Tbilisi City- A glimpse
Situated on the banks of the river Kura, the Tbilisi city, formerly known as Tiflis, is the largest city in Georgia and the capital city of Georgia. The population of approximately 1.5 million people is a mix of people with multicultural, ethnic and religious origins.There is abundant rainfall throughout the year. The Tbilisi city has an average annual temperature of 13.5 C.The climate here is mostly humid subtropical with continental influences. The winters here are moderately cold while the summers are warm. There is abundant rainfall throughout the year
Tbilisi Open Teaching University:Important Dates and Timelines 2023-24
In order to secure your admission for the 2023-24 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Commencement of 2023-24 intake cycle||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Commencement of Application||October 2023 & March 2024|
|Call Letter||within the next two three weeks|
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - Must Know Facts 2023
Some important points that the students who want to pursue MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University should ponder upon:
|Last Date for Admission Forms||October 2023 and March 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 3,15,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Georgia
List of colleges in Georgia for Clinical Rotation abroad
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|University Ranking||Country Survey Ranking - 13 World Rating – 3.2 Stars|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
Tbilisi Open Teaching University Fees Structure -MBBS
Students who want to study MBBS in Georgia must take a look at the structure of the Tbilisi Open Teaching University fees given below. It can be observed that the fees are low and thus would be helpful for the students who want to study MBBS in Europe at an affordable rate-
|Annual Course Fee in USD||5000 USD|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||₹ 3,50,000/-|
|Hostel fees per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||30000 USD|
1 USD = ₹ 70
Other overhead one time expenses (Registration charges etc.) can be extra up to ₹ 70,000/- (approximately).
The fee structure of Tbilisi Open Teaching University for Indian Students is provided in INR for their convenience
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - Course Duration
Course duration to study MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University is 5.8 years.
The entire course aims to encompass all theoretical and practical facets that the students will require to excel in the future and learn the medical profession holistically.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University Syllabus
Tbilisi Open Teaching University has a curriculum that is recognised globally and covers all the subject that are necessary to study MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students:
|Histology & Anatomy|
4th - 5th Year (Clinicals)
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
Tbilisi Open Teaching University Medium of Teaching
- Medium of teaching is English
- TOU offers its student the degree ‘Medical Doctor’
- TOU has a learning environment which helps its students to get the right kind of exposure needed in an international learning environment.
- TOU offers faculties in Georgian and English languages which include 18 bachelor’s, Masters & doctoral programs.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University Ranking
As per the uniRank ranking system, the Tbilisi Open Teaching University ranking as per the uniRank system for the MBBS course which has an annual enrollment range of up to 2500-5000 students:
|Country Survey Ranking||World Rating|
Tbilisi Open Teaching University Recognition
The Ministry of Science and Education, Georgia has accredited Tbilisi Open Teaching University for a span of 5 years since 2013.
The university is accredited & recognized by:
- Medical Council of India
- Medical World Health Organization
- Medical FAIMER
- Medical Educational Program Crediton Board
Tbilisi Open Teaching University MBBS - Course Duration
Tbilisi Open Teaching University has an MBBS course which spans 6 years :
- The standard duration for the completion of MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University is 5.8 year
- The 6 years are divided into 2 major parts - 5 years of academics which include paramedical and premedical phases whereas the last one year of the course is dedicated for an internship at the affiliated hospitals.
- Each year at the Tbilisi Open Teaching University carries 60 credits which add up to a total of 360 credits in teaching.
- In order to practice abroad the students can apply for the USMLE after the completion of the 6 years of the TOU university MBBS.
Eligibility Criteria: Tbilisi Open Teaching University
The students who are considering to apply to study MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- To be eligible to get an admission for MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, the age limit for students is a minimum of 17 years old and a maximum of 25 years old, at the time of admission.
- It is mandatory that the candidate is a high school graduate or that he /she possesses an equivalent degree which has the subjects Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English.
- For the general category, it is necessary for the student to obtain 50% of the qualifications with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English in Class 12.
- For the students that belong to the SC/ST/OBC category, a minimum of 40% marks with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English in HSC are a must.
- Clearing both IELTS and TOEFL exams is not mandatory for the applicants so as to secure an admission in Tbilisi Open Teaching university.
- In order to secure an admission in Tbilisi Open Teaching university for Indian students it is not mandatory to clear the NEET exam. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
Admission Process: Tbilisi Open Teaching University
The admission process for the students who want to pursue MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University is as mentioned below:
Step. 01Students need to fill the application form with utmost caution and without any mistakes and submit it along with the copies of documents required for the student visa.
Step. 02Once the application is received by Tbilisi Open Teaching University will arrange a Skype interview and will review the admission requirements being met by the candidate and only after that it will send a conditional offer letter.
Step. 03All the qualified students will receive the conditional offer letter from the university. In order to confirm their admission, the students need to pay the initial tuition fee.
Step. 04The candidates must apply for the visa procedure so as to get the student visa.
Documents Required: Tbilisi Open Teaching University
In order to study MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, the following list of documents is required to be submitted:
- Original Valid Passport (With minimum validity of 2 years).
- Birth Certificate (In English).
- Photos of the candidate.
- An affidavit from the parent/guardian.
- NEET MarkSheet (if opted)
- 11th & 12th Mark sheet and Certificates.
- 10th (SSLC) Mark sheet and Certificates.
- Bank statement of guardian/parent for the last 6 months having a minimum balance of 3.00 Lakhs in their respective accounts.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - Student life
The Tbilisi Open Teaching University provides a student life that helps students have an enriching experience during their course here, which they will remember for a lifetime.
- The TOU provides the students with an opportunity to be a part of a community that helps them learn self-governance, and provides an experience that helps them work on improving their knowledge and character.
- These self governed and motivated students are ready to be global citizens of the future by having worked on their talents and interests during their time at the Tbilisi Open Teaching University.
- Once students joins the university, they become part of a strong residential community based on student self-governance, an experience that builds knowledge, character, and independence.
- There are various student clubs at the University , out of which the students can be a part of any club or be a part of the different events organized by them.
- The different clubs like the literature club, the sports club and the discussion club provide different opportunities in their respective areas to the students.
- The sports club has teams for basketball,volleyball and football that participate in various games at the local, regional and national levels.
- Students who have a flair for writing can be a part of the literature club or participate in the events arranged by it.
- The Discussion club provides opportunities to students to improve their public speaking abilities and to master the art of speaking.
Hostel and accommodation: Tbilisi Open Teaching University
For the students who come to study MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University are provided with the hostel and accommodation facilities based on first come first serve basis:
- The reason to study MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students is made all the more comfortable by the availability of veg and non-veg food at the Indian mess at the university campus.
- At Tbilisi Open Teaching University, separate hostels are provided to boys and girls.
- The hostels are provided with high speed Wi-Fi for the benefit of the students.
- For Indian Students, an Indian warden has been appointed specially.
Tbilisi Open Teaching University: Cost of Living
The students should take a look at these living expenses of Tbilisi city so that they can manage the financial activities accordingly. The costs below are the average shown for the expenses of a month for students come to this city to pursue their medical education at Tbilisi Open Teaching University:
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||₹ 1400-₹ 1500|
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between ₹ 20 - ₹ 415|
|One way ticket of any local transport||₹ 13 to ₹ 15|
|A monthly pass for local transport||₹ 750|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between ₹ 14000-₹ 25,000|
Tbilisi Open Teaching University - Facilities Provided
Students who come from across the globe with a dream to study MBBS at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, are provided the following facilities-
- Science labs are provided to the students
- A cafeteria and an auditorium
- 24 hour wi-fi facility
- Various student clubs are there at the university which help the students to participate in various extracurricular activities
- United Nations Organization (UN)
- The students are provided with a library which has access to the high impact literature and it helps students and the faculty to access and material on and off campus
- The university offers classrooms which are subject-specific that are equipped with the latest teaching technology
- There is state of the art dental clinic and an affiliated hospital at the university
- The university provides conference rooms, simulation labs and workspaces for the benefit of the students
- TOU offers sports and gym facilities to the students
Tbilisi Open Teaching University: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The students applying for a degree abroad have a lot of questions in their mind and we have tried to address some of them below, sourced from Careers 360 and Quora:
The duration of MBBS course at the Tbilisi Open Teaching University is 6 years, 5 years of clinical training and 1 year of internship.
The classes at the Tbilisi Open Teaching university for MBBS commence in October 2023 and March 2023.
It was established in 2002.
The Georgian summers have a max temperature of 35 degrees C while the winters here have a minimum temperature of minus 5 degree C.
The fees for MBBS in Georgia for Indian students are approximately ₹ 3.15 lakhs per annum i.e 4500 USD per annum at the Tbilisi Open Teaching University.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Tbilisi Public University Metekhi (in GEL)
1 GEL = Approx. ₹ 23-25/-
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 20.00 GEL
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 65.00 GEL
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 14.50 GEL
- Cappuccino (regular): 5.37 GEL
- Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle): 2.03 GEL
- Water (0.33 liter bottle): 0.91 GEL
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 0.50 GEL
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 35.00 GEL
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 3.25 GEL
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 1.00 GEL
- Gasoline (1 liter): 2.56 GEL
- Rent for an Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 1,186.50 GEL
- Rent for an Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 708.62 GEL
- Rent for an Apartment(3 bedrooms) in City Centre: 2,349.15 GEL
- Rent for an Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre: 1,464.95 GEL
- Basic (Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage): 223.09 GEL
- 1 min. of Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local (No Discounts or Plans): 0.22 GEL
- Internet (60 Mbps or More, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL): 48.64 GEL
- Generic Medicine Expense: 5-15 GEL
- Private Doctor Consultation: 30-40 GEL
- Roll of Toilet Paper: 0.2 - 0.5 GEL
- Tampons (30 piece a box): 6-7 GEL
- Hygiene and Personal Care Products: 5-15 GEL
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 100-200 GEL
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc) : 120-180 GEL
- Shoes and other footwear: 150-200 GEL
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Great place for Indian food with the best hygiene standards.
Best restaurant to get authentic Indian food with a great ambience and staff.
A place which the students can rely on. It offers takeaway and delivery along with a great dine-in experience.
A cozy place which offers cafe-like feels and the best of Indian fast food.
A great combination of both Indian and Iranian cuisines. It brings out the best of both the worlds.