MBBS in University of Perpetual Help
With 45 years of glorious existence, University of Perpetual Help was established by the couple Dr. and BGen. Antonio Laperal Tamayo and Dr. Daisy Moran Tamayo on the 5th of February, 1975. Studying MBBS at the University of Perpetual Help for Indian students is a wise choice due to the institute’s location in the beautiful and highly organized city of Las Pinas, Manila, Philippines and the extent of International students it welcomes.
Parallelly known as University of Perpetual Help System Dalta (UPHSD), the campus is a frontrunner when it comes to studying MBBS in Philippines in 2021-22. Having a holistically excellent approach towards the development of students, the university has two well-known campuses – one in Molina and the other in Calamba and both the campuses are abuzz with extra-curricular activities, cultural and academic programs, student societies, well equipped faculty members, a thorough research functionality and a state-of-the-art infrastructure.
You should consider pursuing an MBBS in University of Perpetual Help because it puts in consistent efforts to ensure that its mission of a quality and sustainable education is being achieved year on year.
University of Perpetual Help admissions have started and the application end date is scheduled in August 2021
Why Should You Study at University of Perpetual Help?
The medical education at University of Perpetual Help is on par with the worldly standards and the medical professionals it produces are some of the most well-established doctors in the world. If you need more reasons, here they are:
- It has been recognized by two of the most distinguished medical bodies, the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization. (WHO)
- Admission in University of Perpetual Help would benefit you immensely because the professors and faculty members there have graduated from the likes of Harvard, UCLA, University of London, FEU, PLM, De la Salle, UC Davis and UST.
- Medical education at University of Perpetual Help is rich due to the variety of national and international linkages the institute has.
- The prospect of taking University of Perpetual Help admissions would excite you majorly because it provides review classes for the medical board exam.
- Studying MBBS at University of Perpetual Help would make you proficient to battle in quizzes, inter-collegiate debates, research competitions, etc.
- The degree of medicine offered by the university has a worldwide status and recognition.
- Parent-Teacher meetings are a regular feature here, with detailed information provided to parents regarding their wards.
- The campus houses a massive hospital with a 300 beds capacity inside the campus known as University of Perpetual Help Dalta medical Centre (UPHDMC).
- Studying MBBS at University of Perpetual Help will guarantee excellent job prospects for you because of an in-house placement cell.
- Students passing out of the college have a 100% qualifying rate at the USMLE.
- University of Perpetual Help fees are extremely affordable as per international standards and the returns you get are unimaginable.
- The campus is a comfortable place with all the necessities like hygienic and well-cooked food, convenient accommodation, and high-quality Wi-Fi.
- University of Perpetual Help MBBS is preferred due to its exceptional education equipment and laboratories.
Living In Las Pinas
Highly urbanised and posh, Las Pinas is a bustling city in Metropolitan Manila. With around 627, 602 people living in Las Pinas and one of the fastest growing communities in Philippines, the city was one of the country’s first settlements. It is popularly known for its bamboo organs, jeepney factories, and salt beds throughout the world. It has tourists thronging every year with attractions aplenty:
- Saint Joseph’s Parish (Bamboo Organ Church)
- Yexel's Toy Museum
- Mary Immaculate Parish Nature Church
- PAGCOR Tower
- Bacoor Bay
- Filinvest MTB Trail
- Santuario de San Ezekiel Moreno
- Las Piñas-Parañaque Critical Habitat
- Airsports Adventure Philippines
- St. Jerome Emiliani & Sta. Susana Parish
- Zapote Bridge
University of Perpetual Help: Student Life
The admission requirements at University of Perpetual Help ensures that the quality of students selected would take the institution forward in terms of performance. To ensure that the University of Perpetual Help, Philippines, achieves its world ranking consistently year on year, they ensure that the students are exposed to an array of academic courses, practical exposure with well maintained laboratories, student councils and activities like quizzes, debates, research and other competitions, and mentoring by stalwarts from the likes of Harvard. University of Perpetual Help tuition fee is reasonable and a pleasant investment in contrast to the returns you would get. To make the student life comfortable and convenient all the recreation and leisure facilities are also provided on campus.
University of Perpetual Help And The Cost Of Living
Apart from the University of Perpetual Help tuition fees, the other costs to consider are lesser as compared to studying in other countries. The highly urbanized city of Las Pinas offers the best of Philippian hospitality and comfort at a very reasonable cost. Your basic monthly expenses could look like:
|Particulars||Approx. Range in PHP||Approx. Range in ₹|
|Hostel Charges||8159 Peso||₹ 12,500|
|Food Cost||5510 Peso||₹ 8,442|
|Transport Cost||274 Peso||₹ 420|
Note: ₹ 1 = 0.65 Philippine Peso
Thus, apart from the University of Perpetual Help fees, the cost of living is fairly considerable.
University of Perpetual Help Ranking 2021-22
With all the unique and distinctive offerings, University of Perpetual Help Philippines world ranking is an accolade it strives to attain every year.
University of Perpetual Help Recognition And Accreditation
The place has everything a student would need – Expert mentors, structured pedagogy, infrastructure and facilities, job prospects and students from a variety of backgrounds. To top it all, MBBS in University of Perpetual Help is acclaimed and recognized by distinguished organizations like:
- Medical Council of India approved.
- CHED Philippines approved.
- Medical Board of California, USA recognized.
- Acknowledged in the WHO Directory of Medical Universities.
- World Health Organization approved.
University of Perpetual Help: Course Duration
University of Perpetual Help for its MBBS course comprises of a total 6-year tenure.
- Just like all the MBBS courses at Philippines, University of Perpetual Help offers a 6-year MBBS course for international students.
- The primary medium of instruction and teaching at the university is English.
- University of Perpetual Help for MBBS is a mix of practical and theoretical exposure by esteemed and well-trained professors.
- The course structure includes 5 years of MBBS along with a 1-year internship.
The University: Important Dates and Timelines 2021-22
For taking admission in University of Perpetual Help, you need to look at the following dates and timelines and ensure that you complete your application accordingly:
|Commencement of the 2021-22 Admissions Cycle||August 2021|
|Commencement of Application||August 2021|
|Admission Letter||Within 2 Weeks of Application|
University of Perpetual Help: Must Know Facts 2021-22
The MBBS course at University of Perpetual Help has some important things you need to keep in mind:
|Intake for MBBS Course at University of Perpetual Help||August 2021|
|Location||Las Pinas City, Manila, Philippines|
|Basic Eligibility||At least 50% in higher secondary and an aggregate 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English for General Category students along with a 40% minimum score for Reserved Category students.|
|NEET Exam||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.|
|University of Perpetual Help ranking in Philippines||9th Rank|
|University of Perpetual Help Rating||3.5 Stars|
|Course Duration||5.8 years|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||
Not Available - only in Philippines
List of colleges in Philippines for Clinical Rotation abroad
Note: This saves your year and give you hands on experience in the country where you want to practice your profession.
Only these are the Medical Colleges whose students have reported allowed for Clinical Rotations Abroad.
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
University of Perpetual Help Fee Structure
University of Perpetual Help fees is quite rational when you look at the quality of education it provides.
Have a look at University of Perpetual Help Fees:
|2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||$ 8000||$ 8000||$ 6000||$ 4000||$ 4000|
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||30000 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 21,00,000/-|
University of Perpetual Help annual tuition fees and the accomodation cost needs to be paid in Philippian Peso only.
University of Perpetual Help hostel fee is annually paid.
University of Perpetual Help tuition fees and other charges need to consider the exchange rates on that day.
The approximate conversion rate of INR to Peso is 0.65.
University of Perpetual Help: Hostel And Accomodation Facilities
Pursuing MBBS abroad could also be challenging when it comes to leaving your place and getting accustomed to a new style of living. However, the university has fully furnished, luxurious rooms with all the basic amenities in place.
- Comfortable rooms acceptable by everyone.
- Shared hostel rooms.
- Hostels for boys and girls are separate.
- The hostel mess provides freshly cooked meals three times a day.
- The hostel premises also house a special kitchen for students to cook the food of their choice.
- Constant and quality internet supply.
- Entirely power-backed hostel buildings.
- Air conditioned and well-ventilated rooms.
- Heating facility is available for students’ perusal too.
- Indian students need not worry as they will get fresh and authentic Indian food, too.
- Both hot and cold-water supply is made available.
- The hostel premises also include washing machines and refrigerators in the common area.
- The hostel area and the campus hold everything from grocery stores, stationery shops, cafes and restaurants, hospital and medical centres, to a sports complex for the convenience of students.
- Gymnasium and Laundry facilities at the hostel.
- Full time security guards and wardens with proper training and education.
- The hostel rooms include all the basic utilities like pillows, bedsheets, tables and chairs, blankets and bed, a bathroom and a fan.
MBBS in University of Perpetual Help – The Syllabus
If all the recognitions and the facilities have not interested you, the institute’s exhaustive and all-inclusive syllabus will definitely attract you.
Syllabus for Pre-medical
|Calculus & Analytical|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals of Genetics|
|Philosophy of Man|
|Education for Sustainable|
|Cell and Molecular Biology|
|Politics and Governance|
|Rizal's Life, Works, And Writings|
|Econ. / Taxation & Agrarian Reform|
|Histology & Micro-technique|
|Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis Writing) Immunology|
MBBS (MD) Syllabus
|History of Medicine|
|General And -Clinical Pathology|
Syllabus for Pre-medical
|Preventive and Communicative|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
University of Perpetual Help: Medium Of Teaching
Studying MBBS in Philippines would put you off at first due to the understandable language barriers. However, the university operates entirely in the English Language. It would hence be easy for you to complete your studies there.
University of Perpetual Help: Documents Required
The admission office at the University of Perpetual Help has mandated the following documents for you to have:
- The Application Form
- Duly authenticated academic records of your previous education.
- Passing Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Fee Receipt of University of Perpetual Help admission.
- Your Birth Certificate duly signed.
- The NEET examination scoresheet and admit card (If opted)
- For international students, it is compulsory to submit a Passport copy with a valid stay.
- 3X3 colored copies of your three recent passport photographs.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character.
- Bureau of Quarantine issued Medical Certificate.
- Physiological Clearance
- NBI or Police Clearance
- NCA Clearance
- Either your student visa or a special study permit
- Maritime results of ISHIHARA and Audiometry results
- After all of these documents, you need to carry along with you a brown envelope and a long, white file/folder.
University of Perpetual Help Faculty and Courses Offered
Studying MBBS abroad could be challenging due to a variety of reasons, one being the absence of significant courses. Apart from MBBS in University of Perpetual Help, the other courses it offers are in the fields of Nursing and Dentistry.
University of Perpetual Help: The Eligibility Criteria
The admission requirements at the University of Perpetual Help are simple and easy to follow.
- You need to either have completed 17 years of age before taking admission or prior to the 31st of December of the year you will take admission in.
- Grade 12th with the courses of Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English is mandatory.
- Your higher secondary score needs to be a minimum of 60%.
- A minimum aggregate of 50% for general category students in the combined subject scores of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English is essential along with a minimum aggregate of 40% in the same for reserved categories.
- Taking the NEET undergrad examination is a must.
University of Perpetual Help Admission: The Procedure
The MBBS course at the University of Perpetual Help requires you to submit all the important documents within time. The steps in the process are:
Step. 01Go to the university’s official website and fill the online application form correctly.
Step. 02Go to the university’s official website and fill the online application form correctly.
Step. 03Next, the application form prints have to be taken along with your recent passport sized photographs.
Step. 04After the documentation, they schedule interviews for aspirants.
Step. 05After the institute work, you need to apply for your Visa and get the processes done.
Step. 06Lastly, you will receive your Passport to fulfill your journey.
University of Perpetual Help - Important FAQs
University of Perpetual Help operates and teaches in the English Language.
University of Perpetual Help does not hold or need any entrance exam for admission.
University of Perpetual Help’s world rating is 3 Star and it has prestigious recognitions to its name like the MCI and WHO.
The university has scheduled its application end date in August 2021
With University of Perpetual Help world ranking and the competitive course it offers, the degree is definitely valid in all the countries. You need to qualify the MCI Screening Test to practice wherever it is required.
6 years of academic MBBS along with a 1-year internship is compulsory for all students taking admission at the University of Perpetual Help.
The university hostel fees would cost you around ₹12,500 per month.
University of Perpetual Help Reviews
Going for an MBBS in Philippines in the year 2021-22 with all its hurdles was a difficult choice for me. However, the trained and supportive professors at University of Perpetual Help are some of the best mentors in medicine you would get in the world. I did not want to lose out on that opportunity, and today, I can say that I made the best decision of my life.
I wanted to send my daughter for studying MBBS abroad. But the admission process involved was tiresome and the authorities not very helpful in the places I found. However, University of Perpetual Help admission office is one of the most sophisticated, professional and cooperative offices I know and looking at the college and its expertise, our journey there was extremely smooth.
I did not want to go for MBBS in abroad mostly due to the high costs involved. However, the University of Perpetual Help fees was extremely affordable for me. The costs involved were of immense value for money and I absolutely do not regret my decision.
University of Perpetual Help world ranking is amazing to look at! It comes in the top 10,000 colleges in the world and that is something I did not want to miss out on. The course of my study proves a testament to this ranking of the college. Not only this, the fees at University of Perpetual Help along with the excellent facilities there is an attraction for sure.
University of Perpetual Help Address
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, Las Pinas Campus
Almanza Uno, Las Pinas,
1740 Metro Manila,
Student Average Expenditure in Las Pinas, Manila, Philippines
Cost of Food
- Meal at an inexpensive restaurant: 175 Peso
- Meal for two people at a mid-range priced restaurant for a three-course: 800 Peso
- Combo meal at McDonalds: 150 Peso
- Water for a 0.33 litres bottle: 23 Peso
- Regular Coffee: 122.50 Peso
Cost of Travel
- Local Transport Ticket for one-way: 10 Peso
- Monthly Pass for the Local Transport: 960 Peso
- Taxi Fare for 1 Kms: 13.50 Peso
- Combined spending on electricity, water, garbage, cooling, and heating for an 85m2 space: 7625 Peso
- Local Prepaid Mobile Fare for 1 Minute: 7.50 Peso
- Unlimited Internet at 60 mbps or more: 2042.71 Peso
- A pair of Jeans: 1720 Peso
- A pair of mid-range running shoes: 4333.33 Peso
- A one-bedroom apartment at the heart of the city: 13, 250Peso
- A one-bedroom apartment at the outskirts of the city: 9250 Peso
Top 5 Hangout Spots Near The University Campus:
This homely place might look like a cornerstone, but the authentic North and South Indian cuisine they make will delight you and keep you connected to India.
Gorgeous seating, great ambience and the best Ramen in town! Yushoken is your go-to for all things Asian.
The European fare they offer at Bamba Bistro will take you straight to the medieval lands of charming Europe! Their delish food will make you wanting for more.
Everyone has dessert cravings every once in a while, and the lip-smacking Italian desserts at Conti’s will get you addicted to the place. Head over at weekends with your friends and rejuvenate for the entire week ahead!
Sensei is Japan coming to Las Pinas and satisfying everyone with immaculate Japanese hospitality. The place is hands down the best Sushi bar in Metro Manila and you could spend a calming evening there absorbed in Japanese food.