MBBS in Kokshetau State University
Renamed after the versatile personality Sh. Ualikhanov, one of the greatest Kaakh scientist, traveller, translator, ethnographer and historian, the Sh. Ualikhanov Kokshetau State University is one of the premier educational institutes in Kazakhstan which has 7000 medical students in the medical faculty which consists of 1000 international students.
Since its inception in 1962, the university has always been an attractive destination for students who want to study MBBS abroad. It offers a wide variety of courses like bachelor’s degree (65 specializations), master’s degree ( 30 specializations) and 6 specializations in doctoral degree in the field of general medicine and natural sciences.
Being a NAAR accredited university, it provides great opportunities to its students and has a balance of theoretical and practical knowledge at affordable fees.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Kokshetau State University
Studying MBBS in Kokshetau State University has the following advantages:
- The Kokshetau State University world ranking is high and it is one of the top 33 colleges in Kazakhstan.
- The Kokshetau State University world ranking is maintained at such a high place because of the international curriculum that it provides through the co-operation with various national and foreign universities which allows its students to participate in exchange programs with foreign students.
- It is very beneficial to study MBBS at Kokshetau State University for Indian Students because trained Indian teachers train these students for MCI tests.
- The medical education at Kokshetau State University is made more accessible to the orphan students in need of financial support through the provision of sponsorship programs.
- Students from foreign countries who come to study MBBS abroad at the KSU feel very homely at the university due to the exposure to various cultures and the healthy atmosphere in between these cultures.
Kokshetau City - A Glimpse
The city name ‘Kokshetau’ literally means sky coloured mountains and is aptly named so based on the mountains that surround the city. These mountains along with the beautiful lakes and forests enhance the beauty of this city which is located at the southern edge of Ishim Steppe of Kazakhstan. Established in 1824, this city has gained importance and has become the main junction of the Trans-Kazakhstan and Middle Siberian railways.
With dry and hot summers and snowy winters, this city has a continental climate.
KSU - Student Life
Students who want to pursue the MBBS course in Kazakhstan at the KSU should know the following aspects of the student life that enhances their overall learning experience-
- Out of the 7000 students in the medical faculty, 1000 are international students who have come to study MBBS in abroad. Such a huge number of international students provides diversity and helps the students to get acquainted with various cultures resulting in their overall growth.
- This course provides the students to participate in various international conferences, seminars and other activities.
- The students, while pursuing their MBBS in abroad at KSU, can participate in various activities like sports ,debating clubs etc by being a part of the student council.
- For overall personality development along with the successful completion of the MBBS course in Kazakhstan, the university has various facilities like the youth club, the music club, the medical center and a youth branch named ‘zhas otan’.
- The MBBS in Kazakhstan is made comfortable by providing security for students 24x7.
Mbbs in Kazakhstan 2024-25 : Cost of Living at Kokshetau City
Kokshetau State University Ranking
As per UniRank (4icu), the Kokshetau State University world ranking and country ranking is as follows:
MBBS in Kokshetau State University: Recognition and Accreditation
Kokshetau State University Kazakhstan world ranking is a reflection of the recognitions that the University has been granted with:
- The Republic of Kazakhstan's Ministry of Education and Science
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India
- USMLE and PLAB
- Medical and Dental Council of Pakistan
- Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
Kokshetau State University admissions: Important dates
For Vitebsk State Medical University admissions 2024-25 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates-
|Application Start Date
|September 2024 & February 2025
|Admission Start Date
|September 2024 & February 2025
|Within 1 Month
Kokshetau State University for MBBS - Must Know Facts 2024-25
Some important points that the students who want to pursue MBBS in Kokshetau State University should ponder upon:
|10+2 with 50%
|No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
|Rs. 2.56 Lakhs/Year
|5 + 1 year internship
|Kokshetau State University ranking Ranking
|Country - 11
World Rating - 1.7 Star
|MCI and WHO approved.
|Medium of Education
Kokshetau State University Admission : Tests Conducted
- Unified National Testing (UNT)
- Complex Testing of Applicants (CTA)
Kokshetau State University Fee Structure 2024-25
Students who want to study MBBS in Kazakhstan must take a look at the structure of the Kokshetau State University fees given below. The breakup below shows the Kokshetau State University tuition fee and the total Kokshetau State University annual tuition fees
The structure for Kokshetau State University fees for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Kokshetau State University tuition fee
|Medical + Insurance + Registration Fee
|Kokshetau State University fees (USD)
|Kokshetau State University fees in Indian Rupees
Note : $1 = Rs.74.93 (It may vary)
Kokshetau State University fees are mentioned in INR for the benefit of Indian students.
The Kokshetau State University tuition fee & hostel fees may increase every year.
The visa, application and flight tickets will be separate from the Kokshetau State University Kazakhstan fees and may range in Rs.80,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- (or more approximately).
Kokshetau State University Hostel
The hostel and accommodation conditions are a very integral part of the life of students who want to pursue courses like these and want to pursue MBBS abroad. The KSU offers following hostel facilities -
- The admissions to the dormitories start from the month of August.
- The guidelines and rules of the university decide the accommodation quotas and allocation of the rooms.
- The application for getting accommodation needs to be submitted to the dean’s office in the given timeline.
- The student must pay the hostel fees for 10 months (September - July) in advance.
- The University waves off fees of orphan students.
- The hostels provide cafeteria, reading room, wifi, mess gym and a sports complex to its students.
- The university has 5 dormitories which have different accommodation capacities.
These 5 dormitories are as follows-
|Name of The Building
|Number of Seats
st. Temirbekova , 30a
|House of students №1
|House of students №2
st. Jambula, 146
|Dormitory number 1
st. Sadvakasova, 47
|House of students №3
st. Akana-sere, 24
KSU MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus at Kokshetau State University for the students who want to study MBBS in Kazakhstan, is as follows:
|Anatomy & Histology
|Physiology Cell Biology
4th -6th Year
|General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care Medicine, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology, and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology
Kokshetau State University MBBS - Documents Required
Kokshetau State University for MBBS requires the following list of documents to be submitted:
- Application Form
- Health Certificate
- Original copy of certificate of the UNT or CTA tests
- 6 passport size photos
- Invitation letter (translated in Kazakh or Russian language)
- High school academic transcripts
- High school graduation certificate
- Copy of valid passport
Medical Education at Kokshetau State University - Faculties Offered:
Kokshetau State University Kazakhstan world ranking is a reflection of the quality of the education offered in the fields of -
- General Medicine
- Public Health
Kokshetau State University Admission Requirements: Eligibility Criteria
The Kokshetau State University admission office states the following eligibility criteria for the students who want to study MBBS at Kokshetau State University:
- Kokshetau State University admissions proceed only when the student provides proof of having secured a minimum score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the general category in 12th std.
- Kokshetau State University admissions proceed only when the student provides proof of having secured a minimum score of 40% in 12th std in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for students from other than the general category.
- The Kokshetau State University admission office has stated that the students applying for the mbbs course at Kokshetau State University must have a valid score in NEET exam.
- The Kokshetau State University admissions are open to only those candidates aged 17 or more as of 31st december.
- Kokshetau State University admission requirements state that the students must have qualified for the NEET-UG examination.
Kokshetau State University Admission : Steps for Enrolment for International Students
- Documents Submission
- Signing agreements
- Provision of medical documents
- Registration in the migration office
Kokshetau State University Admissions : The Admission Process
In order to secure an admission for MBBS in Kokshetau State University, the candidate must follow the below process :
Step. 01The admission in Kokshetau State University for international students proceeds based on the results of the tests and the interviews carried out by the admission committee of the college.
Step. 02For the students from countries seeking admission in Kokshetau State University, after the assessments are done, it is necessary to send a copy of passport with the various details like place of birth, citizenship, etc through an email.
Step. 03The university will issue an invitation letter to the student and post that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan will issue a Visa to the student.
Step. 04Students wanting to study MBBS at Kokshetau State University must then submit documents that have a notarized translation into Kazakh and Russian language. Later the certification of translation is carried out at the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Step. 05Kokshetau State University Kazakhstan admission is granted to those students who qualify the eligibility tests and fulfil all the eligibility requirements.
Step. 06The final list of the students who have been granted admission for the MBBS course at Kokshetau State University is published.
Kokshetau State University Reviews - Some FAQs for you
Here are a few questions from Quora and Careers360 that popped up frequently about Kokshetau State University review:
Yes, specially trained teachers provide training for MCI tests, which makes it the right choice to study mbbs at Kokshetau State University for Indian Students.
The Kokshetau State University mbbs fees range in between 3.71 to 4.34 lakhs INR per year.
The Kokshetau State University Kazakhstan address is -Kokshetau 020000, Kazakhstan.
September 2024 & February 2025 is the last month of application for KSU.
The international medical university Kazakhstan fee structure is such that it includes hostel and mess fees in the annual fees mentioned.
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students in Kokshetau who are seeking to pursue mbbs abroad by the virtue of Kokshetau State University admission -
Simple food simple ambience yet a great experience is what this place is known for.
If you have a large company, this place is the right choice for food gatherings.
Great food and ambience is the usp of this place.
A restaurant for people who like good ambience.