MBBS in University of Northern Philippines
The University of Northern Philippines is the most reputed and renowned in Vigan, Northern Luzon. Being the oldest of its kind, it was first called Vigan High School in 1906. Now, it is a knowledge-rich government university aged 106.
MCI has ranked University of Northern Philippines higher than most making it a strong choice to pursue MBBS in Philippines.
Holding the most coveted position as the premier state university for two years in a row, the university provides state of the art education not just in medicine, but also in business, administration, accountancy, arts and science, engineering, fine arts, technology, social work, law, criminology, teaching, etc.
1996 was the year this temple of a university ventured into medicine.
Why study MBBS at University of Northern Philippines 2021-22?
The benefits at the university makes the MBBS in University of Northern Philippines extremely sought after:
- Students attain excellence in Medicine and Allied Health Professions in University of Northern Philippines MBBS evolving with the dynamic health system.
- The university helps enhance scientific, clerical, and community-based health researchers to solve local and global concerns, exposing students to more than just an MBBS in University of Northern Philippines.
- There are 20 different kinds of subject matters being taught in University of Northern Philippines, allowing students to learn and live collaboratively.
- English is the medium of instruction in the University of Northern Philippines.
- Due to similar weather conditions, students will be accustomed to the pattern of effects it has on their bodies.
- University of Northern Philippines Government Medical College holds the distinction of level IV.
- The university houses its own health centers and hospital.
- Experienced teaching staff and faculties make MBBS in University of Northern Philippines a good choice to study MBBS abroad.
- University of Northern Philippines is recognized by the MCI, WHO, ECFMG, and FAIMER.
Living in Vigan city
Facts about the Vigan city that is a petri-dish for explorers:
- Established in the 16th century, it is the most intact Spanish colonial town. So much as that it is listed as UNESCO’s world heritage site.
- The architecture of the city reflects the amalgamation of cultures from the east and west.
- Located near river Abra River along the north-western coastline, it covers a total area is 17.25 hectares.
- Tricycles, Jeepneys, and Kalesa (that is Horse-drawn carriages) are commonly used.
- Vigan city speaks in are Ilocano, Tagalog, and English.
- Old Spanish houses, and delicious food such as Empanadas are renowned there.
- The Vigan city has a tropical climate as it lies 15m above sea level.
- The average annual temperature is 27.0 °C.
University of Northern Philippines Ranking 2021-22
University of Northern Philippines world ranking has been denoted by UniRank, a trusted ranking agency.
University of Northern Philippines: Important Dates and Timelines 2021-22
To study MBBS at the University of Northern Philippines for this academic year, adhere to the following timelines and dates
|Commencement of 2021-22 intake cycle||August 2021|
|Commencement of Application||First week August 2021|
|Last Date of Application||August 2021|
|Admission Letter||Within a week|
The University of Northern Philippines - Must Know Facts 2021-22
The table below contains information that will help aspirants visualize the needs and prerogatives to be a part of University of Northern Philippines admissions:
|Intake for MBBS Course at University of Northern Philippines||August 2021|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in HSC or equivalent (PCB)|
|NEET Exam||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|University of Northern Philippines ranking in Philippines||13th Rank|
|University of Northern Philippines Rating||3.2 Stars|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Philippines
List of colleges in Philippines for Clinical Rotation abroad
Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Only these are the Medical Colleges whose students have reported allowed for Clinical Rotations Abroad.
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
MBBS in University of Northern Philippines Fee Structure 2021-22
University of Northern Philippines Fees offers value for money to international students making University of Northern Philippines admissions a doable feat. Below is their annual tuition fees.
|Year||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 5500||$ 3000||$ 3000||$ 3000||$ 3000|
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||17,500 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 12,25,000/-|
1 USD = ₹ 70
Compulsory Clinical Rotation in Philippines - Yes option to do Clinical Abroad
List of Colleges in Philippines Approved Clinicals Rotation Abroad Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Compare University of Northern Philippines - UNP Fees Structure with other Top Colleges in Philippines
Hostel and Accommodation Facility
University of Northern Philippines hostel presents its students with the following amenities
- Comfortable housing facilities for both male and female students.
- These dormitories of the university are provided with bathrooms, kitchen and laundry areas, gymnasium for sports and recreational activities.
- Computer center with speedy internet service, laboratory facilities to perform simulations, audio-visual materials to aid education, research and experimentation, etc.
- Security is ensured by the 24×7 surveillance CCTV facility.
University of Northern Philippines – MBBS Syllabus
MD program in University of Northern Philippines syllabus:
Syllabus for Pre-medical
|Calculus & Analytical|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals Of Genetics|
|Philosophy Of Man|
|Education For Sustainable|
|Cell And Molecular Biology|
|Politics And Governance|
|Rizal's Life, Works, And Writings|
|Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform|
|Histology & Micro-Technique|
|Research In Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing)Immunology|
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|History of Medicine|
|Preventive and Communicative - Medicine|
|General and -Clinical Pathology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
The documents mentioned below is mandatory to complete the admission process to enrol into MBBS in University of Northern Philippines:
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Birth Certificate
- Application form
- NEET scorecard (If opted)
- Official Invitation letter from the University
- Original Passport (Having minimum 18 months validity)
- No Criminal Certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Health and Medical Certificate (including Quarantine report)
- 6 Passport size Photographs
- Language Proficiency Certificate
University of Northern Philippines MBBS - Course Duration-
The MBBS course in the university is of 6 years which is 5 years of MBBS and 1 year of internship.
Eligibility Criteria by University of Northern Philippines for MBBS
University of Northern Philippines requirements are as simple as the University of Northern Philippines admissions for MBBS but are mandatory for students to clear before application:
- HSC or equivalent must be qualified.
- General category: minimum aggregate of 50% marks in PCB.
- IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT etc. is not required, however, HSC must have had English.
- 17 years is minimum and 25 is the maximum age.
Admission Process for MBBS in University of Northern Philippines: Step by Step guide
For a clear picture of University of Northern Philippines admissions into their MBBS course, the following uncomplicated steps are to be taken:
Step. 01Application form must be accurately filled.
Step. 02Attach the following scanned copied of -
- Marksheets of HSC
- NEET (Scorecard) (If opted)
Step. 03After which, an electronic provisional admission letter is sent upon request if the student checks out on all the requisites.
Step. 04University send the student visa invitation upon its preparation.
Step. 05The visa is to be stamped by the Embassy.
University of Northern Philippines – Important FAQs
Apart from the information provided, here are some questions that are asked:
Yes, there are exclusive hostels and cooks available for Indian students in university.
There are both indoor and outdoor gyms at University of Northern Philippines.
They are normal hospitals that involve the students from University of Northern Philippines.
University of Northern Philippines – Address
Following is the address of the University of Northern Philippines admission office and university:
Tamag, Vigan City,
Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 1,000.00 ₱
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 150.00 ₱
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught): 60.00 ₱
- Imported Beer (0.33-liter bottle): 100.00 ₱
- Milk (regular), (1 liter): 86.21 ₱
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 57.64 ₱
- Rice (white), (1kg): 51.02 ₱
- Eggs (regular) (12): 87.96 ₱
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 10.00 ₱
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 500.00 ₱
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 40.00 ₱
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 13.50 ₱
- Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff): 120.00 ₱
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 16,566.93 ₱
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 9,186.72 ₱
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar): 2,079.94 ₱
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...): 1,340.30 ₱
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near University of Northern Philippines
Homely food for every Indian heart.
Affordable portable lunchboxes that remind you of the dabbawallas.
Recommended for a quick-fix of Indian food cravings.
A take on Indian food the explorers.
Slight Indian influence does work like a charm in this adaptations of our food.