MBBS in Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University began as the medical department of Imperial Tomsk University in 1888. Over the years, the university established itself as a separate medical institution that invites students from about 40 countries for MBBS course in Russia.
Professionals associated with Siberian Medical University treat locals that constitute a major portion of the university’s patients. Students studying MBBS in Siberian Medical University get hands-on experience, working alongside experienced doctors and researchers.
Siberian Medical University admissions to study MBBS in Russia 2022 begin in June 2022 with the application form available on the university’s website.
Benefits of MBBS in Siberian State Medical University
MBBS course at Siberian State Medical University ensures quality medical education to its students. There are various advantages for Indian students when they study MBBS in Russia at Siberian State Medical University.
- Siberian Medical University is well ranked in the country.
- MBBS in Siberian Medical University is recognized globally by esteemed organizations like WHO, NMC etc.
- Siberian State Medical University tuition fee is pocket-friendly for students who wish to study MBBS abroad.
- MBBS at Siberian State Medical University introduces students to a prolific faculty that guides students in their careers.
- Medical education at Siberian State Medical University is conducted mostly in English owing to the diverse student composition hailing from all around the world.
- About 500 Indian students have made Siberian Medical University their home.
- Siberian State Medical University Russia world rating is 2.8 stars.
The city located to the eastern side of Western Siberia, Tomsk can be called a scientific hub as multiple research centers, educational institutes and technology businesses have been established here. The city has 31 libraries and a number of parks and other sites where new students can visit. Tomsk is situated on the banks of the beautiful Tom River.
Tomsk hosts a continental climate. Average temperature in summers is 19 degree Celsius. In winters, the temperature can drop many degrees in minus.
Siberian State Medical University: Facilities & Infrastructure
The Siberian University provides a wide range of facilities to its students, these are:
- Hostel accommodation is provided on campus to foreign students. These are either on single or shared basis.
- Each of the hostel rooms are fully furnished and well equipped with proper facilities and infrastructure such as heater, study table etc.
- The campus houses a lot of recreation activities and spots for students such as swimming pool, gyms, tennis courts etc.
- The university provides ample opportunities for practical learning through laboratories and test labs.
Siberian State Medical University World Ranking and Recognition
MBBS course at Siberian State Medical University is recognized by WHO, NMC, European Society for Simulation in Medicine.
Siberian State Medical University: Important Dates 2022-23
For Siberian State Medical University admissions 2022-2023 cycle, it is important that the students adhere to these dates-
|Commencement of 2022-23 intake cycle||September, 2022|
|Commencement of Application||September, 2022|
|Call Letter||within the next 3-4 weeks|
Siberian State Medical University: Must Know Facts 2022-23
To secure Siberian State Medical University admission, aspirants need to keep in mind the following details:
|Course Intake 2022||September, 2022|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 12th with PCB|
|NEET Exam||Not Required. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approximately)||₹ 2,66,000/- per year|
|Duration of MBBS Course||6 years (including 1 year of internship)|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Siberian State Medical University Ranking in Russia||107|
|Siberian State Medical University World Rating||2.8 Stars|
|Universities Recognition||Approved by NMC, WHO|
Siberian State Medical University Fee Structure MBBS 2022-23
Siberian State Medical University fees is manageable for its students studying MBBS in Russia 2022.
Year-wise details of Siberian Medical University fees is given below:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Course Fee in USD||3,803 USD||3,803 USD||3,803 USD||3,803 USD||3,803 USD||3,803 USD|
|Course Fee in INR||₹ 2,66,190||₹ 2,66,190||₹ 2,66,190||₹ 2,66,190||₹ 2,66,190||₹ 2,66,190|
|Hostel Charges (INR)||₹ 30,000||₹ 30,000||₹ 30,000||₹ 30,000||₹ 30,000||₹ 30,000|
|Total in INR||₹ 2,96,190||₹ 2,96,190||₹ 2,96,190||₹ 2,96,190||₹ 2,96,190||₹ 2,96,190|
Caution : There have been several cases in the past where students have complained about a majority of Medical colleges having bilingual courses, that is 3 years in English and 3 years in Russian.
While this is true, this confusion is created majorly because of the inefficiency and fraudulence of several educational consultants who proclaim the fact that only the clinical subjects are in Russians and that the Russian language could be easily learned by the students over the course of their stay.
However, the fact with Russian Medical education is that more than 90% of the subjects in the course are clinical in nature. Thus, the chances of a majority of courses being in Russian are higher. At the same time, Russian as a language although might be easier to grab in conversation, is highly difficult for students to excel in writing and academic usage.
As one of the reputed education consultants who holds the students’ career at prime importance, we at Atmia Education ensure complete transparency with respect to such cases. At the same time,we would strongly advise the students to pursue their MBBS with only reputed institutions that provide 100% education in the English language to avoid any later issues.
Our team of expert counsellors ensure that we only send students to colleges that provide complete and transparent information and refrain students from pursuing their courses in colleges that are not following the 100% English medium teaching language protocol.
Note: 1 USD = ₹ 70
Siberian State Medical University annual tuition fee and hostel charges are given above.
Siberian State Medical University fees mentioned is approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Siberian State Medical University Hostel and Accommodation
Hostel is available for all students, including international students who come to Russia for MBBS in abroad.
Siberian State Medical University hostel is allotted to students on preferential basis owing to their circumstances.
- Top preference is given to students with disabilities and any other special circumstances that require them care and easy housing. Students without parental care are also given top priority.
- Next preference will be given to international, non-resident students who come to study MBBS in Russia 2022.
- Lastly, students with high merit in entrance examinations are allotted hostel rooms at Siberian Medical University.
- In case the hostel premises run out of space, students need to arrange for living off-campus.
Siberian State Medical University MBBS Syllabus
Medical education at Siberian State Medical University aims to balance both theoretical and practical frames of education to equip students for future in the best way.
The course includes 5 years of classroom learning with a distinguished faculty and one year of internship in the final year of the course which gives the students practical training for practice.
Here is the detailed syllabus of Siberian State Medical University for MBBS:
|Principles of Clinical Medicine|
|Fourth Year – Sixth Year|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Primary Care Medicine|
Faculties offered in Siberian State Medical University for MBBS
- General Medicine
Siberian State Medical University: Documents Required
Siberian State Medical University admission requirement is preparing the following documents:
- Passport size Photographs
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Official Invitation letter from the university
- Application form
- Student Visa
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Scorecard(if opted)
- Medical Certificate
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Siberian State Medical University
To secure admission in Siberian Medical University, the students need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to study MBBS at Siberian State Medical University for Indian students for General Category.
- Applicant needs to have completed senior secondary education from a recognized board with 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to study MBBS at Siberian State Medical University for Indian students for Reserved Category.
- Siberian State Medical University admission requirement does not make NEET mandatory. However it will be needed in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
- Possessing a valid passport is necessary for enrolment in the university.
- Applicant must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission to study MBBS abroad in Russia. Maximum age bar for admission is 25 years.
Siberian State Medical University: Admission Procedure
Siberian State Medical University admissions have an easy and smooth process. Siberian State Medical University admission office is cooperative and will help you throughout the application process.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Siberian State Medical University admissions:
Step. 01Fill in the application form available on the university’s website.
Step. 02Submit the required documents, along with scanned copy of passport. Student must submit authentic Identity proofs as required by the authorities.
Step. 03Students need to apply for the entrance test organised by the university. Main disciplines on which the test will be based are Chemistry, Biology and English.
Step. 04The university will conduct virtual interviews on Skype.
Step. 05Siberian State Medical University admission office will issue an Invitation letter to selected candidates once the above steps are complete
Step. 06After receiving the admission letter and confirmation of admission, the student can apply for student visa to study in Russia.
Step. 07Once the visa application is verified and stamped, the student needs to inform the university of their date and time of arrival in Russia.
And your dream to pursue MBBS in abroad will begin!
Siberian State Medical University - Important FAQs
Siberian State Medical University fee is 2 to 3 lakhs per annum in INR. Siberian State Medical University fee is much less than many private Indian universities and other Russian universities as well. For students who study MBBS abroad in Russia, there are various scholarships available at the university, awarded to bright students as well as students who need financial assistance.
Currently, about 500 Indian students study MBBS course in Russia at Siberian Medical University.
Yes, you need to appear for the university’s entrance examination for admission in MBBS in Siberian Medical University.
MBBS in Siberian Medical University is a great option for Indian students. Siberian State Medical University tuition fee is affordable and much less than other Russian universities and private Indian universities. Siberian Medical University world rating is 2.8 stars. Siberian Medical University ranks 107 in the country.
Application form for MBBS in Siberian State Medical University will be out in September 2022.
Average Spending in Tomsk, Russia during MBBS Abroad
- Basic Lunchtime meal (with drink) at canteen: 250-500 RUB
- Fast Food joint Combo Meal (McDonald’s, Taco Bell, KFC etc): 225-300 RUB
- Indian Restaurants Meal for one: 1500-2600 RUB
- Cappuccino: 50-160 RUB
- Bread for 2 people: 30-50 RUB
- Daily Commute to college (outside accommodation): 50-60 RUB
- Average public transport expense (monthly): 550-900 RUB
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff): 79-150 RUB
- Monthly Rental, furnished luxurious: 15000-25000 RUB
- Monthly Rental, semi furnished, simple locality: 11000-15000 RUB
- Utilities Expense (gas, electricity etc): 5500-9100 RUB
- Internet Expense: 300-500 RUB
- High Street Clothing (Zara, H&M, Only etc): 1000-2000 RUB
- Sports clothing (Adidas, Puma etc): 2000-6000 RUB
- Shoes and footwear: 4000-9000 RUB
Top 5 restaurants for Indian Students in Tomsk
Treat yourself to some desi flavours when you miss home at Radkhika. The restaurant serves Indian, European and Asian food.
Saffron is a restaurant that serves Indian food.
Looking for a place to have lunch with your friends after exams? Bulange is the perfect café for friends for light food and beverages. The place serves European and Russian food.
Food Light is a restaurant that serves Indian, European and Asian cuisine.
PastaMama is an Italian café that is best known for its delicious pizzas. The place also serves European food.