MBBS in Armed Forces Medical College
Armed Forces Medical College Pune was established in 1948 as a postgraduate institute, bringing together remnants of the Indian Army Medical corps as one unit under Armed Forces medical services. On 4th August 1962, on the same day as Armed Forces Medical College Day, the undergraduate wing of the university was founded.
The institute provides medical, dental, nursing and paramedical training to undergraduate and postgraduate students. There are multiple research avenues available for students as well as in-service training for young minds who wish to serve their country.
The campus is located in Pune, Maharashtra, spread across 119 acres. More than 6500 doctors and 1000 nursing professionals have graduated from Armed Forces Medical College Pune.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Armed Forces Medical College Pune
There are various advantages of pursuing MBBS course in India from Armed Forces Medical College Pune. Some of them are listed below:
- Students who dream of serving in the Indian Army get the opportunity to work as medics and officers in the Indian armed forces.
- Students are eligible for hiring in abroad in lucrative job positions after MBBS in Armed Forces Medical College Pune.
- Medical Cadets are offered Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission on the basis of results announced by the university.
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune organises guest lectures by well-known professionals to provide the best education and exposure to its students.
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune fee is affordable and way less than many other medical institutes in India as well as abroad.
- Medical education at Armed Forces Medical College Pune is conducted in English language. This will hone students’ fluency in the language.
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune world ranking is 5805 and holds NAAC accreditation grade ‘A’.
Pune: “The Most Liveable City in India”
Pune, also known as Poona, is the second largest city in the Indian State of Maharashtra. The city is the second major IT hub of India and has many educational institutes. Pune is the 8th most populous city in India with a population of 7.4 million people.
Pune has a hot and semi-arid climate. Average temperature ranges from 20 to 28 degree Celsius. The city experiences Summer season from March to June, Monsoon rains from June to October and Winter season from November to February.
World ranking and Recognition
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune is recognized by MCI, Ministry of Health Science, NAAC, National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
Important Dates 2021
In order to secure your admission in Armed Forces Medical College Pune for the 2021/2022 admission cycle, it is important to adhere to the following important timelines and dates -
|Commencement of 2021 intake cycle||May, 2021|
|Commencement of Application||Second week of May, 2021|
|Call Letter||within the next three to four weeks|
|Commencement of Admission||July,2021|
|Last Date of Admission||August, 2021|
Must Know Facts 2021
For admission in Armed Forces Medical College Pune MBBS, you need to know the following details MBBS in India 2021:
|Basic Eligibility||60% in PCB for General Category
50% in PCB for Reserved Category
|NEET Entrance Exam||Compulsory|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 6600/Year|
|Course Duration||4.5 Year + 1 Year of Internship|
|Armed Forces Medical College Pune ranking in India||313|
|Armed Forces Medical College Pune world ranking||5805|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|University Recognition||MCI, Maharashtra University of Health Science|
Courses Offered: MBBS in Armed Forces Medical College Pune
- Super Speciality
- PG Diploma
- Para Medical
Armed Forces Medical College Pune Fee Structure 2021
MBBS in abroad and MBBS course in India can be expensive from private institutes. However, MBBS course at Armed Forces Medical College Pune is available at economical costs without any compromise on the quality of education.
Given below is an estimate of Armed Forces Medical College Pune fee for MBBS 2021:
|Particulars||1st Year||2st Year||3st Year||4st Year||5st Year||6st Year||Total|
Fee in USD
|1280 USD||112 USD||112 USD||112 USD||112 USD||112 USD||1840 USD|
|Annual Course Fee
in Indian Rupees
|₹ 76,780/-||₹ 6,735/-||₹ 6,735/-||₹ 6,735/-||₹ 6,735/-||₹ 6,735/-||₹ 1,10,455/-|
* Note: 1 USD = Rs.70
Armed Forces Medical College Pune tuition fee of Rs.6600 and hostel rent of Rs. 550 needs to be paid by foreign students and students listed as Non-service liability.
Armed Forces Medical College Pune fee for 1st year comprises of Tuition fee, Development fee and College deposit for 1st year.
Armed Forces Medical College Pune fee is approximate and subject to change as per fluctuation in exchange rate of the currency.
Armed Forces Medical College Pune Hostel Facilities
A key component of ensuring a focused education is living in a well-maintained accommodation that takes care of your basic needs. Armed Forces Medical College Pune reviews vouch that hostel accommodation of the university does all that.
- The hostel has separate wings for boys and girls.
- Located on campus, the hostel is available for service liability candidates.
- Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is available at the mess for international students pursuing MBBS abroad and Indian students studying MBBS in India 2021.
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune infrastructure has playgrounds, swimming pool, cafeteria, auditorium and mini theatres.
Documents Required by Armed Forces Medical College for MBBS
Armed Forces Medical College Pune admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Migration Certificate
- Gap Certificate (If applicable)
- Nationality Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate (For Reserved Category students)
- Transfer Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate
Eligibility Criteria for Armed Forces Medical College Pune MBBS
Aspiring students need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to study MBBS in India at Armed Forces Medical College Pune:
- A minimum of 60% aggregate in 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for General category students to study MBBS at Armed Forces Medical College Pune.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate in 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for Reserved category students to study MBBS at Armed Forces Medical College Pune.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2021 to pursue MBBS in India.
- The candidate must be unmarried at the time of admission and must remain so throughout the MBBS course.
- Qualifying NEET exam is an Armed Forces Medical College Pune admission requirement.
- International students applying to study MBBS abroad in India should enrol with the intention of settling on India permanently.
Admission Procedure: Armed Forces Medical College Pune for MBBS
Armed Forces Medical College Pune admissions have an easy and smooth process.
Armed Forces Medical College Pune admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Armed Forces Medical College Pune admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on the university’s website and attach scanned copies of required documents for verification as per eligibility criteria.
Step. 02Armed Forces Medical College Pune admission office will inform the selected candidates about further process.
Step. 03Once the candidate gets selected, they need to make payment of complete Armed Forces Medical College Pune Fees to secure admission.
Step. 04Next step in Armed Forces Medical College Pune admissions is receiving information about accommodation and course schedule by the college.
And your aim to study MBBS in India is fulfilled!
FAQs : MBBS course at Armed Forces Medical College Pune
To get enrolled for MBBS in Armed Forces Medical College Pune, students need to clear NEET examination with good marks. After this, students can get admitted for medical education at Armed Forces Medical College Pune if they fulfil rest of the eligibility criteria.
Yes, Armed Forces Medical College Pune is recognized for its MBBS in abroad. After completing MBBS, the student needs to clear the MCI screening test to practice medicine abroad.
Yes, Armed Forces Medical College Pune tuition fee is quite low. Armed Forces Medical College fee structure is manageable as it is cheaper than most Indian medical colleges.
You do not require a particular rank for Army Medical College admission 2021. Admission cut-off varies each year. If you qualify as per the listed cut-off, you sit for the interview.
Yes, it is beneficial to study MBBS at Armed Forces Medical College Pune for Indian students. Armed Forces Medical College fee structure is affordable and ensures good quality of education. Armed Forces Medical College Pune world ranking is 5805 and holds NAAC accreditation grade ‘A’.
A total of 130 students are admitted for MBBS in Armed Forces Medical College Pune. Among them, there are 25 girls and 105 boys.
Application process begins in April-May for Armed Forces Medical College Pune. The admission process concludes in August and selected students are required to pay full Armed Forces Medical College Pune tuition fee to secure their admission.
Yes, international students can apply for admission in MBBS abroad in India at Armed Medical College Pune if they intend to live in India permanently and become a citizen.
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 250 INR
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 300 INR
- Indian Restaurants Meal for two: 1000 INR
- Cappuccino: 130 INR
- Bread for 2 people: 35 INR
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 50 INR
- Average public transport expense (Monthly Pass): 1000 INR
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 50 INR
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 12000-22000 INR
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 8000-15000 INR
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 1500-3000 INR
- Internet Expense: 900-1000 INR
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1500-3000 INR
- Casual Wear (Levis etc): 1200-2500 INR
- Shoes and footwear: 1500-3500 INRli>
5 Restaurants near Armed Forces Medical College Pune
Located just opposite the campus, the restaurant has a wide range of Indian dishes to choose from when you get tired of eating at the cafeteria.
This takeaway place offers good food at student friendly prices.
Marzorin is just the right spot for your weekend brunches and regular coffee plans. The place offers snacks, sandwiches and burgers.
This is definitely your potential everyday hang out spot for tea, snacks and conversation with your friends.
For days you miss homely food, Siddhi’s Desi Kitchen is the place to go. Home-style food available here at best prices.