gasoline (1 liter): 2.54 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 1.00 Lari
- Utilities Expense (electricity, heating, garbage etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Monthly Rental, City Center: 2000-4000 Lari
- Monthly Rental, Outskirts: 1000-2000 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- Fast Fashion Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Nike, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Just as the name, the food does justice to Indians who want to travel with their taste buds tingling back home.
Known for its exclusive buffet menu, this Lebanese and Mediterranean restaurant is a heaven for meat lovers in Georgia.
A peppy Bar cum restaurant where you can not only meet students from other colleges but also explore new friendships over Georgian, Lebanese and Indian cuisine.
A well-known, highly reviewed restaurant that caters to take-away and delivery too.
Restaurant that does only take-aways and is known for its modern twist on Indian food.