MBBS in Our Lady of Fatima University, Philippines
Widely known for its modern technology, high-tech infrastructure, research work and notable alumni, Our Lady of Fatima University is one of the prime institutes for MBBS in Philippines.
Established in 1967, with a rich history of more than 40 years, OLFU has a vast campus which adheres to international standard of medical education. The university invites students from across the world who wish to study MBBS abroad.
Benefits of MBBS in Our Lady of Fatima University
MBBS course at Our Lady of Fatima University maintains high quality of education. There are various advantages for Indian students if they choose to study MBBS in Philippines at Our Lady of Fatima University.
- Cost of living in Philippines and studying MBBS in Our Lady of Fatima University incurs lower expense than MBBS abroad in any European country.
- Our Lady of Fatima University tuition fee is made economical with various scholarship programs offered to students.
- Our Lady of Fatima University recognition by MCI and WHO makes it a reputed institute for MBBS course in Philippines.
- English language is spoken across Philippines and in the classrooms. Indian students will not face any communication issue.
- Our Lady of Fatima University faculty is learned and cooperative with international students. This gives students a safe environment on campus.
- Our Lady of Fatima University admissions are smooth and no donation or capitation fee is extracted from the students at the time of admission.
- Our Lady of Fatima University Philippines world rating is good – 3.5 Star.
- Our Lady of Fatima University hostel facility is equipped with Wi-Fi, air-conditioning etc, and dorms are well-ventilated and spacious.
Valenzuela is the 10th most populous city in Philippines with a vast land area. The city is located about 14 kilometres north of Manila. Crime rate in Valenzuela is low, so it is a safe city to live in.
The city receives significant rainfall during summers. Average temperature here is 27-28 degree Celsius.
Students’ Life: MBBS in Our Lady of Fatima University
Finding a comfortable and safe space is very important for international students. Students who study MBBS at Our Lady of Fatima University will find it all during their MBBS in Philippines 2023-24.
- The university provides its students with the best academic facilities- conference rooms, amphi-theatre, well-designed lecture halls, library, high-tech labs and other required infrastructure.
- OLFU library is well-stacked with over 200000 books and journals, accessible to all students without any cost.
- The university hosts cultural festivals that celebrate the diversity of the students.
- Indian food is easily available both on and off campus.
- On campus accommodation at the university hostel makes the environment charged with rejuvenating spirit of young students socializing, studying, celebration and living an amazing student life together.
- OLFU is in association with California Board of Medicine. This opens up the door to practice medicine in the USA for all students.
Our Lady of Fatima University world ranking and Recognition
MBBS course at Our Lady of Fatima University is recognized by WHO, MCI, Philippines Education Ministry, International Medical Education Directory and Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA:
Our Lady of Fatima University: Important Dates 2023-24
For Our Lady of Fatima University admissions 2023-2024 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates-
|Commencement of 2023-24 intake cycle||August 2023|
|Commencement of Application||August 2023|
|Admission Letter||within the next 3-4 weeks|
Our Lady of Fatima University: Must Know Facts 2023-24
To secure admission in Our Lady of Fatima University, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Intake for MBBS Course at Our Lady of Fatima University||August 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Our Lady of Fatima University ranking in Philippines||7th Rank|
|Our Lady of Fatima University Rating||4 Stars|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||Yes Available - USA, UK, Europe, UAE, Australia, Canada, India|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Our Lady of Fatima University Fee Structure MBBS 2023-24
Our Lady of Fatima University fees is economical for Indian students. There are various loans and academic scholarships available at Our Lady of Fatima University MBBS for bright students studying MBBS in Philippines 2023-24.
|Year||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 11500||$ 5900||$ 5900||$ 5900||$ 5900|
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||35100 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 24,57,000/-|
1 USD = ₹ 70
Our Lady of Fatima University fees mentioned is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Compulsory Clinical Rotation in Philippines - YES option to do Clinical Abroad.
List of Colleges in Philippines Approved Clinical Rotation AbroadNote: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Hostel and accommodation: Our Lady of Fatima University
The university provides hostel facilities for international students. Ease accommodation makes the choice to study MBBS at Our Lady of Fatima University for Indian students a good one.
- The hostel is located just across the university.
- Our Lady of Fatima University reviews confirm that the hostel premises have basic facilities like beds, couches, dining area, fans, oven, cupboards, laundry room, kitchen area, cafeteria etc.
- The hostel premises are under 24x7 CCTV surveillance.
Our Lady of Fatima University: MBBS Syllabus
OLFU offers a well-rounded syllabus for aspiring medical professionals. Medical education at Our Lady of Fatima University aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Our Lady of Fatima University for MBBS:
Syllabus for Pre-medical
|Calculus & Analytical|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals Of Genetics|
|Philosophy Of Man|
|Education For Sustainable|
|Cell And Molecular Biology|
|Politics And Governance|
|Rizal's Life, Works, And Writings|
|Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform|
|Histology & Micro-Technique|
|Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)Immunology|
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|History of Medicine|
|Preventive and Communicative - Medicine|
|General and -Clinical Pathology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
Our Lady of Fatima University admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs (10)
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- Passport (minimum 18 months validity)
- Birth Certificate
- All documents authorized by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Embassy legalization for all documents
- Visa Fee
- University’s first year tuition fee bank receipt
- NEET Scorecard (If opted)
- HIV Test documents (with negative result)
- Internal Medicine
- General surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Clinical Pathology
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Our Lady of Fatima University
To secure admission in Our Lady of Fatima University, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Student must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to study MBBS at Our Lady of Fatima University.
- Student must have passed all subjects in their 12th standard with English as compulsory subject.
- IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT etc are not Our Lady of Fatima University admission requirement.
Our Lady of Fatima University Admission: Procedure for 2023-24
Our Lady of Fatima University admissions have an easy and smooth process. Our Lady of Fatima University admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available online.
Step. 02Submit the required documents.
- Marksheet of completion of higher secondary education
- NEET Score card (If opted)
- Scanned Passport
Step. 03Our Lady of Fatima University admission office will issue a provisional admission letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04Next step in Our Lady of Fatima University admissions is receiving visa invitation which will be sent by the university.
Step. 05Once you receive the visa invitation, get it stamped by the embassy.
And your dream to study MBBS in abroad will begin!
Our Lady of Fatima University – Important FAQs
Our Lady of Fatima University world rating is 3.5 Star.
Yes, Our Lady of Fatima University fees is quite affordable. Our Lady of Fatima University annual tuition fee is lesser than that in any European country. To help students financially, there are a number of loans that can help students pay Our Lady of Fatima University tuition fee. The university also offers scholarships for bright students.
Yes, after completing medical education at Our Lady of Fatima University you can practice medicine in India. But you need to clear the MCI screening test to be eligible.
OLFU is a good choice for MBBS. Our Lady of Fatima University world rating is 3.5 Star. The university is recognized by MCI, WHO and other esteemed medical organizations. Our Lady of Fatima University tuition fee is budget-friendly as well.
Over 30000 practitioners have graduated from the university.
Average Spending by Indian Students at OLFU (in Pesos)
1 Peso = Approx. INR 1.44/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 80-150 Pesos
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 185 Pesos
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 300-325 Pesos
- Cappuccino: 25-160 Pesos
- Bread for 2 people: 50-80 Pesos
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 20 Pesos
- Average public transport expense: 30 Pesos
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 15-40 Pesos
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 4500-5000 Pesos
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 2500 Pesos
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 3000-5000 Pesos
- Internet Expense: 1800-3000 Pesos
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1500 Pesos
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 2500-5000 Pesos
- Shoes and footwear: 1500- 3000 Pesos
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students near OLFU:
Shomal serves Indian, Persian and Middle Eastern cuisine for days you get tired of eating at the cafeteria. It is a great spot for dinner and conversation with a bunch of friends.
Indian, American, Asian and Philippine food awaits you at Fab Restaurant where you can have a fine dining experience on days you miss home.
When it comes to eating outside, we all just cannot do without pasta, right? Oliva Bistro Café serves Italian, Indian and American food. The perfect café for a Sunday brunch!
Best place to go to when craving for homely food know no bounds! Little India Healthy Cuisine serves Indian and Asian food and has vegan options as well.
Looking for a lavish lunch with friends after a hectic week? Spiral is your best bet. The place serves food from all across the world, so lot of options to choose from!