About Tbilisi City, Georgia
When one decides to study MBBS in Europe, one should look forward to staying in beautiful cities. One such city in Tbilisi. If you are to study in Georgia you should know about the below given facts:
- The beautiful city of Tbilisi is the capital city of Georgia and is also the largest
- Situated on the banks of Kura river the city is home to people belonging to diverse religions, ethnicities and cultures
- This city carries with it the long history of periods under Persian and Russian rule. This has brought the city in the list of UNESCO world heritage cities
- Known for its heritage architecture the city holds Eastern Orthodox churches, ornate art nouveau buildings and Soviet Modernist Structures
- MBBS in Georgia for Indian students is a safe option due to the welcoming nature and atmosphere of the country
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy:Important Dates and Timelines 2024-25
In order to secure your admission for the 2024-25 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2024-25 intake cycle
|October 2024 & March 2025
|Commencement of Application
|October 2024 & March 2025
|within the next two three weeks
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: A Quick Glance
Important points about MBBS course at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy:
|Last Date for Admission Forms
|October 2024 & March 2025
|50% in PCB
|Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)
|₹ 4,20,000/- per year
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad
Not Available - only in Georgia
List of colleges in Georgia for Clinical Rotation abroad
|Medium of Instruction
|Country Survey Rank - 6 World Rating - 3.3 Stars
|University Recognized by
|NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: Fees Structure
The structure of Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy fees is as given below:
|Annual Course Fee in USD
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees
|Hostel fees per month
|Total Course Fees
Better understanding of Shotadze Academy fees breakdown of MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students in INR:$ 1=Rs. 70
The cost of logistics like flight tickets, visa, food etc will be approximately between Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1,00,000
The fee amount is subject to change and is approximate
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy - Course Duration
Course duration to study MBBS in Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy is 5.8 years.
The entire course aims to encompass all theoretical and practical facets that the students will require to excel in the future and learn the medical profession holistically.
MBBS Syllabus: Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
The students who decide to pursue MBBS in Petre Shotadze Academy will follow the below syllabus:
|Histology & Anatomy
4th - 6th Year (Clinicals)
|Oncology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Gynaecology, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, ENT, Cardiology and Psychology.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy Ranking 2024-25
According to UniRank, a credible source, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University ranking is as follows:
- World Health Education (WHO)
- Georgian Ministry of Health
- National Centre of Education Quality Enhancement
- Association of Medical School in Europe (AMSE)
- Association of Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- European Medical Students Association (EMSA)
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME)
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: FMGE Performance 2019
Check the below table to know about how many students had appeared for the exam and how many passed.
|Name of the University
|Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
Eligibility Criteria: Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
To get an admission in Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy an applicant needs to fulfil the following criteria:
- The age of the candidate should be at least 17 and less than 25 on or before the date of admission at the Shotadze Academy.
- The candidate must be high school pass out or s/he must have an equivalent qualification with the main subjects being Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- A general category candidate should’ve obtained at least 60% aggregate in 10+2 in the above-mentioned subjects and a SC/ST/OBC student should’ve obtained an aggregate of 40%.
- For Indian students pursuing MBBS abroad, it is not compulsory to have cleared NEET. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India
- The candidate need not require TOEFL and ILETS compulsorily
Admission Procedures: Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
To be able to study MBBS at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy the applicant needs to follow the below given admission procedure:
Step. 01Fill the Application form.
Step. 02Send the application form along with the copies of necessary documents required for acquisition of student’s status.
Step. 03After the application form is approved and reviewed by the authorities, the student needs to pay the fees and deposit it in the University’s account.
Step. 04Within the time frame of a month, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia will issue and accreditation letter to the applicants. Once the University receives the letter, it will send an invitation letter to the applicant.
Step. 05It takes around 30 days to get a Visa approval after all the above steps are completed.
Step. 06The day and date of departure is decided once the student pays the fees.
Documents Required: Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
The following documents are required to get enrolled in Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy for MBBS:
- Birth Certificate (in English)
- Marksheet of 10th (SSLC) and certificates
- Marksheets of 11th and 12th and certificates
- 6 Passport size photos
- Original Passport (Minimum 2 years of validity)
- Filled Application Form
- Scorecard of NEET (if opted)
- Health certificate which consists of HIV reports from recognised hospital
- No Criminal Certificate
- An affidavit from the parents or the guardian
- Bank statement of parent/guardian for the period of last 6 months showing a balance of at least ₹ 3,00,000
- Medical Insurance
- Migration Certificate
The only one faculty at the university is- “Faculty of Medicine”
The subjects under the Faculty of Medicine are:
- Human Anatomy
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: Course Duration
The course duration of MBBS in Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy is given below.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy MBBS is a 5.8-year long course out of which one year is dedicated for internship. The first five years at the university are dedicated for theoretical and medical education. The 6th year is dedicated for internship with an affiliated hospital where the students can apply the theoretical knowledge and learn the practical skills at the same time.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: Student Life
Those who will choose to pursue MBBS in Europe and choose the university:
- There is a rich library at the University with around 2000 books which will help students’ study better
- The university invests in its students and hence believes that they should be only taught quality education
- Students will get a lot of international exposure at TMA. They will be able to participate in exchange forums, internships at European clinics and will be able to secure international and national knowledge
- The university is recognised internationally
- There is a voluntary students academy union which facilitates better participation of students in TMA activities and helps them come up with new initiatives
- There is a First Aid centre at Objectively structured clinical skills examination (OSCE) centre which is well equipped with required equipment for the safety and well being of students
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: Hostel and Accommodation:
When students decide to study MBBS abroad they choose to do MBBS in Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy due to the excellent accommodation facilities provided. Facilities like:
- The hostel area is secured
- The hostel rooms are well furnished keeping the needs of students in mind
- The rooms are hygienic and spacious
- There is a steady internet facility provided at the hostel area to help students study better and to help them unwind
- 24*7 hot water supply
- There is a huge and rich with books library
- Kitchen with contemporary equipment
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: Cost of living & Accommodation
To study in Georgia, you should know about the cost of living of the place you are going to live in.
|Necessities (Milk, bread, groceries, etc)
|₹ 50 - ₹ 415
|Eating at a decent restaurant
|₹ 1400 - ₹ 1500
|One-way ticket of any local transport
|A monthly pass for local transport
|Rent of a 1-bedroom apartment (Monthly)
|₹ 14,000 - ₹ 25,000
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: Scholarships
There is no exclusive scholarship provided by the University but the Georgian government allocates certain part of its budget on scholarships which are provided on the basis of student’s performance.
The stipend covers:
- Tuition Fees
- Hostel Fees, etc
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Apart from the information provided, the following are some frequently asked questions on Quora and Careers 360:
To study MBBS in Georgia you can remain stress free. The city, country and the University are safe and secure. The University is guarded to keep the student safe.
Study MBBS in Georgia for Indian students becomes a bit easier as they are allowed to visit their families in vacations.
The Tbilisi State Medical University Ranking is better.
No, they are not as MBBS course is a rigorous course.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy (in Lari)
1 Lari = Approx. ₹ 23-25/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 10-12 Lari
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Bread for 2 people: 0.85 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 1000-1500 Lari
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 800-1000 Lari
- Utilities Expense (electricity, heating, garbage etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top five hang- out spots for Indian Students around Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
The restaurant’s ambience is aesthetic and Indian food they serve is delicious. Students can go there to chill on their off days.
It is a pocket friendly cosy restaurant where students can go when they have spent almost all their money and have little to spare.
When you feel like you are missing India a little too much, you should go to this restaurant as the vibe of this place is very Indian and vibrant.
This restaurant serves delicious Indian food with drinks and the restaurant is very exquisite looking. They make the best butter chicken in Tbilisi.
As the name suggests, this restaurant’s food will remind you of the taste of India and your mother’s kitchen.