MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation
The city of Mindanao was graced with Davao Medical School Foundation first in 1976 and was the first to provide MBBS in Philippines in that city.
The constitutes a medical center, the famous Broken Shire Memorial hospital and San Pedro hospital housing 4000 beds giving aspirants hand-on experience and more reason to choose medical education at Davao Medical School Foundation.
Ranked as one of the Top 6 Medical Schools in the Philippines, DMSF has the largest alumni base for students wanting to practice medicine in countries like the US and 50 other nations across the globe.
Indian students passing out of college with physics, chemistry, and biology as their choosen subjects get a fair advantage over other students, in terms of adaptability of the MBBS courses provided at Davao. As the syllabus and curriculum are designed to suit Indian education patterns.
Medical students studying at Davao Medical School get access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities that include numerous exhibition halls, laboratories, demonstration halls, auditoriums, and dissection halls especially made for first-year students.
Why study MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation 2023-24?
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) for MBBS can be realised as the choice for an aspirant who wants to study MBBS abroad due to the following:
- 134th position is where the university’s ranking is at among the other MBBS courses in Philippines.
- English medium of teaching makes MBBS in this university a global venture.
- Maintenance of a reputed network among medical universities around the world.
- Provides top-notch safety to students that take admissions to Davao Medical Education and Training Centre.
- The learning methodology is very hands-on and solution-oriented.
- Practical skill of the student that has chosen Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) for MBBS will flourish as it is given the cynosure.
- This university is recognized by MCI & WHO.
Living in Davao
Davao city, also southern Mindanao, is situated at the south-eastern part of Mindanao.
The colourful sculptures and lighted fountains of people's park in the centre of Davao city is home to Durian. The city is named after the pungent, spiky fruit that used to grow exclusively in Mindanao.
The Davao river cuts through the city.
Here are some places to explore near Davao city:
- Cebu City
Cost of Living in Davao
Expenses are very curbed for students due to accommodation in the university. However, if the student chooses to live outside the campus:
|Accommodation Outside (Not in Hostel) Per Month||12,825.00 ₱||₹ 17,500|
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) Ranking 2023-24
Davao Medical School Foundation world rating has been identified by UniRank, a trusted ranking agency:
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF): Important Dates and Timelines 2023-24
To study MBBS at Davao Medical School Foundation for 2023-24, the following timelines and dates must be adhered to:
|Commencement of 2023-24 intake cycle||August 2023|
|Commencement of Application||August 2023|
|Last Date of Application||August 2023|
|Admission Letter||Within a week|
Davao Medical School Foundation(DMSF) - Must Know Facts 2023-24
The following table has particulars that summarize the information one needs to know to be a part of Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) admissions.
|Intake for MBBS Course at Davao Medical School Foundation||August 2023 & January 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in HSC or equivalent (PCB)|
|NEET Exam||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Davao Medical School Foundation ranking in Philippines||6th Rank|
|Davao Medical School Foundation Rating||4.2 Stars|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Philippines
List of colleges in Philippines for Clinical Rotation abroad
Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Only these are the Medical Colleges whose students have reported allowed for Clinical Rotations Abroad.
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation Fee Structure 2023-24
Its fees make Davao Medical School Foundation admissions an achievable goal. Find the Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) annual tuition fees below.
|2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 11600||$ 5100||$ 5100||$ 5100||$ 5100|
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||32000 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 22,40,000/-|
Note: The fees must be paid in USD
Compulsory Clinical Rotation in Philippines - NO option to do Clinicals Abroad
List of Colleges in Philippines Approve Clinicals Rotation AbroadNote: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Compare Davao Medical School Foundation Fees Structure with other Top Colleges in Philippines
Get the Lowest Fees for you we don’t do commissioning. Enquire Now
Hostel and Accommodation Facility
Davao Medical School Foundation hostel provides amenities with accommodation and mess for students:
- Cosy and comfortable atmosphere for medical aspirants coming from several countries to fulfil their dreams.
- Affordable hostel with furnished rooms.
- Internet access, TV and telephone are few of the many essential amenities.
- Bathrooms and kitchens are shared.
- 24×7 hostel security.
- Reading rooms and gyms are up for use by students.
- Hostels are unique for Indian students and Indian food is prepared by an Indian cook.
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) – MBBS Syllabus
MD program follows the following the split up:
Syllabus For Pre-medical
|Calculus & Analytical|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals Of Genetics|
|Philosophy Of Man|
|Education For Sustainable|
|Cell And Molecular Biology|
|Politics And Governance|
|Rizal's Life, Works, And Writings|
|Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform|
|Histology & Micro-Technique|
|Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)Immunology|
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|History of Medicine|
|Preventive And Communicative-Medicine|
|General and -Clinical Pathology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
Davao Medical School Foundation: Documents Required
Mandatory documents for the admission process is mentioned below to secure MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation:
- Marksheets of 11th and 12th
- Birth certificate
- NEET report card (If opted)
- 4 passport size photos
- Visa fee payment receipt
- 1st-year tuition fee payment receipt
- Document of medical fitness
Faculties at Davao Medical School Foundation
Davao Medical School Foundation faculty of medicine is not the only faculties this university offers:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology(BS)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Master in Health Professionals Education(MHPED)
- Master in Community Health(MCH)
- Master in Participatory Development(MPD)
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
Eligibility Criteria by Davao Medical School Foundation for MBBS
Davao Medical School Foundation(DMSF) requirements to clear their eligibility criteria for the admissions for MBBS is as simple as below:
- Must be 18 years old.
- Qualified through HSC or equivalent.
- General - minimum of 50% required in PCB
- Reserved category – minimum of 40% in PCB
Admission Process for MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation: Step by Step guide
The following simple steps will help guide your admission process for MBBS in Philippines:
Step. 01The student should apply to the chairman of the committee with the above documents to the secretary.
Step. 02An orientation program is conducted for the applicants and their parents/guardian.
Step. 03An interview will be conducted by the scholarship committee.
Step. 04Sign the contract of the scholarship once the first three steps are successfully completed.
Davao Medical School Foundation – Important FAQs
Davao Medical School Foundation offers Pre-med + MD Doctor of Medicine for students who want a medical education in Philippines.
Yes. Once you have secured your degree, you need to undergo MCI screening to practice in India.
It would be illegal to get paid for a job during the tenure of student visa.
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) – Address.
Following is the address of the Davao Medical School Foundation admission office and university:
Medical School Dr,
8000 Davao del Sur,
Average Spending by Indian Students at Davao Medical School Foundation, Davao City
1 Peso = Approx. INR 1.44/-
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 1,000.00 ₱
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 150.00 ₱
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught): 60.00 ₱
- Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle): 100.00 ₱
- Milk (regular), (1 liter): 86.21 ₱
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 57.64 ₱
- Rice (white), (1kg): 51.02 ₱
- Eggs (regular) (12): 87.96 ₱
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 10.00 ₱
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 500.00 ₱
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 40.00 ₱
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 13.50 ₱
- Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff): 120.00 ₱
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 16,566.93 ₱
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 9,186.72 ₱
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar): 2,079.94 ₱
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...): 1,340.30 ₱
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Davao Medical School Foundation:
A highly rated and commended restaurant that allows you to travel back to India.
A delivery and takeaway joint apt for student in a rush.
Homely and quaint, this affordable restaurant will check every students need-list.
Authentic and fine dining experiences come together and bring the food to life.
It is unmissable even among tourists, and has been a standing member of the top 5 Indian restaurants in Davao.