MBBS in New Zealand
The quality of life for students and professionals in New Zealand is well known and thus it is an ideal choice to study MBBS in New Zealand for any student. MBBS Colleges in New Zealand follow the curriculum and the educational methods approved by the National Medical Commission.
Many international students are attracted by the quality of education the Universities in New Zealand provide by the usage of modern technology and advanced curriculum coupled with a very comfortable and peaceful learning environment.
The MBBS in New Zealand provides many opportunities for research programs that help students to participate in various exchange programs, thus opening up countless avenues for their career choices.
MBBS in New Zealand - Must Know Facts 2023
Some important points that the students who want to pursue MBBS in New Zealand should ponder upon:
|Degree Awarded||MBChB (MBBS)|
|Annual Tuition Fees||INR 20-25 LPA|
|Language of Teaching||English Language|
|Course Duration||6 years|
New Zealand university admission process
The admission process for the students who want to study MBBS in New Zealand is as mentioned below. The process for any college of New Zealand admission is based on round counselling and academic progress of the candidate.
Step. 01Students need to fill the application form with utmost caution and without any mistakes and submit it.
Step. 02Pay MBBS New Zealand enrolment fees and get the receipt.
Step. 03MBBS New Zealand application process will now begin and it may take upto 20 days.
Step. 04The candidates who are selected for the MBBS New Zealand admission will receive an invitation letter. The candidate must accept this letter and pay half of the tuition fees of the mbbs college in New Zealand to which they have applied.
Step. 05The candidate must apply for Visa and inform the college about the same, thus taking the final step to pursue the aim to study in New Zealand.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in New Zealand-
Students looking forward to study MBBS abroad should definitely consider studying MBBS in New Zealand owing to the following benefits that the MBBS in New Zealand offers-
- New Zealand Medical Education uses modern methods and technologies so as to impart the best quality of education to the students.
- The MBBS degree from New Zealand is globally accepted.
- The MBBS course in New Zealand that is regulated by the Government.
- The safe and peaceful environment offered by the universities in New Zealand make it comfortable to study MBBS in New Zealand for Indian students.
- The MBBS New Zealand degree is accepted throughout the world.
- The peaceful environment along with very low crime rates make it a safe destination for international students who want to pursue MBBS abroad.
- The MBBS New Zealand degree requires minimum documentation and hence makes it simple.
- The medium of teaching is English and thus it makes it convenient to study MBBS in New Zealand for Indian students.
- Factors like the availability of research-oriented projects, focused teaching with attention given to the individuals, and practical approach towards education make it like a dream come true for any medical student to study MBBS in New Zealand.
Mbbs in New Zealand Eligibility Criteria
The students who are considering to apply to study MBBS in New Zealand 2023-24, must fulfil the following eligibility criteria :
- To be eligible to get an mbbs admission in New Zealand, the age limit for students is a minimum of 17 years old on the 31st December of the admission year.
- For any Indian student New Zealand has set the criteria saying that it is important to qualify NEET by securing the qualifying marks in the NEET UG exam. Thus MBBS in New Zealand Without Neet is not possible.
- The mbbs admission in New Zealand requires the candidate to have passed 10+2 or have a bachelor’s degree in the field of science.
- To be eligible for an mbbs admission in New Zealand, the candidate must clear the English language proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL.
- To be eligible for an mbbs admission in New Zealand, the candidate must clear the UCAT test.
MBBS in New Zealand : Syllabus
Most of the Best Medical Colleges in New Zealand have the following subjects covered as a part of the syllabus :
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Fundamentals of Psychology||Human Anatomy|
|Elective Courses||Emergency Medicine|
|3rd Year||4th Year|
|Pathomorphology||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|5th Year||6th Year|
|Social Medicine||Elective courses|
New Zealand medical college ranking
New Zealandian state medical university mbbs in New Zealand ranking is as follows -
|Name Of The University||World Rank||Country Rank|
|University of Auckland||137||1|
|University of Otago||416||3|
MBBS in New Zealand : Careers post education
After completing MBBS from public or private Colleges in New Zealand, there is a wide range of opportunities open for the students. The salaries that they earn, are a good return on the MBBS in New Zealand fees.
|Job Positions||Annual Salary (approx)|
|Medical Practitioner||INR 70 lakhs|
|General Physician||INR 65 lakhs|
|Psychiatrist||INR 60 lakhs|
|Ophthalmologist||INR 60 lakhs|
If the students complete medical education from the best medical college in New Zealand, then the salaries are on the higher end. The reputation of the best MBBS college in New Zealand is what helps the student get a good run for their investment in the education and thus a student must aim for such colleges while preparing for the application.
MBBS in New Zealand Fees Structure
Students who want to study MBBS in New Zealand must take a look at the structure of the MBBS in New Zealand fees given below. It can be observed that the fees are low and thus would be helpful for the students who want to study Medical in New Zealand at an affordable rate-
|Name of the
|Tuition Fees (approx)||Application
|NMC Status||Application Deadline|
|University of Auckland||INR 37,97,817||INR 4,175||-||December|
|University of Otago||INR 17,29,566||NA||Approved||September|
The MBBS in New Zealand fees in Indian Rupees are provided to help the students aiming to study MBBS in New Zealand.
MBBS in New Zealand : Scholarships offered
The cost of mbbs in New Zealand is reduced for foreign students by the virtue of various scholarships offered by the colleges so as to help the students with the MBBS in New Zealand fees.
The various scholarships offered by the top medical college in New Zealand-
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility||Stipend Provided Per Annum|
|University Of Auckland- International Student Scholarship||Graduate Entry Students||Up to INR 35 lakhs|
|New Zealand Excellence Award||High academic scores of the applicant||INR 8,84,035|
|University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship||Full-time students at the university||INR 4,91,130|
|TWJ Johnson Scholarship in Clinical Medicine||Must have completed an MBBS degree at the University of Auckland. Required GPA=7.0||INR 2,94,678|
These scholarships can help the students who have taken education loan for mbbs in New Zealand by providing the much needed financial aid.
Mbbs in New Zealand - FAQs
Yes the degree is considered to be valid in India.
It generally takes 4- 5 weeks.
No. A valid NEET score is required for a student to be eligible for an admission for MBBS in New Zealand.
The MBBS in New Zealand fee is about 20-25 lakhs per year.
New Zealand - A glimpse
New Zealand is a country blessed by nature with beautiful beaches, rivers, mountains, reefs, active volcanic zones and so on and so forth. The country has a mixture of cultures and thus new foreign cultures are always welcomed in here. The Maori and the European cultures have mixed up and created a beautiful environment for the international students.
Beautiful historic sites and natural sites to visit make it a country where one can visit various places throughout the tenure of education here.
The summer temperatures here keep the atmosphere warm while the winters are cold. The weather is very unpredictable here.
MBBS study in New Zealand : Documents required
The following is the list of documents to be submitted by the candidate for studying Md in New Zealand (same documents are to be submitted for MBBS courses too) -
- NEET Score Card
- Passport Size Photographs
- IELTS scorecard
- Personal statement
- UMAT Scorecard
- School leaving certificate
- Covid-19 Test Reports
- Copy of Mark Sheets
- Proof of Nationality
- Bank statement
- Record of physical medical check-up
Duration of MBBS and Md in New Zealand -
All the mci approved medical colleges in New Zealand have an MBBS course of 6 years which includes -
- The main course is of 5 years and there is an internship for 1 year which is to be completed by every student.
- All the best universities in New Zealand have an advanced training program which is conducted during the course itself.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant 19.89 NZ$
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course 100.00 NZ$
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal) 12.00 NZ$
- Milk (regular), (1 liter) 2.62 NZ$
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 2.55 NZ$
- Rice (white), (1kg) 2.98 NZ$
- Eggs (regular) (12) 5.45 NZ$
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport) 3.50 NZ$
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price) 156.20 NZ$
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff) 3.50 NZ$
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff) 3.00 NZ$
- Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff) 60.00 NZ$
- Gasoline (1 liter) 2.13 NZ$
Rent Per Month
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre 1,594.30 NZ$
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre 1,257.71 NZ$
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre 2,588.80 NZ$
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre 2,108.32 NZ$