MBBS in Saratov State Medical University
Saratov State Medical University is one of the oldest medical institutions established in 1909. Founded by a neurosurgeon, each other department in Saratov Medical University is revered and has immense value in the modern medical sciences.
Students opting to study MBBS in Russia must consider applying to Saratov Medical University due to its classic textbook theoretical approach but practical applications.
Saratov Medical University was opened to foreign students in 1993 and the first were all Indians, making it susceptible to Indians from the get-go. Now, there are 500 students from varied countries.
Why study MBBS at Saratov State Medical University 2023?
Studying MBBS at Saratov Medical University comes with several benefits:
- Global recognition of the MBBS in Saratov State Medical University.
- Easy admission process that needs no extra frills in the form of exams.
- Medical councils have revered Saratov Medical University including the National Medical Commission.
- Saratov Medical University tuition fees are affordable.
- Saratov is not an expensive city.
- Saratov Medical University is affiliated with hospitals that encourage opportunities for students to gain practical training.
- Volleyball court, canteen, gym, basketball court, and common spaces to meet and interact keep students in a conducive environment for social and mental growth.
Living in Saratov City
- Saratov is a large city in Russia's European part of the country, situated on the right side of the Volga River.
- The city serves as the Volga region's cultural, economic, and educational hub.
- This is a Russian port city with abundant natural resources. As a result, it is one of Russia's best trade and investment locations.
- Summers in this region are humid, with average temperatures ranging from nearly 20 °C to 30 °C in June and July.
- Saratov's winters are bitterly cold, with temperatures as low as -28°C.
Cost of Living in Saratov City
It is considerably inexpensive to live here. As compared to expensive cities in India, Saratov City is 31% cheaper to live in.
Facilities at Saratov State Medical University
- Saratov Medical University students will study in a friendly atmosphere because the university has a lively and vibrant atmosphere.
- The university hosts a variety of cultural, sporting, and personality development activities for students, including student exchange programmes, debates, conferences, and other events.
- All major Indian national festivals are celebrated within the hostel and university grounds to make students feel at home.
- The hostels are also equipped with all of the required facilities as well as complete protection.
- The University has a student center where both local and foreign students meet to form new friendships.
Saratov State Medical University Ranking 2023-24
UniRank has ranked Saratov Medical University as follows:
The Saratov State Medical University world ranking makes it a hot option for MBBS abroad
Saratov State Medical University MBBS - Course Duration
The following is the length of the MBBS programme at Saratov State Medical University:
The MBBS in Saratov State Medical University lasts six years, including one year of internship. For MBBS students at this university, English is the medium of instruction.
Saratov State Medical University: Important Dates and Timelines 2023
To study MBBS at Saratov State Medical University for Indian students, keep an eye out for the following timeline:
|Commencement of 2023-24 intake cycle||September, 2023|
|Last Date of Application||September, 2023|
|Call Letter||Within two weeks|
Saratov State Medical University - Must Know Facts 2023-24
MBBS in Saratov Medical University is just a few steps away for a student aspiring to study MBBS in Russia:
|Basic Eligibility||HSC or equivalent with 65%|
|NEET Exam||No. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Last Date to Apply||September, 2023|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 3,50,000/- per year|
|Course Duration||6 years (Including 1-year internship)|
|Universities Recognition||MCI/NMC and WHO approved|
|Ranking of University||Country Ranking: 179, World Ratings: 2 stars|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
MBBS in Saratov State Medical University Fee Structure 2023-24
Saratov State Medical University fees are beyond affordable for the value of the education they provide. Following is the split-up of the Saratov State Medical University fees.
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee||6,200 USD||4,800 USD||4,800 USD||4,800 USD||4,800 USD||4,800 USD|
|Hostel Fee||360 USD||360 USD||360 USD||360 USD||360 USD||360 USD|
|Total USD||6,560 USD||5,160 USD||5,160 USD||5,160 USD||5,160 USD||5,160 USD|
|Fees in Indian Rupees||₹ 4,59,000||₹ 3,61,000||₹ 3,61,000||₹ 3,61,000||₹ 3,61,000||₹ 3,61,000|
Caution : There have been several cases in the past where students have complained about a majority of Medical colleges having bilingual courses, that is 3 years in English and 3 years in Russian.
While this is true, this confusion is created majorly because of the inefficiency and fraudulence of several educational consultants who proclaim the fact that only the clinical subjects are in Russians and that the Russian language could be easily learned by the students over the course of their stay.
However, the fact with Russian Medical education is that more than 90% of the subjects in the course are clinical in nature. Thus, the chances of a majority of courses being in Russian are higher. At the same time, Russian as a language although might be easier to grab in conversation, is highly difficult for students to excel in writing and academic usage.
As one of the reputed education consultants who holds the students’ career at prime importance, we at Atmia Education ensure complete transparency with respect to such cases. At the same time,we would strongly advise the students to pursue their MBBS with only reputed institutions that provide 100% education in the English language to avoid any later issues.
Our team of expert counsellors ensure that we only send students to colleges that provide complete and transparent information and refrain students from pursuing their courses in colleges that are not following the 100% English medium teaching language protocol.
Note: The aforementioned is subject to change. To get clarity on Saratov State Medical University fees structure call the university.
Saratov State Medical University Hostel and Accommodation
- All international students at Saratov State Medical University hostel will stay in cosy and convenient accommodations.
- The hostel's rooms are divided into twin rooms for people of the same gender.
- The hostel's rooms are all fitted with basic facilities that are essential for a comfortable stay.
- To accommodate the city's changing weather, the hostel has a central heating and cooling system.
- On each floor, there is a kitchen where students can prepare their meals. At the hostels, there is also a laundry service.
- Parents do not need to be concerned about their children's safety because the hostel is monitored by CCTV.
Saratov State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
MBBS in Russia follows a general syllabus that has been split-up below:
|Anatomy & Histology|
|Anatomy and Physiology|
|genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
Year 4- 6
|Semester 7- Semester 12|
|Neurology and Psychiatry|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|Primary Care medicine|
Saratov Medical University: Documents Required
Following are the Saratov Medical University admission requirements:
- Copy of 12th standard mark sheet
- Copy of NEET UG Result (if opted)
- Invitation charges
- Duly filled application form (online or onsite)
- Income proof of parents or guardian
- Address Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size photos
- Migration Certificate
- Health Certificate
- Photocopy of a valid passport
Eligibility Criteria by Saratov State Medical University for MBBS
Saratov State Medical University admissions are fairly simple if the student complies with the following eligibility filters:
- The student must have reached the age of 17 on December 31st of the year in which admission is sought.
- The nominee must have completed 12th grade with a grade point average of at least 65 percent on a normal board.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology must be studied in the 12th grade.
Saratov State Medical University: Admission Procedure
The following is the most straight forward way to approach Saratov State Medical University admissions:
Step. 01Application form available online is to be filled and sent via email.
Step. 02Documents required are to be submitted as mentioned in the next listicle.
Step. 03An admission letter is issued by the university on eligibility clearance.
Step. 04The registration fees are to be paid to Saratov Medical University.
Step. 05Department of Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation will issue the official invitation letter.
Step. 06After which, students are to visit the consulate of the Russian Federation in India for a student visa.
Saratov Medical University - Important FAQs
No, you need not require any additional examinations for admission in the university.
Yes, Saratov Medical University world ranking is curated because of the many facilities they provide students to help them uphold their mental and physical health.
Saratov State Medical University Address
Following is Saratov State Medical University address:
Bolshaya Sadovaya Ulitsa,
137, Saratov, Saratov Oblast,
Average Spending by Indian Students at Saratov State Medical University, Saratov City
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 400.00 руб300.00-1,000.00
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course: 2,000.00 руб1,400.00-3,500.00
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal): 225.00 руб225.00-280.00
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught): 100.00 руб50.00-150.00
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g): 32.80 руб25.00-70.00
- Rice (white), (1kg): 78.89 руб40.00-100.00
- Eggs (regular) (12): 75.16 руб60.00-90.00
- Local Cheese (1kg): 537.50 руб400.00-700.00
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 23.00 руб23.00-23.00
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price): 840.00 руб800.00-1,400.00
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 54.50 руб50.00-80.00
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff): 15.75 руб12.00-20.00
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre: 15,125.00 руб13,000.00-20,000.00
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre: 9,530.77 руб7,000.00-11,000.00
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre: 27,125.00 руб22,000.00-35,000.00
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar): 4,346.15 руб2,000.00-7,500.00
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...): 2,918.75 руб1,500.00-3,500.00
- 1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range): 4,454.55 руб3,000.00-6,999.00
Top 2 places and hangout spots for Indian Students near Saratov Medical University
An interesting take on familiar cuisine
A hang-out with finger-food inciting good conversations