- Capital of the province of Cebu, the city has a population of 2849213 people.
- Cebu is surrounded by Mandaue, Toledo, towns of Balamban and Talisay City.
- People speak Cebuano, which is their native language. However, a significant number of people speak English.
- The city has a tropical climate, with average temperature as 27-29 degree Celsius.
Student Life & Facilities: MBBS in UV Gullas College of Medicine
Medical education at UV Gullas College of Medicine opens up a whole new world for students. They enjoy a thriving academic life and a vibrant social one as well.
- Students are introduced to diverse cultures and people from different walks of life.
- The campus provides ample infrastructure for both intellectual and social endeavours.
- Teaching staff at the university understands the various needs of international students and are ready to aid them in everything.
- Along with quality education, students find themselves among amicable crowds in Philippines.
- Indian students who study MBBS abroad find themselves home food-wise due to easy availability of Indian food during MBBS course in Philippines.
- MBBS course in Philippines leans towards practical application of knowledge. Thus, University of Visayas Gullas College of Medicine designs courses that equip students for the real world.
- There are various programs for international students that prepare them for USMLE and MCI screening test. This makes the choice to study MBBS at UV Gullas College of Medicine for Indian students a great one.
UV Gullas College of Medicine World Ranking and Recognition
UVGCM is recognized by NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC
UV Gullas College of Medicine Admissions: Important Dates 2022-23
In order to secure your admission in UV Gullas College of Medicine for MBBS in Philippines 2022-23, adhere to the following important dates.
|Commencement of 2022-23 intake cycle||August 2022/January 2023|
|Commencement of Application||August 2022/January 2023|
|Admission Letter||within four working days|
UV Gullas College of Medicine – Must Know Facts 2022-23
To study MBBS at UV Gullas Medical College, you need to keep in the mind the following details:
|Intake for MBBS Course at UV Gullas
College of Medicine
|August 2022 & January 2023|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue the medical profession in India.|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine
ranking in Philippines
|UV Gullas College of Medicine
|Course Duration||4.8 years + 1 year clinicals (Clinicals can be done in Europe, USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE and India)|
|One Year Clinical Rotation Abroad||Yes Available - USA, UK, Europe, UAE, Australia, Canada, India|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
MBBS in UV Gullas College of Medicine Fee Structure 2022-23
UV Gullas College of Medicine fees requirement is quite affordable for Indian students. UV Gullas College of Medicine annual tuition fee is actually less than any private medical university in India. Year-wise break up of fees for MBBS in UV Gullas College of Medicine is given below:
|Annual Course Fee in USD||4000 USD|
|Annual Course Fee in Indian Rupees||₹ 2,80,000/-|
|Hostel fees with Indian Food per month||200 USD|
|Total Course Fees||19800 USD|
|Total Course Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 13,86,000/-|
Note: 1 USD - INR 70 (approximate)
UV Gullas College of Medicine fees mentioned above is approximate and subject to change as per fluctuation in exchange rate of currency.
Hostel & Accommodation Facilities
Accommodation is available for international students (boys and girls) who come to study MBBS in Philippines at UV Gullas College of Medicine.
- The university provides a modern hostel infrastructure with separate wings for boys and girls.
- UV Gullas College of Medicine hostel is located on campus and is under surveillance 24x7.
- Basic facilities like WiFi, food, beverages, heaters etc are available in the hostel premises. There is free parking outside the hostel.
- Study area is provided for all students for exam preparations and regular homework.
- UV Gullas College of Medicine reviews confirm that the premises are conducive to concentration for young medics as they prepare for a bright future.
UV Gullas College of Medicine MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at UV Gullas College of Medicine introduces students to a vast syllabus that prepares them for every step in their careers. Syllabus covered during MBBS in Philippines at UVGCM is as follows:
|Preventive medicine & community health|
|Principle of Medical Practice|
|Pharmacology and Microbiology|
|Parapsychology and Clinical pathology|
|Principle of Medical practice|
|Preventive Medicine and community Health|
|Surgery and Psychiatry|
|Obstetrics and paediatrics|
|Preventive Medicine and Community Health|
|Surgery and Pediatrics|
|Obstetrics and Pharmacology|
|Pediatrics and Surgery|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Psychiatry and Radiology|
|Preventive medicine & Community health|
UV Gullas College of Medicine: Documents Required
UV Gullas College of Medicine admission requirement is preparation of certain documents. Necessary documents for UV Gullas College of Medicine admissions for MBBS in Philippines 2022-23 are listed below:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Undergraduate/Graduate certificates
- NEET score card (If Opted)
- Birth Certificate
- 2” x 2” photographs (2)
- Application form
- Passport (original copy)
- Income proof of parents or guardian
- Student VISA
Faculties at UVGCM
Following are the courses offered at UV Gullas College of Medicine for MBBS:
- Anatomy and Surgery
- Therapeutics and Pharmacology
- Preventive and Social Medicine
- Clinical Research
- Pathology and Microbiology
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Dentistry and Nursing
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in UV Gullas College of Medicine
Admission requirement to study MBBS course in Philippines is as follows:
- Aspirants must secure more than 50% marks in chemistry, biology, or botany and zoology and physics in 10+2.
- Clearing NEET examination is NOT mandatory for students to study MBBS at UV Gullas College of Medicine for Indian students. However, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- Students must be 17 years of age on December 31 of the year in which the admission is taken.
Admission Process for MBBS in UV Gullas College of Medicine
The process of UV Gullas College of Medicine admissions is quite smooth. A step-by-step guide is given below:
Step. 01Fill the online application.
Step. 02Submit the required documents.
- Marksheet of 10+2
- NEET score card (If Opted)
- Scanned Passport
Step. 03After completion of the above steps, selected students will receive a provisional admission letter (in electronic format).
Step. 04UV Gullas College of Medicine admission office will mail you the visa invitation once it is ready.
Step. 05After receiving the visa invitation, you need to get it stamped from the Embassy.
Once these steps are done, your admission in UV
Gullas College of Medicine is secured!
FAQs for UV Gullas, Philippines
UV gullas college of medicine for MBBS is recognized by CHED, General Council of Medicine of Great Britain, MCI, WHO, ECFMG, US education department, FAIMER, Medical Council of California, Medical Council of Thailand and the Medical Council of Canada. UV Gullas College of Medicine world rating is 4.8 Star.
Aspirant must have obtained minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, Biology. Clearing NEET exam is NOT compulsory for Indian students to study MBBS abroad. However, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
Yes, you must pass the NEXT - National Exit Test to enrol in higher studies after completion of MBBS in abroad.
Yes, once you clear the NEXT - National Exit Test, you can practice medicine in India after MBBS in abroad. NEXT is mandatory to qualify regardless you study in India or Abroad.
Yes, MBBS is called MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Philippines technically its superior as its American MD accepted world-wide.
Yes, there are branches of the UVGCM in India – UV Gullas College of Medicine International Campus for Pre-Medical : Pune, UV Gullas College of Medicine Rajkot, UV Gullas College of Medicine Mumbai and UV Gullas College of Medicine Chennai.
UV Gullas College of Medicine Philippines world rating is 4.8 Star.
Yes, UV Gullas College of Medicine fees is affordable for Indian students. In fact, UV Gullas College of Medicine tuition fee is actually less than any private medical university in India.
Average Spending by Indian Students at UVGCM (in Pesos)
1 Peso = Approx. ₹ 1.44/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 70-300 Pesos
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 120-200 Pesos
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 500-700 Pesos
- Cappuccino: 50-180 Pesos
- Bread for 2 people: 35-100 Pesos
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 16-50 Pesos
- Average public transport expense: 50 Pesos
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 40-50 Pesos
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 10000-25000 Pesos
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 6000-20000 Pesos
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 3000-10000 Pesos
- Internet Expense: 1500-3000 Pesos
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 500-2000 Pesos
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 2500-5000 Pesos
- Shoes and footwear: 1500- 3000 Pesos
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near UVGCM
This small restaurant offers authentic Indian food with all the spices and homeland flavors. The Spice is a good eating spot for vegetarians.
The Famous Indian Curry house is known for its savoury Indian curries, as the name suggests.
The Detox Bar serves Japanese, Indian, Philippine, Mediterranean, Asian and Thai cuisine. This is a great hangout spot for international students pursuing MBBS abroad.
Known for its bright ambiance, Bollywood Tandoor serves Indian food that is vegetarian friendly. On those nights you do not feel like cooking, this is the place to be!
Feria serves Indian, Japanese and other international dishes. It is one of the best know restaurants in Cebu City.