MBBS in Northern State Medical University
If getting into a University to study MBBS abroad, which offers great quality of education at affordable fees, is your goal, then the Northern State Medical University is the place to be. Established in 1932, the medical education at Northern Medical University is considered to be one of the most renowned courses and thus has a very high Northern Medical University ranking.
The University has ties with international institutes and some of the renowned hospitals in Russia, thus widening the overall scope of the course and enhancing the northern medical university Russia ranking.
MBBS in Northern State Medical University : Benefits
Studying MBBS in Northern Medical University has the following advantages:
- The medical education at Northern Medical University has a long legacy of delivering top-quality education.
- Northern Medical University fees are affordable.
- Northern Medical University world ranking and country ranking is great and is a proof of the quality of education provided there.
- English as well as Russian can be chosen by the students as the medium of education by the students at Northern Medical University for MBBS.
- The availability of Indian food makes it very much comfortable to study MBBS at Northern Medical University for Indian Students.
Arkhangelsk City - A glimpse
The Arkhangelsk city is an administrative centre of Arkhangelsk Oblast, in the north of Western Russia. It is also known as Archangel in English. The city experiences cold weather throughout the year.
Founded in 1584, this city has a long history and thus has many places of attraction for the students who come to study MBBS abroad. Pamyatnik Tyuleniy-Spasitelya, Novodvorskaya Krepost, Monument to Peter the Great in Arkhangelsk, Museum Small Karelians and the Arkhangelsk regional museum are the main tourist attractions of the city.
The city has a population of around 3.5 lakhs and the total area is around 294 sq.km.
NSMU - Facilities and Infrastructure offered
- The University provides a fully functional and richly stacked library which offers students access to a vast ocean of knowledge.
- The university provides options for recreational activities that the student may want to indulge in, like, sports and cultural activities.
- Airport, bus station, grocery shops, ATM, restaurants, stationery shops etc can be found easily around the campus.
- The Hostels are well-equipped with all the necessary facilities and provide a comfortable stay to the students away from their homes.
The Northern Medical University Russia world ranking and country ranking are as follows:
Northern Medical University MBBS : Recognition and accreditation
Northern Medical University world ranking is a reflection of the recognitions that the University has been granted with:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Northern State Medical University admissions: Important dates
In order to secure your admission for the 2022-23 admission cycle, it is important that the students adhere to the following important timelines and dates-
|Last Date for Admission Forms||September, 2022|
|Intake for MBBS Course||September, 2022|
|Admission Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
Northern State Medical University for MBBS - Must Know Facts 2022-23
The students who want to pursue MBBS in Northern State Medical University should make a note of the following important facts about the University:
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However, it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Batch strength||11000 students|
|Northern State Medical University fees (approx annual tuition fees)||5,500 USD|
|Course Duration||6 years (5 years of learning + 1 Year Internship )|
|Northern State Medical University ranking in Russia||111th Rank|
|Northern State Medical University rating||2 Star|
|Medium of Instruction||English & Russian|
Northern State Medical University Fee structure 2022-23
Students who want to study MBBS in Russia must take a look at the structure of the Northern State Medical University fees given below. The breakup below shows the Northern State Medical University tuition fee and the total Northern State Medical University annual tuition fees.
The structure for Northern State Medical University fees for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Visa Extension + Medical Checkup||90||30||30||30||30||30|
|Total of 6 Years||In Dollars = 33900||In Rupees = 23,73,000|
Caution : There have been several cases in the past where students have complained about a majority of Medical colleges having bilingual courses, that is 3 years in English and 3 years in Russian.
While this is true, this confusion is created majorly because of the inefficiency and fraudulence of several educational consultants who proclaim the fact that only the clinical subjects are in Russians and that the Russian language could be easily learned by the students over the course of their stay.
Note: 1 USD = ₹ 70 (It may vary)
Northern State Medical University fees are mentioned in ₹ for the benefit of Indian students.
Northern State Medical University hostel facilities
For the students who want to study MBBS in abroad, the hostel and accommodation conditions are a very integral part of the life of students. The NSMU offers the following accommodation facilities-
- The students who come to study MBBS abroad are offered rooms on a sharing basis so as to help them get acquainted with the different cultures as a community.
- For the students who come to pursue a MBBS abroad at the NSMU are also given the option of cooking their own food in the common kitchen if they feel so.
- The hostel fees for the first year are included in the fees that the students pay at the time of the admission.
- The availability of Indian food at the canteen and the availability of Indian restaurants in the vicinity of the University makes it very comfortable to study MBBS at Northern Medical University for Indian Students.
- The students who come to study MBBS in abroad at the NSMU are offered standard amenities like beds, tables, chairs, pillows and blankets so as to make their stay at the hostels a comfortable one.
MBBS in Northern State Medical University : Syllabs
The students who want to study MBBS in Russia at the NSMU, will have the syllabus taught in the following manner over the total duration of the course:
|Anatomy and Histology|
|Anatomy and Physiology|
|Genetics and Principals of Clinical Medicine|
Year 4- 6
|Semester 7- Semester 12|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Neurology and Psychiatry|
|Emergency Medicine and Cardiology|
|Primary Care Medicine. etc.|
Admission in Northern State Medical University- faculties offered:
Northern State Medical University world ranking is a reflection of the quality of the education offered in the fields of-
- General Medicine
- Post graduate education
Admission in Northern State Medical University - Documents required
In order to study MBBS at Northern State Medical University, the following list of documents is required to be submitted:
The authenticity of the documents will be verified by the respective Embassy.
Scanned copies of -
- Filled Application Form
- Passing certificates and mark sheets of HSC and SSC
- Passport (first and last page)
- NEET Result (if opted)
- 8 color photograph with white background 3”4”
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Enrollment/Admission Letter
- Filled admission form
Documents for VISA-
- Original Passport
- Invitation Letters
- Visa Application Form
- Photos with black & white background
- HIV report
Northern State Medical University admission requirements : Eligibility criteria
The Northern Medical University admission office states the following eligibility criteria for the students who want to study MBBS at Northern State Medical University:
- Northern Medical University admissions proceed only when the student provides proof of having secured a minimum score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English.
- The Northern Medical University admission office has stated that the students applying for the MBBS course at Northern State University need not have a valid score in NEET exam. However, it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- The Northern Medical University admissions are open to only those candidates aged not less than 17 or more than 25 as of 31st December 2022.
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
Northern State Medical University admissions : The admission process
The admission process should be initiated by the student only when the eligibility criteria of Northern State Medical University admissions is met. The process for admission is as follows-
Step. 01Fill the application form on the website without mistakes and submit it along with the scanned copies of passing certificates and score cards of SSC and HSC.
Step. 02If the candidate is selected the NSMU will send an admission letter to the candidate.
Step. 03Once the candidate receives this letter, the candidate must apply for the invitation letter at the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Russian federation.
Step. 04The candidate must submit the original passport.
Step. 05The candidate must now apply for the student Visa at the Russian embassy or consulate.
FMGE Performance 2019
The FMGE performance for the year 2019 of the MBBS course at Northern Medical University is provided below for the students looking to pursue mbbs in Russia 2022-23
|Name of the University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass%|
|Northern State Medical University||171||50||29.24%|
Northern State Medical University reviews -Some FAQs for you
The Northern Medical University tuition fee is approximately 5500USD per year.
The Northern Medical University Russia world rating is 2 star.
Yes ,you will need a valid student visa to pursue an MBBS course in Russia.
The MBBS in NSMU is a renowned course when it comes to studying medical courses in Russia and thus it is a good option to consider.
Mbbs in Russia 2022-23 : Cost of Living in Arkhangelsk
A guide for the students who come here to pursue MBBS abroad.These costs are dependent on the individual lifestyles and needs, and are provided below so that the students aiming to pursue an MBBS course in Russia get an idea- (1руб (rubel) = ₹ 0.99)
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 500.00 руб
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: ₹ 1,500.00 руб
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 225.00 руб
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport) 28.00 руб
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 1,700.00 руб
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 100.00 руб
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 10.00 руб
- Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff): 300.00 руб
- Milk (regular), (1 liter): 52.83 руб
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 40.80 руб
- Rice (white), (1kg): 50.75 руб
- Eggs (regular) (12): 68.27 руб
Rent per month
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 16,500.00 руб
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 11,833.33 руб
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre: 33,313.80 руб
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre: 21,083.44 руб
Sports and leisure
- Fitness Club, Monthly Fee for 1 Adult: 2,556.94 руб
- Tennis Court Rent (1 Hour on Weekend): 1,500.00 руб
- Cinema, International Release, 1 Seat: 300.00 руб
Top 5 places and hangout spots around the University-
If you love exquisite cuisine, then this is the place for you.
The best italian restaurant in town which is also a great hangout spot.
The food , the interiors, the staff and the ambience here are all great and is a must visit place if you are in the city.
A heavenly place for Pizza lovers.
As the name suggests, it is a place that the Sushi lovers would want to visit again and again.