MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University, Philippines
Founded in 1969 in Dagupan, Philippines, Lyceum Northwestern University was the brainchild of Mrs. Florencia Tiongson Duque and Dr. Francisco Quimson Duque. Offering a 6-year course, MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University is an unmissable opportunity for students wishing to pursue MBBS in abroad.
The campus is beautifully well-equipped and is located just 230 Kms away from the Manila International Airport which makes it easy for international students to access it. Housing more than 2000 international students, MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University is a preferred choice of 250+ Indians who study there too.
The MBBS course at Lyceum Northwestern University is well recognized and academically balanced, so much so that it has also been acknowledged in the World Directory of Medical Schools. Their focus is polishing the skills of students to enable them to become compassionate and scholarly doctors who also are highly competent professionals.
Why Study MBBS At Lyceum Northwestern University?
Apart from Philippines being geographically near India, there are many other perks of pursuing MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University. These are:
- The tuition fees at Lyceum Northwestern University are extremely low.
- Language and communication are not a hassle.
- The medical education at Lyceum Northwestern University and its MD curriculum is internationally recognized.
- It has won acclaims of over 300+ Indian students who study there.
- The medical education at Lyceum Northwestern University has an unparalleled quality.
Living In Dagupan City
The University is located in the beautiful city of Dagupan, Philippines. Located at the north-western-central side of the island of Luzon, Dagupan is independent politically and is constituted by the legislative district. Bustling with 1,80,000 people and operating independently, Dagupan is the commercial and the financial hub of northern Philippines.
The city is vibrantly green and pleasantly quiet and provides a soothing ambience to study. The average temperatures fall between 22 to 32 degree Celsius making it liveable for most of the people. Your weekends are perfectly planned with Dagupan’s exciting hotspots like:
- Tondaligan Road
- Dagupan City Museum
- Metropolitan Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
- Bonuan Beach
- Tondaligan Children's Park
- Saint Peter & Paul Parish Church - Calasiao
- Binmaley Beach
- Lingayen Beach
- Our Lady of Purification Parish
- Binmaley Museum
The University: Student Life
- Lyceum Northwestern University admissions are open for all international and national students thus providing a varied cultural mix for students.
- Lyceum Northwestern University for its MBBS studies offers an exclusive mix of learned and distinct professors with a well-structured examinations pattern.
- Going for MBBS abroad is a tough choice for many, but with the wide variety of resources available for students right from libraries to e-resources to a well-established research system; it is an educationally viable opportunity.
- Lyceum Northwestern University world ranking is sufficiently attractive for a quality education in your budget.
- Lyceum Northwestern University fees are affordable for students considering the relatively economical Lyceum Northwestern University Tuition Fees.
- An MBBS in Philippines in 2023-24 provides students with all the necessary medical skills to become competent professionals in the world.
Facilities Offered At The University
Studying MBBS abroad is a dream of many. However, if you have doubts about whether your stay at the campus will be comfortable, take a look at the following facilities offered by the university:
- Well-equipped and air-conditioned rooms
- Mess and Cafeteria
- Study Halls
- Conference Halls
- WIFI-enabled campus
- Sports Complex
Thus, pursuing MBBS course in Philippines is a convenient choice.
Studying MBBS In Philippines And The Cost Of Living
Apart from the Lyceum Northwestern University’s annual tuition fees, the other cost components to consider are:
|Particulars||Cost in INR||Cost in PHP|
|Rent per Month (approx.)||₹ 15,000 - ₹ 20,000||9817 - 13089 Peso|
|Food||₹ 20 - ₹ 500||13 - 327 Peso|
|Transportation||₹ 60 - ₹ 500||39 - 327 Peso|
Note: 1 ₹ = 0.65 Philippine Peso
Lyceum Northwestern University Ranking As Of 2023-24
For multiple reasons, the Lyceum Northwestern University’s world ranking has been high throughout the years. Indian students especially opt to study MBBS in Philippines:
Lyceum Northwestern University: Recognition And Accreditation
If you are still in doubt whether to take admission in Lyceum Northwestern University, the following accreditations will surely help to resolve them:
- Medical Council of India (MCI) approved.
- IMED Directory listed.
- Medico Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Acknowledged in the WHO Directory of Medical Universities.
Lyceum Northwestern University MBBS: Course Duration
It takes a total of 5.6 years to complete MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University.
- Candidates studying MBBS at Lyceum Northwestern University have to complete the allotted 5 and a half years duration for all international students.
- The first 16 months are dedicated towards building s strong foundation, and the term is commonly called as the ‘pre-medical course’.
- After the Pre-medical course, the following 4 years emphasise on core medicine and clinical rotation.
- The pedagogy is an excellent combination of practical as well as theoretical exposure aided by renowned professors.
- The MBBS course at Lyceum Northwestern University also mandates a 1-year internship at the end of the duration.
Lyceum Northwestern University: Important Dates and Timelines
The University requires students to adhere to the following dates and timelines during the admission process:
|Commencement of the 2023-24 Admissions Cycle||August 2023|
|Commencement of Application||August 2023|
|Admission Letter||Within 2 weeks|
Lyceum Northwestern University - Quick Glance
We have enlisted a few important points to be kept in mind if you want to be a part of Lyceum Northwestern University admissions:
|Intake for MBBS Course at Lyceum Northwestern University||August 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||Minimum 50% in PCBM|
|NEET Exam||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Lyceum Northwestern University ranking in Philippines||15th Rank|
|Lyceum Northwestern University Rating||1.5 Stars|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Philippines
List of colleges in Philippines for Clinical Rotation abroad
Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Only these are the Medical Colleges whose students have reported allowed for Clinical Rotations Abroad.
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
The University: Medium Of Teaching
Lyceum Northwestern University admissions could be considered for a majority of international and Indian students due to the fact that their course delivery happens in the English language. Thus, even if you come from any corner of the world, you won’t face any issue.
Lyceum Northwestern University: Fee Structure 2023-24
If you are concerned about the rising cost of education abroad, Philippines offers extremely affordable options. Lyceum Northwestern University fees amounts to a total of ₹19, 50, 000 with a year-wise break up as follows:
|2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 8000||$ 4000||$ 4000||$ 4000||$ 4000|
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||24000 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 16,80,000/-|
Lyceum Northwestern University tuition fee and accommodation is accepted only in Philippines Peso
Lyceum Northwestern University hostel fees is charged annually.
Compulsory Clinical Rotation in Philippines - NO option to do Clinical Abroad.
Wrong Information Alert: Numerous Student Reported they are NOT yet allowed to do clinicals abroad and in India due to restrictions as it’s NOT Autonomous College Yet. Till Date no student has done clinicals abroad from this college as reported by students.
List of Colleges in Philippines Approved Clinicals Rotation AbroadNote: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Compare Lyceum Northwestern University Fees Structure with other Top Colleges in Philippines
Get the Lowest Fees Quote for you we don’t do commissioning. Enquire Now
The University – The Syllabus For 2023-24
Lyceum Northwestern University for its MBBS offering includes the following syllabus:
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|History of Medicine|
|Preventive and Communicative - Medicine|
|General and -Clinical Pathology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
Lyceum Northwestern University: Documents Required
All of the following documents and their notarized copies have to be procured for Lyceum Northwestern University admission:
- Your Passport Copy
- Your Marksheets
- Your Birth Certificate
- The report card of your NEET examination (If opted)
- Your Application Form
- Your Medical Certificate
- Your passport size Photographs
Faculties Offered At The University
The courses and faculties at Lyceum Northwestern University are varied and serve interests of most of the medical students. The university has a 4-year MD course which is considered equivalent to an MBBS in India. Thus, MBBS in Lyceum Northwestern University offers courses like:
- Preventive Medicine
- General Medicine
- Community Health
- Medical Practice
- Human Anatomy
As could be seen above, Indian students prefer to study MBBS at Lyceum Northwestern University due to the vast array of fields it specialises in.
Admission In Lyceum Northwestern University: The Eligibility Criteria
Before you take the next step, take a look at Lyceum Northwestern University’s admission requirements:
- The candidate’s age has to be between 17 and 25 years.
- Clearing the higher secondary examinations like the 10+2 is a must.
- Choosing subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics during their studies is compulsory.
- At least 50% for General category students and 40% for reserved categories students has to be attained.
Lyceum Northwestern University Admission: Procedure for 2023-24
Lyceum Northwestern University’s admission requirements contains the following necessary steps to be taken:
Step. 01To start the process, go to the University portal and fill out the online application form.
Step. 02After filling the form, you need to submit the documents necessary and wait for the review.
Step. 03Usually it takes 10 to 15 days for the university to review and approve your admission.
Step. 04Once you receive your admission approval, the institute will issue an official invitation letter to you.
Step. 05After completing the above formalities, lastly, you need to apply for visa.
Lyceum Northwestern University:
I was hesitant to study MBBS abroad due to my questions on syllabus and whether medical studies in Philippines would make me competent enough on a world level. However, on reading about the university in Philippines and its world ranking, I was convinced. The courses here have bestowed passion in me and I am glad I chose to go ahead with the opportunity.
Pursuing medical education abroad requires huge finance. I was doubtful whether shelling out massive amounts of money would provide me with equally considerable quality of studies. Lyceum Northwestern University and its fees are not only affordable, but the exposure you get towards the medical field is unparalleled.
After completing my grade twelfth and doing well in it, I wanted an opportunity that would ensure I would become a successful doctor. Lyceum Northwestern University’s fees, activities, courses, and academic structure assured me that studying here would mould my personality to achieve all my ambitions.
Lyceum Northwestern University and its world ranking satisfied my doubts of the opportunities the university presented to a student like me. Throughout my time at the campus, I was assisted by learned professors who guided me every step of the way. I am thankful to the institution for making me feel at home.
Lyceum Northwestern University – Important FAQs
The university is a great place to study. To assure you, we researched the most frequently asked questions on Quora and Careers 360 and compiled the answers here for you:
Yes, the Medical Council of India has acknowledged and approved the university.
Apart from the housing facilities stated in above, the university offers dormitories and hostels for international students at an economic cost.
The university has all varieties of food; Indian students could be at ease because North Indian and South Indian dishes are available at the campus.
Lyceum Northwestern University, Philippines, and its world ranking is appreciated world wide and the alumni of the college are recognised the world over for their expertise.
Lyceum Northwestern University’s admission office is located inside the university campus. The MD course duration here is 5.6 years including a year of internship.
Are Dagupan and Manila far from each other.
The University Address.
Lyceum North-western University,
Students Average Expenditure In Dagupan, Philippines
1 ₹ = 0.65 Philippine Peso
- Meal at an inexpensive restaurant: 80 Peso
- Meal for two people at a mid-range priced restaurant for a three-course: 500 Peso
- Combo meal at McDonalds: 150 Peso
- Water for a 0.33 litres bottle: 17.10 Peso
- Regular Coffee: 100 Peso
- One-km taxi tariff: 13.50 Peso
- Combined spending on electricity, water, garbage, cooling, and heating for an 85m2 space: 5772.40 Peso
- Local Prepaid Mobile Fare for 1 Minute: 7.50 Peso
- Unlimited Internet at 60 mbps or more: 2539.15 Peso
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1500 Peso
- A pair of Jeans: 2090 Peso
- Mid-range Nike running shoes: 3930 Peso
- There are various options available at various prices
Thus, collectively, Lyceum Northwestern University’s fees and other costs is considerable for MBBS in Philippines for 2023-24.
Top 5 Hangout Spots Near The University:
Although it is situated at the outskirts of Dagupan city, but the Biryani here will remind you of home and it’s a good weekend drive for a stress-buster.
Scrumptious Filipino seafood dishes beside a pond with live music makes it a perfect hangout spot with family and friends.
A student favourite for its unmissable attractions like Sago't Gulaman, pastries and bakes, coffee, etc., Pedritos is a perfect hangout with your friends.
Part of one of the many quick-service chains in Dagupan, this is a go-to place for Breakfast, Brunch or a quick bite when you’re in the vicinity. Drop in here for some wholesome coffee and an unsatiable evening hunger.
Just like its name, this place is synonymous with comfort. Great staff and quirky vibes, this place specialises in Asian fusion.