Cebu City - A glimpse
Being one of the largest cities in the Philippines, it is also a world class urbanized city on the island of Cebu and hence an attraction for international students to pursue an MBBS course in Philippines.
Located on the beautiful island of Cebu, it is surrounded by the offshore Mactan Island and the inland Cordillera central.
The city has an average temperature of 27.5°C and thus, is an ideal destination for students who want to pursue MBBS abroad.
According to the 2015 census, this bustling port city has a population of 922611. Being the main domestic port in the Philippines, this city is very important from the point of view of trade and commerce.
Situated at 28m above the sea level, the city has a tropical climate and it rains almost throughout the year in the city.
Cebu Institute of Medicine: Student Life
The student life is always special for everyone and it is an aspect of life that a person remembers throughout his/her life.
- Students who come to the CIM to pursue MBBS in abroad, are provided with focused practical experience and not just theoretical knowledge.
- The state of art facilities and infrastructure provided to the students helps the students to get a world-class learning experience.
- The students are offered well ventilated classrooms, three huge amphitheatres, specialized medical libraries and the best-in class laboratories.
- For various student activities, the conference rooms and the social hall can be used.
- The amphitheatres are always buzzing with one or the other activity.
- Community health care is taken care by the CIM and the Cebu (Velez) General Hospital, in which the students play an important role.
Hence, students choose Ama School of medicine MBBS:
Cebu Institute of Medicine ranking
As per UniRank (4icu), the Cebu Institute of Medicine ranking is as follows:
Cebu Institute of Medicine Recognition and Accreditation
Cebu Institute of Medicine world ranking is a reflection of the recognitions that the University has been granted with:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Indian Medical Council (IMC)
- Commission of Higher Education, Philippines
Cebu Institute of Medicine admissions : Important Dates
Students seeking admission in Cebu Institute of Medicine, should keep in mind the following the dates:
|Application Start Date||August 2023|
|Invitation Letter||Within 1 week|
|Admission Start Date||August 2023|
Cebu Institute of Medicine admissions - Must Know Facts 2023-24
Some important points that the students who want to pursue MBBS in Cebu Institute of Medicine should ponder upon:
|Intake for MBBS Course at Cebu Institute of Medicine||August 2023|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Cebu Institute of Medicine
ranking in Philippines
|Cebu Institute of Medicine
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Philippines
List of colleges in Philippines for Clinical Rotation abroad
Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Only these are the Medical Colleges whose students have reported allowed for Clinical Rotations Abroad.
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Cebu Institute of Medicine Fee structure 2023-24
Students who want to study MBBS in Philippines must take a look at the structure of the Cebu Institute of Medicine fees given below. The breakup below shows the Cebu Institute of Medicine tuition fee and the total Cebu Institute of Medicine annual tuition fees.
The fee structure for Cebu Institute of Medicine for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Year||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 10500||$ 7000||$ 5280||$ 5280||$ 5500|
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||33560 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 23,49,200/-|
Note: 1 USD = Rs. 70
- Cebu Institute of Medicine fees mentioned above are approximate and may vary according to the changes in the Cebu Institute of Medicine tuition fee and other fees.
- Cebu Institute of Medicine tuition fee and other fees are specially mentioned in INR, so that it becomes easy to make a decision to study mbbs at Cebu Institute of Medicine for indian students.
NMAT : 70+ Score Required for Admission - Mandatory
Note: Not recommended for Indian Students as Pre-Medical Program is 2 Years in this college which overall Increase your course duration as reported by students.
Compulsory Clinical Rotation in Philippines - NO option to do Clinical Abroad.
List of Colleges in Philippines Approved Clinical Rotation AbroadNote: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Compare Cebu Institute for Medicine College of Medicine Fees Structure with other Top Colleges in Philippines
Get the Lowest Fees Quote for you we don’t do commissioning. Enquire Now
Cebu Institute of Medicine Hostel and Accommodation
- Students who come to study MBBS abroad at the CIM , are offered the best possible facilities in the hostels.
- The students are also provided with the necessary furniture items, which include a bed, a chair, a cupboard and a table.
- Students need not worry about their security while coming to the CIM, since the hostel premises are well secured with 24x7 safety and security.
- Hot water, heater, electricity and wi-fi are provided to every student who resides in the hostels.
Cebu Institute of Medicine Philippines – MBBS Syllabus
Cebu Institute of Medicine Philippines world ranking has a contribution of the well curated curriculum that is recognised globally and covers all the subject that are necessary to study MBBS in Philippines:
Syllabus For Pre-medical
|Calculus & Analytical|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals Of Genetics|
|Philosophy Of Man|
|Education For Sustainable|
|Cell And Molecular Biology|
|Politics And Governance|
|Rizal's Life, Works, And Writings|
|Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform|
|Histology & Micro-Technique|
|Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)Immunology|
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|History of Medicine|
|Preventive and Communicative|
|General and -Clinical Pathology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
MBBS in Cebu Institute of Medicine: Documents Required
In order to study MBBS at Cebu Institute of Medicine, the following list of documents is required to be submitted:
- Birth Certificate
- Passport - original
- No criminal background certificate
- A valid and fully filled application form
- Passport size photos
- Official Invitation letter from the University
- Statement of Purpose
- Certificates - Undergraduate and graduation (if any)
- Certificate of qualification - English proficiency test
- Health and Medical Certificate (including Quarantine report)
Cebu Institute of Medicine Faculty Offered
Cebu Institute of Medicine Philippines world ranking is a reflection of the quality of the education offered in the fields of -
Department 1: Basic Biomedical Science Department
Department 2: Integrated Clinical Science I Department
Department 3: Integrated Clinical Science II Department
- Internal medicine
- Community Medicine
Cebu Institute of Medicine admission requirements : Eligibility criteria
The Cebu Institute of Medicine admission office states the following eligibility criteria for the students who are considering the Cebu Institute of Medicine for MBBS :
- Cebu Institute of Medicine admissions proceed only when the student provides proof of having secured a minimum score of 70% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The Cebu Institute of Medicine admissions requirements state that the students must have passed all the subjects in the 12th standard with English as the compulsory subject.
- The Cebu Institute of Medicine admission office has stated that the students applying for medical education at Cebu Institute of Medicine are not required to complete any entrance exam like TOEFL/IELTS/GMAT etc.
Admission Process for MBBS in Cebu Institute of Medicine: Step by Step guide
In order to secure an admission for medical education at Cebu Institute of Medicine, the candidate must follow the below process:
Step. 01Students need to fill the application form with utmost caution.
Step. 02Cebu Institute of Medicine MBBS admission process has set rules and requirements. Submission of the following documents is one of the major requirements-
- Score card of NEET exam (If opted)
- A scanned copy of the Passport of the candidate
- A scanned copy of the score card / mark sheet of Higher secondary education
Step. 03A provisional admission will be provided to the selected candidates.upon request, once they have fulfilled all the previous steps and qualified all the requirements.
Step. 04The candidate will be sent the Visa invitation once it is ready.
Step. 05This visa invitation will have to be presented at the embassy in order to get the visa stamped.
Cebu Institute of Medicine - Scholarships offered
For students who want further concession in the Cebu Institute of Medicine fees, there are various scholarships that the students can look out for-
- A special scholarship is awarded to the students who qualify with 1st and 2nd honors in that year during the course.
- The 1st year students are eligible for a scholarship, if they have graduated with honors in college - summa, magna or cum laude.
- There is a special scholarship for the economically backward students.
- Students who study MBBS at Cebu Institute of Medicine can take part in the scholarship raffle that takes place during the founder’s day celebration.
MBBS in philippines 2023-24 : Cost of Living at Cebu City
|Things of Daily Need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||₹ 36 - ₹ 617|
|Eating at a Mid Range Restaurant (for 2 people)||₹ 1845 - ₹ 1850|
|One way ticket of any Local Transport||₹ 14|
|A monthly pass for Local Transport||₹ 605|
|Monthly Rent for a 1 Bedroom Apartment||₹ 20,800 - ₹ 38,000|
Cebu Institute of Medicine - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are a few questions from Quora and Careers 360 that popped up frequently about Cebu Institute of Medicine Philippines:
Yes, the nearest airport is the Mactan-Cebu International Airport.
Cebu Institute of Medicine fees are to be paid only after the admission is confirmed, and not before filling the application form.
The CIM was established in 1957.
The Cebu Institute of Medicine Philippines is recognized by MCI and WHO.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Cebu Institute of Medicine
in PHP (₱) , 1 PHP = Approx. INR 1.53/-
Students opting for mbbs in philippines 2023-24 should go through these prices to get an idea.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 180.00 ₱
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 1,000.00 ₱
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 150.00 ₱
- Cappuccino (regular): 125.36 ₱
- Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle): 41.15 ₱
- Milk (regular), (1 liter): 90.25 ₱
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 63.58 ₱
- Rice (white), (1kg): 54.57 ₱
- Eggs (regular) (12): 88.18 ₱
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 9.66 ₱
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 386.48 ₱
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 40.00 ₱
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 13.50 ₱
- Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff): 120.00 ₱
Sports And Leisure Expenditure
- Fitness Club, Monthly Fee for 1 Adult: 1,763.64 ₱
- Tennis Court Rent (1 Hour on Weekend): 450.00 ₱
- Cinema, International Release, 1 Seat: 290.00 ₱
Accomodation (Rent per month)
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 23,316.50 ₱
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 14,791.10 ₱
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre: 43,416.67 ₱
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre: 24,271.69 ₱
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near CIMe:
Offers the best sea-food in town and is one of the favorite spots of seafood lovers.
A place with good mediterranean food and a great ambience. Hygiene is the topmost priority at this restaurant.
Located literally on the top of the city, the view from this restaurant is breathtaking. The food served is delicious.
Serves authentic Indian food to take care of your cravings from back home.
Gives the best twist to the Filipino dishes and is a must try in Cebu.