MBBS in I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University
Best known for its notable alumni and contribution to public healthcare system in Russia, I.M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University is a leading university in Moscow, Russia. The university is popularly called First Moscow Medical University. Over 19000 students study and research at I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University, among which about 3500 are international students from across the world.
Benefits of MBBS in First Moscow State Medical University
MBBS course at First Moscow State Medical University opens up various avenues for its students. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Russia at I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University.
- I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University is one of the oldest and most renowned medical institution in Russia with a long list of notable alumni.
- MBBS in First Moscow State Medical University offers a well-rounded syllabus with a large room for innovation in the sciences. The university is devoted towards encouraging students to venture in new directions.
- Equipped with multiple faculties, medical education at First Moscow State Medical University follows a multidisciplinary approach with focus on training students practically. As its motto, ‘Medicine of the Future’ the university opens up a worldview for students that is beyond theoretical knowledge.
- First Moscow State Medical University tuition fee is affordable. Students save costs as there is no entrance examination for admission in First Moscow State Medical University. The university does not extract any donation either.
- Medical education at First Moscow State Medical University is conducted mostly in English, along with Russian. Indian students need not learn any new language to study MBBS course in Russia.
- After MBBS at I.M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, students are eligible to apply for PLAB and USMLE.
- I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University has a huge library and great infrastructure for students.
- The crowd at the university comprises of Russian as well as international students. Students have the opportunity to learn about people from other cultures and countries as they pursue MBBS abroad in Russia.
- First Moscow State Medical University Russia world rating is 2.8 star.
- The capital of Russia, Moscow is the cultural, economic and political center of the country.
- The city has invested hugely in its infrastructure and transportation.
- Moscow is popular for its historic architecture and rich culture.
- The city receives moderate continental climate. January is the coldest month when temperature can drop in minus.
- The summers are not too hot. Average temperature remains 18-20 degree Celsius.
Students’ Life: I.M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
Diverse student crowd at I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University makes the campus life vibrant and charged with a multicultural ambiance. The university provides ample infrastructure and opportunities for students to live vicariously during their MBBS in First Moscow State Medical University.
- Administration at I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University supports students in organizing various academic and extra-curricular events. Students societies hold seminars, conferences and guest lectures for everyone to encourage a holistic learning.
- Student tours to popular and historic sites in Russia are organized as well. People get a chance to explore the city as well as socialize with fellow students and teachers.
- Other cultural annual events are also arranged by students like dance competitions, pageants etc at First Moscow Medical University.
- I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University has well-developed sports infrastructure. There is a tennis court, Basketball court, swimming pool and other recreational zones.
- Soccer, Volleyball, Hockey and many other sporting events are organised annually for students at First Moscow State Medical University.
First Moscow State Medical University world ranking and Recognition
MBBS course at First Moscow State Medical University is recognized by WHO, NMC and Ministry of Education, Azerbaijan.
I.M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University: Important Dates 2021-22
For First Moscow State Medical University admissions 2021-2022 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates-
|Commencement of 2021-22 intake cycle||September, 2021|
|Commencement of Application||September, 2021|
|Call Letter||within the next 3-4 weeks|
I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University: Must Know Facts 2021-22
To secure First Moscow Sate Medical University admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2021-22||September 2021|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||Secondary School Certificate with PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Mandatory, however will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 6,82,500/- per year (9750 USD per year)|
|Course Duration||6 years (including 1 year of internship)|
|Medium of Instruction||English and Russian|
|First Moscow Medical University Ranking in Russia||38|
|First Moscow Medical University World Ratings||2.8 Star|
|University Recognized by||NMC, WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, MCC|
First Moscow State Medical University Fee Structure MBBS 2021-22
First Moscow State Medical University fees is manageable for its students studying MBBS in Russia 2021-22.
Year-wise details of First Moscow State Medical University fees is given below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2 – Year 6|
|Course Fee||9,750 USD||9,750 USD (each year)|
|Hostel and Food Charges||1000 USD||300 USD (each year)|
|Medical + Insurance||250 USD||250 USD (each year)|
|Total in USD||11,000 USD||10,300 USD (each year)|
|Total in INR||₹ 7,70,000/-||₹ 7,21,000/- (each year)|
Note: 1 USD - ₹ 70
One-time expenses (Registration charges), food charges, etc. can be up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
First Moscow State Medical University annual tuition fee and hostel charges are given above.
First Moscow State Medical University MBBS fees mentioned is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Hostel and Accommodation
First Moscow State Medical University hostel is available for all students, including international students who come to Russia for MBBS in abroad. Affordable and easy accommodation makes the choice to study MBBS in Russia a good one.
- First Moscow State Medical University reviews confirm that the hostel premises have fully furnished rooms with basic facilities like beds, shelves, fans, chairs, wardrobe, bathrooms and study desks.
- The hostel premises are under 24x7 CCTV surveillance. Security is maintained all day around the hostel.
- 24x7 Wi-Fi connectivity is available for students.
- Boys and girls have separate wings for accommodation. International students have a separate wing with more facilities. Rooms are allotted on sharing basis.
- After first year, students can opt for private accommodation near the university if they wish to live more independently.
First Moscow State Medical University MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at First Moscow Medical University aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
The course includes 5 years of classroom learning with a distinguished faculty and one year of internship in the final year of the course which gives the students practical training for practice.
Here is the detailed syllabus of First Moscow State Medical University for MBBS:
|Principles of Clinical Medicine|
|Fourth Year – Sixth Year|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Primary Care Medicine|
Faculties offered in First Moscow State Medical University for MBBS
- General Medicine
- Healthcare and Economics
- Preventive Medicine
- Postgraduate Training
- Preparatory Studies
- Higher Nursing Training
- Management and Economics of Health
I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University: Documents Required
First Moscow State Medical University admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs (6)
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Student Visa
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard (if opted)
- Medical Certificate
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in First Moscow State Medical University
To secure admission in First Moscow State Medical University, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to study MBBS at First Moscow State Medical University.
- First Moscow State Medical University admission requirement does not require NEET examination. However, if the student wishes to pursue a profession in India then NEET will be required.
- Possessing a valid passport is necessary to study MBBS abroad in Russia.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
First Moscow Medical University: Admission Procedure
First Moscow State Medical University admissions have an easy and smooth process. First Moscow State Medical University admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for First Moscow State Medical University admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on the university’s website.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities. All the documents need to be translated into Russian.
Step. 03First Moscow State Medical University admission office will issue a provisional admission letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete.
Step. 04After receiving the admission letter, the student can apply for student visa for MBBS abroad in Russia.
Step. 05Once the university sends the visa invitation, the student needs to get it stamped at the Embassy of Russian Federation.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
I.M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University: FMGE Performance 2019
|Name of Institution||Appeared||Total Passed||Pass Percentage|
|I.M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University||29||4||13.79|
I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University - Important FAQs
First Moscow State Medical University fee is 7 to 8 lakhs per annum in INR. First Moscow State Medical University fee is relatively higher than other universities to study MBBS abroad in Russia. But the quality of education at I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University is world-class and opens many opportunities for students after completion of their course.
Yes, First Moscow State Medical University admissions are open for all international students. Currently, 800 Indian students study MBBS at First Moscow State Medical University.
First Moscow State Medical University MBBS is 6 years long, including 5 years classroom learning and 1 year of clinical internship under distinguished professionals.
Is it possible to transfer to I.M Sechenov First Moscow Medical University from another university.
First Moscow Medical University is a great option for Indian students to pursue MBBS. First Moscow State Medical University tuition fee is affordable. Offering a universally acknowledged degree, First Moscow State Medical University world rating is 2.8 star. First Moscow Medical University application process begins in September 2021.
Average Spending in Moscow, Russia during MBBS Abroad
Note - 1 Russian Ruble (RUB) = Approx. INR 0.99/-
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 350-800 RUB
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 250-400 RUB
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 2000-6000 RUB
- Cappuccino: 80-300 RUB
- Bread for 2 people: 30-80 RUB
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 100-120 RUB
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 1800-2900 RUB
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 100-250 RUB
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 50000-90000 RUB
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 30000-45000 RUB
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 6000-12500 RUB
- Internet Expense: 350-700 RUB
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1500-6000 RUB
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 3000-8000 RUB
- Shoes and footwear: 5000-14000 RUB
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Moscow
The place serves Indian, Chinese and Peruvian food, a perfect blend of familiar dishes with scope for new options.
Have a fine dining experience at Darbars, restaurant that serves delicious Indian food with a range of vegetarian options.
Dzhagannat is the perfect place for Asian and Indian food with your friends. The place also has fast food available.
When you miss the homely Indian thali with dals and vegetables, Moscow-Delhi is the place to be. They serve Indian food with lot of vegetarian dishes.
Another restaurant that will never let you down when you miss food from your country, Khajuraho serves Indian and Asian cuisine. Vegetarian options are available here.