MBBS in Astana Medical University
Situated in the city Astana of Kazakhstan, Astana Medical University is a popular choice for MBBS course in Kazakhstan. The university was established in 1997 as an academy, with a vision of providing students access to high-technology infrastructure and the best faculty. Astana Medical University fee layout is budget-friendly for students who aspire to become medical professionals.
Many students study at Astana University. The university attracts international students from many countries who wish to study MBBS abroad. Astana Medical University admissions begin in September and July and remain in process through August.
Benefits of MBBS in Astana Medical University
MBBS course at Astana Medical University aims towards a holistic education for budding professional. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Kazakhstan at Astana Medical University.
- MBBS in Astana Medical University is approved by Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organisation (WHO). Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS abroad can earn a valid degree here.
- Astana Medical University tuition fee is affordable and lesser than private medical colleges in India. There is no extra donation or capitation fee chargeable to the students.
- Medical education at Astana Medical University is conducted in English. Indian students need not learn any new language to study MBBS course in Kazakhstan.
- Learned and cooperative faculty at the university makes the MBBS at Astana Medical University fruitful and full of great experiences.
- Astana University has a huge library. Students have study spaces in the library. They can borrow the available resources any time.
- Astana Medical University admission process is smooth and hassle-free.
- Astana Medical University Kazakhstan world rating is – 3 Star. The university’s country ranking is very good as well – 14.
- Astana University is equipped with modern technology and special tools that the students require during the course.
Astana Medical University World rating and Recognition
Not only is Al Farabi Kazakh National University world ranking amongst the best there is, but the university has also been recognized by the elites of the medical world such as:
- MBBS course at Astana Medical University is recognized by WHO, MCI, Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan, UNESCO.
Astana Medical University: Important Dates 2021-22
For Astana Medical University admissions 2021/2022 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates-
|Commencement of 2021-22 intake cycle||September 2021 & February 2022|
|Commencement of Application||September 2021 & February 2022|
|Call Letter||within the next 3-4 weeks|
|Commencement of Admission||September 2021 & February 2022|
Astana Medical University : Must Know Facts 2021-22
To secure Astana Medical University admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2021||September 2021 & February 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45 - 60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Examination||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||3100 USD/ Rs.2,32,000 per year|
|Duration of MBBS Course||6 years (including 1 year of internship)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Astana Medical University Ranking in Kazakhstan||6|
|Astana Medical University World Rating||3 Star|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO, UNESCO|
Faculties offered in Astana Medical University for MBBS
Al Farabi Kazakh National University admission is not only for MBBS, but other medical courses too:
- Internal Medicine
- Public Health
- Preventive Care
Astana Medical University Fee Structure MBBS 2021-22
Astana Medical University fees is economical for Indian students. Astana Medical University provides manageable fee structure for students studying MBBS in Kazakhstan 2021.
Year-wise details of Astana Medical University fees is given below:
|Particulars||Amount in USD||Amount in INR|
|Course Fee (per year)||3100 USD||2,32,000 INR|
|Hostel and Food Charges||700 USD||49,000 INR|
|Total||3800 USD||2,85,000 INR|
- 1$ = Rs.74.93
- One-time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- Astana Medical University annual tuition fee and hostel charges are given above.
- Astana Medical University MBBS fees mentioned is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Astana Medical University Hostel and Accomodation
Astana Medical University hostel facilities are available for all students, including international students who come to Kazakhstan for MBBS in abroad. Ease accommodation makes the choice to study MBBS at Astana Medical University for Indian students a good one.
- Astana Medical University reviews confirm that the hostel premises have fully furnished rooms with basic facilities like beds, couches, dining area, fans, oven, cupboards, laundry room, kitchen area, cafeteria etc.
- The hostel has centralized heating for cold days.
- The hostel mess provides healthy meals all day for students.
- The hostel premises are under 24x7 CCTV surveillance.
- 24x7 Wi-Fi connectivity is available for students.
- Boys and girls have separate wings for accommodation.
Astana Medical University MBBS Syllabus
Astana University offers a well-rounded syllabus for aspiring medical professionals. Medical education at Astana Medical University aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Astana Medical University for MBBS:
|First Year||Second Year|
|Third Year||Fourth Year to Sixth Year|
|Pathology||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings|
|Path Physiology||Internal Medicine|
|Primary Care Medicine|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
Astana Medical University admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs (10)
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- Passport (minimum 18 months validity)
- Student Visa
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard (If Opted)
- Bank Receipt after payment of fee
- Medical Certificate stamped by a doctor
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Astana Medical University
To secure admission in Astana Medical University, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Student must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to study MBBS at Astana Medical University for General Category students.
- Student must secure a minimum aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to study MBBS at Astana Medical University for Reserved Category students.
- Astana Medical University admission requirement is to clear NEET examination.
- Possessing a valid passport is necessary to study MBBS at Astana Medical University for Indian students.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on the date of admission.
Astana Medical University : The Admission Process
Astana Medical University admissions have an easy and smooth process. Astana Medical University admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Astana Medical University admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available online on the university website.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities.
Step. 03Astana Medical University admission office will issue a provisional admission letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04After receiving the admission letter, the student must pay the tuition fee for first year.
Step. 05Now the student should apply for student visa, get it stamped by the embassy and inform the university of your arrival date and time in Kazakhstan.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
FAQ – MBBS in Astana Medical University
Students who study MBBS in Kazakhstan at Astana Medical University are introduced to a holistic education that helps them in their careers. The university is recognized by MCI and WHO. Astana Medical University world rating is 3 Star. Astana Medical University fee for MBBS is affordable for Indian students. Astana Medical University admissions begin in September 2021 & February 2022
Astana Medical University tuition fee is quite affordable. In fact, it is less than many private Indian medical colleges. Annual hostel charges after Astana Medical University admission in MBBS are 700 USD, Rs.52,451 (1 USD= 74.93 INR).
Students who wish to study MBBS abroad in Kazakhstan need to apply for student visa. During the application process, students will be asked to submit necessary documents in the Embassy to receive student visa for education in Kazakhstan.
Yes, the campus takes its security very seriously. There is 24x7 CCTV surveillance for students on the campus as well as hostels.
No, it is not mandatory to secure admission in Astana Medical University. However, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
Astana, Kazakhstan is an urban city with well-developed transport system. The city enjoys the title of the largest metropolitan in Central Asia. Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, Atameken, Nur-Astana, Bayterek, Hazrat Sultan Mosque are few of many tourist attractions located here.
Astana is the second coldest national capital in the world. The city experiences an extreme continental climate with warm summers and extremely cold winters. The city experiences hot summers and cold winters. In winters, the temperature can drop as low as minus 30 degree Celsius.
Average Spending in Astana, Kazakhstan during MBBS Abroad
1 Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT) = Approx. INR 0.17/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 1500-4000 KZT
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 1500-2000 KZT
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 7000-20000 KZT
- Cappuccino: 500-1500 KZT
- Bread for 2 people: 90-250 KZT
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 200-300 KZT
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 5000-9000 KZT
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 500-700 KZT
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 100000-180000 KZT
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 70000-120000 KZT
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 13000-26000 KZT
- Internet Expense: 4000-7000 KZT
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 8000-25000 KZT
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 10000-50000 KZT
- Shoes and footwear: 20000-60000 KZT
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Astana
The place serves Indian and British food with vegetarian options for its customers. Perfect place for a lavish lunch and dinner.
Koktem is a great place for meeting, hang out with friends and just any occasion that demands a quaint place with scrumptious snacks. The place serves Indian, International food and a range of quick bites.
For days when you miss Indian food, you can grab a meal at The India Gate. The restaurant has Indian food for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
Capital Music and Pub serves Indian, European and Middle-Eastern cuisine in a beautifully decorated restaurant. This is the place for your fancy dinners with friends after the exams are over.
The café offers Indian, Asian and Thai cuisine for days you want to try something new.