AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: Student Life
Students consider Bicol Christian College of Medicine for admissions because of the ease and joy of life in the city of Legazpi and the college.
- AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine has state of the art infrastructure with all the amenities for a comfortable student life.
- AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine faculty is experienced with a well-stocked library of over 30,000 books and volumes on a range of subjects benefitting students.
- Apart from academics, students also have access to hordes of sports and recreations like Badminton, Volleyball, Basketball, Theatre, Swimming, AV Centre, etc.
- Pursuing MBBS abroad seems challenging but the dormitories at the university along with wardens who help and guide the students at every step make the experience hassle-free with an environment conducive to learning.
- With round-the-clock CCTV surveillance and above par standard of living, there’s really no reason to fret.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine Ranking 2023-24
One of the many reasons why students opt to study in AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine is because of the valuable ranking it has gained over the years. The Bicol Christian College of Medicine world ranking and country ranking is as follows:
About AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: Important Dates and Timelines 2023-24
Taking admission in Bicol Christian College of Medicine requires you to keep in mind the following dates and timelines during the admission process:
|Commencement of the 2023-24 Admissions Cycle||August 2023|
|Commencement of Application||August 2023|
|Invitation Call Letter||Within two three weeks|
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: Must Know Facts 2023-24
If you want to study MBBS at Bicol Christian College of Medicine, these are the significant facts you must know:
Intake for MBBS Course at
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine
ranking in Philippines
|AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Philippines
List of colleges in Philippines for Clinical Rotation abroad
Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Only these are the Medical Colleges whose students have reported allowed for Clinical Rotations Abroad.
|University Recognition||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
Bicol Christian College Of Medicine Fees Structure 2023-24
With an immense quality of education and exposure for students and associations with many important bodies, Bicol Christian College of Medicine’s annual tuition fees is really affordable and at par with other colleges. The Bicol Christian College of Medicine fees break-up year-wise and facilities wise is given below:
|Year||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 5800||$ 3000||$ 3000||$ 3500||$ 4000|
Update for 2023 not available
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||19300 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 13,51,000/-|
1 INR = 0.65 Philippine Peso
One-time registration expenses, food costs, etc. could be additional up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
The aforementioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Compulsory Clinical Rotation in Philippines - NO option to do Clinical Abroad.
We don’t recommend this college as numerous problems have been reported as it’s located in Rural Area; we recommend students to go to Mega City like Cebu or Manila.
This colleges are NOT recommended for Foreign Student.
List of Colleges in Philippines Approve Clinicals Rotation AbroadNote: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Compare BICOL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE Fees Structure with other Top Colleges in Philippines
Get the Lowest Fees Quote for you we don’t do commissioning. Enquire Now
Hostel and Accommodation
If you are not able to find a decent accommodation in the city, AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine also offers comfortable and convenient stay options:
- The academic life at AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine has dormitories for both local and international students.
- Present at the university campus, the rooms available here are properly furnished, pleasantly ventilated, and has lots of room.
- Personality building and student interactions are appreciated here with recreation centres to socialize and relax after a long day.
- Should you have any problems, the dormitories-in-charge will assist you.
- AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine has systematically formulated safety and security policies for students, teachers, and staff.
- The hostel comes with a Mess with proper and hygienic dining facilities for all students.
Thus, pursuing MBBS in abroad becomes easy with such well put facilities.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: The Syllabus
Studying MBBS at AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine for Indian students might be a difficult choice with regards to the quantum and the quality of courses and the teaching. Looking at the subjects in each year below, you might be able to make a decision:
|Preventive medicine & community health|
|Principle of Medical Practice|
|Pharmacology and Microbiology|
|Parapsychology and Clinical pathology|
|Principle of Medical practice|
|Preventive Medicine and community Health|
|Surgery and Psychiatry|
|Obstetrics and Paediatrics|
|Preventive Medicine and Community Health|
|Surgery and Paediatrics|
|Obstetrics and Pharmacology|
|Paediatrics and Surgery|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Psychiatry and Radiology|
|Preventive medicine & Community health|
Thus, Bicol Christian College of Medicine admissions are easily preferred by Indian students for the opportunities it provides in terms of learning new courses.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: Documents Required
To pursue MBBS in Bicol Christian College of Medicine, you need to furnish the following documents:
- Your Passport with an 18 months minimum validity.
- Your Birth Certificate.
- Your passport size Photographs X 10 Nos.
- Grade 10th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate.
- Grade 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate.
- The official invitation letter sent by the university.
- All of your documents must be authorized by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- The embassy must legislate all your documents.
- You need to pay the Visa fees.
- The bank receipt of the tuition fees paid for the 1st year of the college.
- An HIV tested document with a negative result.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: Course Duration
The MBBS course at Bicol Christian College of Medicine is constituted of total 5.5 years with a year of internship. The detailed split is shown below:
- The medical education at Bicol Christian College of Medicine begins with a 16-month long pre-medical studies.
- That is followed by a four-year MD programme.
- Lastly, MBBS in Bicol Christian College of Medicine ends with a one-year internship in the fifth and final year of the course.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: The Eligibility Criteria
To study MBBS at Bicol Christian College of Medicine, you need to fulfil the below mentioned points:
- Your 10+2 must have a minimum of 50 % aggregated in the courses of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Apart from passing in all the subjects in 10+2, the aspirant must also have English compulsorily as a subject.
- The aspirant need not take any entrance examination like IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT etc. for eligibility.
Bicol Christian College Of Medicine Admission Requirements: The Procedure
Similar to other colleges, Bicol Christian College of Medicine admission requirements are easy to fulfil. The step-by-step process is as follows:
Step. 01Bicol Christian College of Medicine admission office states that the application form needs to be filled accurately.
Step. 02After the form, you need to ensure that you enclose the following documents with it.
- The scanned copy of your higher secondary or tertiary education marksheet
- The score sheet of the NEET examination (if opted)
- The scanned copy of your Passport
Step. 03Once all the procedures are done and the eligibility criteria met, the college issues a provisional admission letter upon request.
Step. 04Next, the college emails your visa invitation to you.
Step. 05Lastly, you need to ensure that you get your visa stamped by the embassy.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine Recognition And Accreditations:
Apart from Bicol Christian College of Medicine, Philippines, world ranking, it has the following esteemed recognitions and accreditations to its name:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health organisation (WHO)
- Commission on Higher Education of Philippines (CHED)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: The Medium Of Teaching
English is the primary medium of instruction and teaching at the Bicol Christian College of Medicine and thus, admissions there are internationally accepted. You won’t face any problem even during the admission process while you’re at home because the Bicol Christian College of Medicine admission office operates in the English language, too!
MBBS in Bicol Christian College Of Medicine: Faculties & Courses Offered
You could definitely consider Bicol Christian College of Medicine for MBBS because it offers a variety of distinguished courses that might interest you. The college offers the most uniquely designed MBBS course in Philippines. The faculties are;
- Laboratory Techniques
These courses along with an excellently combined pedagogy of practical and theoretical exposure is the reason why many Indian students prefer studying MBBS in Bicol Christian College of Medicine.
MBBS In Philippines And The Cost Of Living
Bicol Christian College of Medicine fees are affordable for many. But apart from academics, the basic cost of living is as follows:
|Particulars||Cost in INR||Approx. Range
|Rent per Month (approx.)||₹ 7000 - ₹ 9500||4572.22 – 6205.16|
|Food||₹ 21 - ₹ 800||13.72 – 522.54|
|Transportation||₹ 13 - ₹ 875||8.49 – 571.53|
Note: 1₹ = 0.65 Philippine Peso
Thus, once the Bicol Christian College of Medicine tuition fee is considered, and the above costs are added, the proposition fits your budget.
Bicol Christian College Of Medicine:
The thought of pursuing MBBS in Philippines in the year 2020 with so many changes had me wondering whether I should go to the college. However, when I read about the Bicol Christian College of Medicine’s tuition fees and the excellent methods of teaching, I was relieved. I am happy that I went ahead with the opportunity now.
Looking at Bicol Christian College of Medicine’s world ranking, I was instantly happy about going for MBBS in Philippines in 2020. The enormous expanse of resources in the library like research journals, books, etc. excited me to opt for the college.
The rising cost of higher education had me worried about opting for studies abroad. However, Bicol Christian College of Medicine and its fees are affordable to me and I am happy that economic costs with quality education is accessible these days.
Bicol Christian College of Medicine, Philippines, and its world ranking is an attractive and a valuable proposition for me. When I first heard about the college, I had been sceptical about the internship opportunities as they are an integral part of an MBBS programme. However, the college provides ample opportunities to groom oneself.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To assure you about the college and to facilitate your decision making, we researched the most frequently asked questions on Quora and Careers 360 and compiled the answers here for you:
You need to take the licensure exam of Philippines, however, post that you could stay there and work.
MD and MS are the two most popular options after your MBBS at AMEC BCCM. Since the medium of instruction at the college is English, you are eligible to pursue higher education at any of the English-speaking countries. Philippines follows the American education system.
Bicol Christian College of Medicine has a systematic fee payment system with the 1st year tuition fees standing at ₹4.32 Lakhs as per 2020 and the fees for the consequent years (2nd to 5th) standing at ₹2.16 Lakhs.
Students receive the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree after the 5-year tenure at Bicol college.
The places you could work at are hospitals, biomedical companies, Medical Foundations, Medical Professors, and Health Centres. You could also work as a doctor after taking the required exam of any country.
Bicol Christian College of Medicine’s world rating stands at 1 star and the college is recognized by renowned medical bodies like MCI, WHO, and CHED.
An Exchange Student Visa which has to be renewed after every semester and a Student Visa which lasts until the exchange agreement are the two options that could be selected by all the aspirants.
Yes, with proper Safety and Security policies in check and with helpful staff and wardens, the college is extremely safe and convenient for all students with an atmosphere inspiring enough to learn and study.
AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine Address.
85 Rizal St, Old Albay District,
Legazpi City, 4500 Albay,
Average Spending by Indian students at AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine
1 ₹ = 0.65 Philippine Peso
- Meal at an inexpensive restaurant: 80 Peso
- Meal for two people at a mid-range priced restaurant for a three-course: 1000 Peso
- Combo meal at McDonalds: 115 Peso
- Water for a 0.33 litres bottle: 15 Peso
- Regular Coffee: 85 Peso: 85 Peso
- Local Transport Ticket for one-way: 8 Peso
- Monthly Pass for the Local Transport: 608.70 Peso
- Taxi Fare for 1 Kms: 32.50 Peso
- Combined spending on electricity, water, garbage, cooling, and heating for an 85m2 space: 5366.67 Peso
- Local Prepaid Mobile Fare for 1 Minute: 7 Peso
- Unlimited Internet at 60 mbps or more: 2400 Peso
- A pair of Jeans: 2000 Peso
- A pair of mid-range running shoes: 5000 Peso
- A one-bedroom apartment at the heart of the city: 6333.33 Peso
- A one-bedroom apartment at the outskirts of the city: 5000 Peso
Top 5 Hangout Spots Near AMEC Bicol Christian College Of Medicine:
With amazing food reviews and immense popularity, Chachi’s Kitchen will remind you of India and comfort you in a place away from home.
Another crowd favourite amongst the Indian cuisine restaurants, this funky place is a provides relishing north Indian fare.
With a refreshing Filipino ambience and a must-visit spot to curb all your dessert cravings, Small Talk Café is a weekend hideout.
This one’s a go-to for freshly tossed Pizzas and scrumptious traditional American and Italian food and we must tell you, it’s the city’s best.
With authentic Bicolano dishes and rejuvenating atmosphere; 1st Colonial Grill is a beautiful place alongside the Albay bay. It’s a date-night favourite!