Also known as ‘the Heart of Philippines’, Iloilo is an urban city located centrally to the country. The people of Iloilo are called Ilonggos and have a sweet and polite disposition.
The city has a tropical climate and receives significant rainfall almost all year. Average temperature of the city is 26-27 degree Celsius.
MBBS in Central Philippine University: Student Life
University life is where we make our best memories. CPU aims to provide the best infrastructure and environment for students as they tread their path to excellence and experience new adventures.
- MBBS course at Central Philippine University focuses on students’ overall growth. There are a number of cultural, sports and academic activities that take place throughout the year.
- Student Organization Committee (SOC) is the regulatory body of students that organizes festivals, events, seminars, conferences and other activities for everyone.
- Central Philippine University reviews sing praises of the university’s Gymnasium. The gymnasium is one of the best equipped and largest one in Western Visayas.
- CPU celebrates its diversity. Students from around world study at the university.
- CPU holds student exchange programs which open new vistas for students.
Central Philippine University world ranking and Recognition
MBBS course at Central Philippine University is recognized by WHO, MCI and Commission of Higher Education, Philippines, Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities (ACSCU), PAASCU - The Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), ACUCA - Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia.
Central Philippine University: Important Dates 2023-24
For Central Philippine University admissions 2023-2024 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates-
|Commencement of 2023-24 intake cycle||August 2023|
|Commencement of Application||First week August 2023|
|Call Letter||within the next 3-4 weeks|
Central Philippine University: Must Know Facts 2023-24
To secure admission in Central Philippine University, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Intake for MBBS Course at Central Philippine University||August 2023|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||NEET Examination No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|Central Philippine University
ranking in Philippines
|Central Philippine University
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Philippines
List of colleges in Philippines for Clinical Rotation abroad
Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Only these are the Medical Colleges whose students have reported allowed for Clinical Rotations Abroad.
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Central Philippine University Fee Structure MBBS 2023-24
Central Philippine University fees is affordable for Indian students. In fact, Central Philippine University tuition fee is much less than fees in any Indian private medical university.
Students need to clear BS or Pre-medicine course before enrolling in MD/MBBS course in Philippines. BS course is 1.5-2 years long, after which students are admitted into MD. This ensures a strong medical foundation of students who study MBBS at Central Philippine University.
Year-wise details of Central Philippine University fees is given below for MBBS in Philippines 2023-24:
|Year||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 10000||$ 4000||$ 4000||$ 4000||$ 4000|
Update for 2023 not available
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||26000 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 18,20,000/-|
- Note: 1 USD = ₹ 70
- Central Philippine University fees mentioned is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
- Central Philippine University tuition fee for BS course will be additional and is not mentioned above.
Kindly Note : for Local Students is $2000 per semesters some agents misguide students with wrong fees structure showing local student fees; be aware as reported by students.
Compulsory Clinical Rotation in Philippines - NO option to do Clinical Abroad.
List of Colleges in Philippines Approved Clinical Rotation AbroadNote: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Compare Central Philippine University College of Medicine Fees Structure with other Top Colleges in Philippines
Get the Lowest Fees Quote for you we don’t do commissioning. Enquire Now
Central Philippine University: Hostel and Accommodation
The university provides hostel facilities for international students. Ease of accommodation makes the choice to study MBBS at Central Philippine University for Indian students a good one.
- Central Philippine University hostel is located on campus for students who wish to live alongside their classmates.
- There are separate dormitories for men and women, Franklin Hall and Weston Hall respectively. There are other halls as well, for about 300-400 students reside at university accommodation.
- Owing to growing number of residents, Missionary hall has been a recent addition to the CPU’s infrastructure.
- Basic furnishings like tables, desks, wardrobe, beds are available at the student hostel.
- Students are charged for electric bill separately.
- Guest houses and studio apartments are available for international students.
- To live more independently during MBBS abroad, students can choose to live in boarding houses near the university.
Central Philippine University: MBBS Syllabus
CPU offers a well-rounded syllabus for aspiring medical professionals. Medical education at Central Philippine University aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Central Philippine University for MBBS:
Syllabus For Pre-medical
|Calculus & Analytical|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals Of Genetics|
|Philosophy Of Man|
|Education For Sustainable|
|Cell And Molecular Biology|
|Politics And Governance|
|Rizal's Life, Works, And Writings|
|Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform|
|Histology & Micro-Technique|
|Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)Immunology|
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|History of Medicine|
|Preventive And Communicative-Medicine|
|General and -Clinical Pathology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
Central Philippine University: Documents Required
Central Philippine University admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs (2)
- 10th Mark sheet and Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Application fee (non-refundable)
- Application form with complete Personal History Statement
- Photocopy of Transcripts
- National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) result card
- Letter of Recommendation from two professors
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from two school officials
Faculties offered at Central Philippine University for MBBS
- Health and Fitness
- Lifestyle Management
- Respiratory Therapy
MBBS in Central Philippine University : Eligibility criteria
To secure admission in Central Philippine University, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Students from General category must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to study MBBS at Central Philippine University.
- Students from SC/ST category must secure a minimum aggregate of 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Student must have passed all subjects in their 12th standard with English as compulsory subject.
- Another Central Philippine University admission requirement is to pass English language proficiency test.
- Applicant must be 17 years, or maximum 25 years, of age on the date of admission for MBBS in Central Philippine University.
Admission Process for MBBS in Central Philippine University: Step by Step guide
Central Philippine University admissions have an easy and smooth process. Central Philippine University admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Central Philippine University admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available online.
Step. 02Submit the required documents.
- Marksheet of completion of higher secondary education
- NEET Score card (if opted)
- Scanned Passport
Step. 03Central Philippine University admission office will issue a provisional admission letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04Next step in Central Philippine University admission is receiving visa invitation which will be sent by the university.
Step. 05Once you receive the visa invitation, get it stamped by the embassy.
And your dream to study MBBS in Philippines will begin!
Central Philippine University - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, the gymnasium at CPU is well-maintained and one of the largest in the Western Visayas.
Central Philippine University Philippines world rating is 3 Star.
CPU is one of the best universities for medical degree in Philippines. Central Philippine University world rating is 3 Star. It is recognized by WHO, MCI and other reputed medical organizations.
Central Philippine University annual tuition fee is low and easily payable through different schemes. There are many scholarships available for students who wish to ease their financial burden.
Average Spending by Indian Students at CPU (in Pesos)
1 Peso = Approx. INR 1.44/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 50-250 Pesos
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 150-200 Pesos
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 400-600 Pesos
- Cappuccino: 50-180 Pesos
- Bread for 2 people: 40-75 Pesos
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 16-50 Pesos
- Average public transport expense: 40 Pesos
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 40-50 Pesos
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 6000-8000 Pesos
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 4000-6000 Pesos
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 4500-9000 Pesos
- Internet Expense: 2500-4000 Pesos
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 500-2000 Pesos
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 2500-5000 Pesos
- Shoes and footwear: 1500- 3000 Pesos
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students near CPU:
This small restaurant offers authentic Indian food where you can hang out with your mates every other day.
Have a fine dining experience at FTI Indian Restaurant as they serve delicious and spice Indian cuisine.
Salt Gastro Lounge is a great place for a weekend brunch and some drink with friends. They serve Italian, American and Indian food.
On days you get tired of junk food and wish to give your body a cleanse with fresh vegetables and salads, this is the place to be!
The Mango Tree Restaurant is a beautiful place that serves mouth-watering cuisines from all over the world.