About Tbilisi City, Georgia
- Tiflis was its original name, situated on the banks of the Kura River with a population of approximately 1.5 million people.
- The city of Tbilisi experiences a humid subtropical climate with slight continental influences.
- The city has moderately cold winters and warm summers.
- Tbilisi’s only airport, Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport is situated around 17 km southeast of the city hub.
- Tbilisi receives rainfall all year.
Tbilisi Medical University:Important Dates and Timelines 2022-23
In order to secure your admission for the 2022-23 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2022-23 intake cycle||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Commencement of Application||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Call Letter||within the next two three weeks|
Must Know Facts 2022 – MBBS in Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates
Below is for the aspirant's reference to building an accurate picture of the MBBS course at Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates.
|Last Date for Admission Forms||October 2022 & March 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 5,00,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Georgia
List of colleges in Georgia for Clinical Rotation abroad
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank - 42|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
Fee Structure: Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates MBBS
The university’s fees structure is considerably affordable as seen below making it very conducive to choose MBBS in Georgia for Indian students.
|Annual Course Fee in USD||7000 USD|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||₹ 4,90,000/-|
|Hostel fees per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||35000 USD|
The currency exchange value considered is 1 USD = ₹ 70
One-time overheard charges are applied (up to ₹ 70,000 for Registration charges, etc.)
Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates - Course Duration
Course duration to study MBBS in Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates is 5.8 years.
The entire course aims to encompass all theoretical and practical facets that the students will require to excel in the future and learn the medical profession holistically.
MBBS Syllabus: Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates for Indian Students
The Bologna process is followed by Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates in designing their syllabi which is at par with international standards.
|Histology & Anatomy|
|Basics of Clinical immunology & Allergology|
|Epidemiology and Evidence based medicine|
4th - 6th Year
|Gynecology, ENT, Neurology, General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates Ranking 2022
Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates ranking as per UniRank, a credible source, is more reason for students to opt for MBBS in Georgia.
|Country Rank||World Rank|
Accreditation and recognition: MBBS in Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates
As mentioned before, the Hippocrates university is a highly recognised university.
- International Medical Education Directory
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Georgian Education Ministry
Eligibility Criteria: MBBS in Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates
One must clear the following few particulars to be eligible to study MBBS in Georgia at the university:
- The candidate must be a minimum of age 17 and a maximum of 25 as of the admission date.
- Both IELTS and TOEFL exams need to be cleared.
- NEET exam is mandatory for students to apply to Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates for Indian Students.
- An HSC graduate or an equivalent degree holder with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects is necessary.
- At least 60% aggregate in PCB & E in 10+2 and 40% for the same if under the category SC/ST/OBC is required.
Admission Process: MBBS in Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates
The following are simple guidelines that students who want to study MBBS in Georgia at Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates must follow:
Step. 01Fill the online application form attached with all the required documents.
Step. 02Upon review and confirmation, the student deposits fees into the university's bank account.
Step. 03Within 30 days, issues an accreditation letter is issued to the applicants by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. After which, a ministry order is sent to the university who sends an invitation letter to the students.
Step. 04After completion of the above procedures, visa approval takes nearly 30 days.
Step. 05After the fee is cleared, the date of departure of applicants is finalized.
Documents Required: MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students at Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates
Find the checklist below to ease the documentation process for your pursual of Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates for MBBS:
- 6 passport size photos
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- School passing/leaving certificate
- Passport with minimum 1-year validity
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate showing absence of HIV infection
Courses offered by Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates: Study in Georgia
Besides MBBS, Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates conducts several other courses pertaining to medical education in Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates.
- Public Health
- Dental Medicine
Student Life: MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students
A holistic self-development is aimed for by Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates accompanying education.
- Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates facilitates extra-curricular activities such as clubs and organizations.
- The student governing councils allows foreign students to take part which is a representative body of the students at Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates.
University Infrastructure: Hostel, Accommodation, and Others in Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates
In a pursuit to study MBBS abroad, students look for top-notch facilities, be it the academic system or accommodations offered. MBBS in Georgia for Indian students at Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates has an admirable infrastructure and more.
- Equipped with laboratories that have new instruments, clinics, modern technologies, etc
- Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates focuses on engaging students in meaningful conversations to build bridges and unleash from boundaries.
- Practical pedagogy is paramount.
Hostel and Accommodation aren’t offered by Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates.
However, Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates provides 40% off on all transportation charges.
Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates: Cost of Living, Tbilisi: Study in Georgia
Living costs are minimal compared to expenditures in other European countries and cities.
|A monthly pass for local transport||₹ 750|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (2 people)||₹ 1400 - ₹ 1500|
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||₹ 20 - ₹ 415|
|One-way ticket of any local transport||₹ 13 to ₹ 15|
|Monthly rent for a 1-bedroom apartment||₹ 14000 -₹ 25,000|
Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some frequently asked questions as per Quora:
No, the university doesn’t have a provision for accommodation to international students.
The MBBS course at the university lasts for 5.8 years.
Yes, an official representative of the university picks you up at the airport upon arrival.
Around 50+ Indian students study at Tbilisi Hippocrates university.
Yes, the university is approved by both the MCI and WHO.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates (in Lari)
1 Lari = Approx. ₹ 23-25/-
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 18-25 Lari
- Loaf of Bread for 2 people: 1.12 Lari
- Water (1.5 liter bottle): 1.22 Lari
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 16-20 Lari
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 10-12 Lari
- Gasoline (1 liter): 2.54 Lari
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 1-8 Lari
- Average public transport expense: 5-10 Lari
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 1.00 Lari
- Utilities Expense (electricity, heating, garbage etc): 120-140 Lari
- Internet Expense: 25-30 Lari
- Laundry detergent: 25-35 Lari
- House Help: 10 Lari
- Monthly Rental, City Center: 2000-4000 Lari
- Monthly Rental, Outskirts: 1000-2000 Lari
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 Lari
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 Lari
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 Lari
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 Lari
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 Lari
- Fast Fashion Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 Lari
- Sports clothing (Nike, Puma etc) : 120-180 Lari
- Shoes and footwear: 150-200 Lari
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Tbilisi Medical University Hippocrates
Restaurant that does only take-aways and is known for its modern twist on Indian food.
Known for its exclusive buffet menu, this Lebanese and Mediterranean restaurant is a heaven for meat lovers in Georgia.
A peppy Bar cum restaurant where you can not only meet students from other colleges but also explore new friendships over Georgian, Lebanese and Indian cuisine.
A well-known, highly reviewed restaurant that caters to take-away and delivery too.
Restaurant that does only take-aways and is known for its modern twist on Indian food.