MBBS in Altai State Medical University
Opened to foreign students who want to study MBBS in Russia in 1991, Altai State Medical University has established a robust and world-class quality in medical education more than any in the West Siberian region. Altai Medical University has grown to become one of the all-in-all hubs nurturing global academia and cultures alike.
They have a large contribution in all the current medical projects relying on innovation and research giving first-hand information to the students who come to secure this MBBS abroad.
Altai Medical University has graduated about 30,000 students over the years. Approximately 4000 students apply to the university's medical programmes every year. The majority of the students come from countries such as India, Iraq, Bangladesh, Germany, Kyrgyzstan, and others.
Why study MBBS at Altai State Medical University 2021-22?
MBBS at Altai State Medical University comes with benefits that make it an attractive choice:
- Safety of students is paramount and individual care is taken for the same by Altai Medical University.
- The cost of living and studying at Altai Medical University is affordable.
- There are opportunities galore for students after completion of the MBBS in Altai State Medical University.
- Educators with a lot of experience and a lot of innovative techniques.
- Training and internship programmes are offered by affiliated hospitals
- There are no demanded contribution or capitation fees
- Clinical experience is provided to improve students' practical skills.
Living in Altai Krai City
Altai Krai is an area in Western Siberia that is part of the Siberian federal district and is situated in the south-east of Russia. It is a popular destination for adventure tourists interested in hunting, fishing, mountaineering, and other activities.
The region facilitates the transportation of goods from Russia's western regions to Central Asia. The Altai area is surrounded by natural resources such as water and minerals.
Being a scenic place, climates can change the scenes drastically. The temperature drops to -30°C in the winter. The area has a hot continental climate in the summer, with hot dry days and cool nights.
Facilities at Altai State Medical University
Besides education and curriculum expertise, student life at Altai Medical University is very fun and enjoyable:
- The educational atmosphere is supplemented by events and programmes for students, ensuring that academics and curriculums remain balanced.
- The student body, which is made up of students, solves all of the students' potential problems.
- All student competitions, activities, and issues are handled by the students' council.
- Students can use the sports club, gym, and other services to boost their health and keep themselves at their best selves.
Altai State Medical University Ranking 2021-22
The following is the State Medical University world ranking and country ranking:
Altai State Medical University: Important Dates and Timelines 2021
To study MBBS at Altai State Medical University for Indian students, the following is paramount to adhere to:
|Commencement of 2021-22 intake cycle||September, 2021|
|Last Date of Application||September, 2021|
|Admission Letter||Within two weeks|
Altai State Medical University - Must Know Facts 2021-22
MBBS in Altai Medical University is an aspirant’s dream that can be fulfilled by fulfilling the following:
|Basic Eligibility||HSC or equivalent with 50%|
|NEET Exam||Not required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Last Date to Apply||September, 2021|
|Course Fee||₹ 2.96 lakhs/year|
|Course Duration||6 years (Including 1-year internship)|
|Altai State Medical University ranking in Russia||194th Rank|
|Altai State Medical University rating||3 Star|
|Universities Recognition By||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
|Medium of Instruction||English / Russian|
MBBS in Altai State Medical University Fee Structure 2021-22
Altai State Medical University fees are easy on a student’s budget compared to the other MBBS abroad. Following is the Altai State Medical University fees structure:
|ALTAI STATE MEDICAL
|1st Year Fees||2nd to 6th year Fees||Total of 6
years MBBS Fees
|TUITION FEE/YR.||4000 USD||4000 USD/Yr.||-|
|HOSTEL FEE/YR.||700 USD||700 USD/Yr.||-|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||4700 USD||4800 USD/Yr.||24,000 US DOLLARS|
|FEES IN INDIAN RUPEES||₹ 3,48,000||₹ 3,48,000/Year||₹17,78,000
1 [email protected] ₹75
Caution : There have been several cases in the past where students have complained about a majority of Medical colleges having bilingual courses, that is 3 years in English and 3 years in Russian.
While this is true, this confusion is created majorly because of the inefficiency and fraudulence of several educational consultants who proclaim the fact that only the clinical subjects are in Russians and that the Russian language could be easily learned by the students over the course of their stay.
Note: The above is subject to change. Please call the university to get clarity regarding Altai State Medical University fees.
Hostel and Accommodation Facility
For the comfort of students, the Altai State Medical University hostel offers five separate dormitories. Basic services and facilities are offered in all of the dormitories:
- The first hostel has five floors and 75 rooms. With 2 and 3-bed sharing rooms, a total of 175 students will stay here.
- The second hostel has 76 rooms that can accommodate 152 students on a shared basis.
- Surveillance cameras and monitoring are installed in all of the dormitories.
- All of the required furniture is given in the departing rooms.
- Students have access to a kitchen with electric stoves, bathrooms with washing machines, and ironing equipment.
Altai State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
Students may use the table below to get an idea of the composition of the MBBS in Altai State Medical University:
|Anatomy and Histology|
|Psychology & Pedagogy|
|Micro-Biology and Path physiology|
|Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine|
Year 4- 6
|Semester 7- Semester 12|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Neurology and Psychiatry|
|Primary Care medicine|
Following are the Altai State Medical University admission requirements to clear eligibility with ease:
- High School Certificate
- Copy of passport
- Application form
- Language proficiency certificate
- Medical certificate
- Birth certificate
- 2 passport size photographs
Eligibility Criteria by Altai State Medical University for MBBS
The eligibility of students is measured using the following filters. MBBS course at Altai State Medical University admissions needs the following:
- The minimum age should be 17 and the maximum age should be 25 years before the 31st December of the year of the admission process.
- HSC or equivalent passed from the recognized institute/university.
- HSC with minimum 50% aggregate in PCB.
- NEET exam is not mandatory; however it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
Admission Process for MBBS in Altai State Medical University: Step by Step guide
Altai State Medical University admissions are simple and follow just the following steps:
Step 1: Apply OnlineForms are available on the university portal. The documents required will be requested for in this step.
Step 2: Get the invitation letterAn issue with the official invitation letter after reviewing the applications will be done.
Step 3: Pay Enrollment ExpensesPay application fees to confirm your seats for Altai State Medical University admissions.
Step 4: Apply for the visaWith the admission letter and fee receipt, students can apply for a student visa.
Step 5: Inform the date of arrivalInform date of arrival before seven days of your arrival to Altai State Medical University admissions office.
Altai State Medical University MBBS - Course Duration
The duration of all MBBS in Russia including in Saratov State Medical University is as follows:
After admissions to Saratov State Medical University, it offers a six-year MBBS programme, which includes a one-year internship.
Altai State Medical University – Important FAQs
Besides the information provided, the following are some frequently asked questions:
No, but there are several governmental sanctioned scholarships an aspirant can research about.
Yes, Altai Medical University is globally recognised.
Yes, there are several Indian students among the foreign students and several apply every year.
Altai State Medical University – Address
The following is the address of Altai State Medical University: Prospekt Lenina, 40, Barnaul, Altai Krai, Russia, 656038
Cost of Living in Altai Krai City
Altai Krai City is cheaper than metros in India. It is an inexpensive place for a student studying MBBS in Russia and one can get a lot on a small budget.
Average Spending by Indian Students at Altai State Medical University, Altai Krai City
Following are the tentative expenses a student will face for everyday equipment:
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 400.00 руб350.00-500.00
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 2,000.00 руб1,500.00-2,500.00
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 225.00 руб225.00-225.00
- Milk (regular), (1 liter): 53.57 руб50.00-60.00
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 34.00 руб25.00-60.00
- Rice (white), (1kg): 56.50 руб49.00-75.00
- Eggs (regular) (12): 66.17 руб46.80-72.00
- Apples (1kg): 110.00 руб50.00-120.00
- Banana (1kg): 69.67 руб50.00-100.00
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 25.00 руб23.00-25.00
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 1,040.00 руб800.00-1,500.00
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 110.00 руб100.00-150.00
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 15.00 руб10.00-30.00
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 16,285.71 руб 13,000.00-20,000.00
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 11,571.43 руб 10,000.00-14,000.00
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre: 23,000.00 руб 18,000.00-30,000.00
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar): 2,714.29 руб1,500.00-5,000.00
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...): 2,116.67 руб
- 1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range): 5,214.29 руб 3,000.00-10,000.00