MBBS in Semey State Medical University
Previously known as Semipalatinsk State Medical institute, Semey State Medical University was established in 1953 and is known to be one of the largest and best medical universities in Kazakhstan to study MBBS at Semey State Medical University for Indian Students.
The university has diversified into several faculties beyond pure medicine, such as Pediatrics, Stomatology, Medico Prophylactic, Pharmaceutical, and general medicine since the University’s inception. The courses are taken up by students from all over the world and are of 3500 in number taught by 450 staff members.
Due to the University’s legendary existence and growth, it has made significant contributions to the medical industry and health support nationally as well as internationally and the potential is only being realised as conferences and events build Semey State Medical University’s network globally.
Internships give precise and practical application of all the course work curated for students who want to study MBBS in Kazakhstan.
Why study MBBS at Semey State Medical University 2022-23?
Semey State Medical University admissions are usually jampacked due to the several benefits availed by students who for pursuing an MBBS in Semey State Medical University:
- WHO and MCI recognise this MBBS in abroad.
- Semey State Medical University fees structure is exceptionally low for the quality and exposure provided to students.
- English is the medium of instruction.
- Practical knowledge is given prominence over theoretical academia.
- Semipalatinsk experiences pleasant and stable weather all year.
- Permanent residency in Kazakhstan is an available option for interested students after completing their MBBS course in Kazakhstan.
Living in Semey
Known as 'Semipalatins', and now Semey, is located on the banks of the Irtysh river. It covers an area of 27,500 km which makes it the second-largest city in Kazakhstan. This city is an important connection between Russia and Southern Kazakhstan as has a railway station that does so. Semey has an airport and a river port.
Semey is rich with history and culture and preserves the same which have now become tourist attractions.
The Semey climate is extreme and one must be ready for scorching summers and winter: between -45 degrees in Winter to +45 degrees in Summer.
Semey State Medical University – Address
Semey State Medical University Kazakhstan address is as follows:
Abai street 103, Semey 071400, Kazakhstan
Facilities at Semey State Medical University
Study MBBS abroad in the university as they make sure the in-campus environment conducive for foreign students academically and otherwise.
- Active participation in sports activities, art performances, debates, science forums, and other extracurricular activities
- The seminars, conferences, presentations, and group discussions held in the university
- Guest lectures for current industry knowledge and information.
Semey State Medical University Ranking 2022-23
4icu.org or UniRank has the following is Semey State Medical University world ranking:
Semey State Medical University: Important Dates and Timelines 2022-23
To study MBBS at Semey State Medical University for Indian students, the following are the dates are essential and must be marked to for enrolling into an MBBS course in Kazakhstan-
|Commencement of 2022-23 intake cycle||September, 2022 & February 2023|
|Last Date of Application||September, 2022 & February 2023|
|Invitation Letter||Within two weeks|
|Commencement of Admission||September, 2022 & February 2023|
Semey State Medical University - Must Know Facts 2022-23
MBBS in abroad can be achieved if the following aligns with the student’s needs:
|Basic Eligibility||HSC or equivalent with 50%|
|NEET Entrance Test||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Last Date to Apply||October, 2020|
|Course Fee||Rs.1.31 lakhs/year|
|Course Duration||6 years (Including 1-year internship)|
|Universities Recognition||MCI and WHO approved|
|University Ranking||Country Rank - 4
World Rating – 3 Star
MBBS in Semey State Medical University Fee Structure 2022-23
The Semey State Medical University fees provide value and quality for aspiring students. Following is the Semey State Medical University annual tuition fees:
|Fees||1st Year||2nd Year to 5th Year|
|Tuition Fee||3700 USD
|Hostel Fee||600 USD
|Visa Extension||300 USD
| Doc Translation, Notarization, Invitation,
Airport Pickup etc. Accreditation
|Yearly Total||4850 USD
|Grand Total||23,250 USD
Note: The Semey State Medical University fees are subject to charge. Please contact the institute for further/accurate information.
Semey State Medical University : Hostel and Accommodation Facility
A comfortable abode is provided to students. Semey State Medical University hostel is one of the best.
The hostel building is 200 m away from the campus, a 15-minute walk for a student.
- Recreational areas, laundry, and sports arena
- Variety in nationalities
- CCTV cameras
- Well-furnished and equipped hostels rooms
- 24-hour gas and electricity supply, hot and cold water, etc.
- A spacious library for research and study purposes
- A hygienic cafe
- Sports activities like cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, etc
- A fixed mess menu for all meals
- Emergency doctors and warden in just a call away
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Attached bathrooms
Semey State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The medical education in Semey State Medical University has been bifurcated into the following syllabi:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th -6th Year
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology.|
Semey State Medical University - Documents Required
Semey State Medical University admission requirements are as follows:
- Online application form with accurate details and scanned copies
- 10 and 12th mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- Valid Passport
- Passport size photographs
- Medical certificate
- Caste certificate
- Identity cards: Pan card/ Aadhaar card
- COVID-19 reports
- NEET examination results (If Opted)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Invitation letter
Eligibility Criteria by Semey State Medical University for MBBS
Semey State Medical University admissions eligibility criteria are the following:
- Minimum age of 17 years on or before 31st December of 2022-23
- 50% of scores in all subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in HSC or equivalent examinations
- An aggregate 45% for reserved and others require 50% in PCB Subjects
- NEET exams are not mandatory for Semey State Medical University. However, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- A valid passport
Admission Process for MBBS in Semey State Medical University: Step by Step guide
Admission in Semey State Medical University for the medicine program at Semey State Medical University is a simple process:
Step. 01Online application form from the official website of Semey State Medical University must be filled
Step. 02Upload requested scanned documents, pay the application form fee, and submit the online form
Step. 03The offer letter is generated after eligibility screening.
Step. 04After which, documentation verification is done before the university sends the offer letter.
Step. 05The first-year tuition fee is to pay for the MBBS in Semey State Medical University.
Step. 06Then, on admission confirmation, a visa can be applied for.
Semey State Medical University – Important FAQs
Following are some questions asked frequently by aspiring students:
No, the course includes the 1-year internship that is to be done in Kazakhstan.
Yes, there is an influx from several countries due to the quality and value of education given in the university.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 5,000.00 ₸5,000.00-5,000.00
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 10,000.00 ₸10,000.00-10,000.00
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 1,500.00 ₸1,500.00-2,200.00
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 98.41 ₸50.00-200.00
- Rice (white), (1kg): 410.92 ₸396.83-500.00
- Eggs (regular) (12): 332.00 ₸240.00-396.00
- Local Cheese (1kg): 1,717.29 ₸1,234.59-2,500.00
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 80.00 ₸
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 5,000.00 ₸
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 300.00 ₸300.00-500.00
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 341.75 ₸300.00-500.00
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 60,000.00 ₸
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 50,000.00 ₸
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre: 100,000.00 ₸
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar): 11,333.33 ₸4,500.00-18,000.00
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...): 10,000.00 ₸5,000.00-20,000.00
- 1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range): 16,000.00 ₸16,000.00-25,000.00
Top 3 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Semey State Medical University
TA local and inexpensive joint to take a brief portal into India
A contemporary Indian restaurant
As the name suggests, Indian is only one part of the varied kinds of food a student gets here