Student life at BSMU
The admission in Bukovinian State Medical University is the first step of the student life and this institute provides a student life that helps students have an enriching experience during their course here, which they will remember for a lifetime:
- The annual fees for the hostel facilities are only 30-50 USD for the students.These affordable hostels are located near the main building and the clinics.
- The class structure is so well-designed that the students get a fair amount of personal attention and the groups that the students are divided in, at the inception of the 1st year, get a separate tutor.
- Various cultural events and activities are held across the year in the university, which take place at the students’ favourite spot called the ‘Akademichnyi’.
Mbbs in Ukraine 2024-25: Cost of Living at Chernivtsi City
|25,000 to 30,000 INR
|15,000 to 20,000 INR
|1000 to 2000 INR
Bukovinian State Medical University ranking
The Bukovinian State Medical University ranking is as follows:
Bukovinian State Medical University admissions: Important Dates
|Application Start Date
|September 2024 & February 2025
|Within the next 2 weeks of successfully applying
|Admission Start Date
|September 2024 & February 2025
Bukovinian State Medical University for MBBS - Must Know Facts 2024-25
|September 2024 & February 2025
|50% in PCB
|No, however, it is required in case the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
|$ 3900 per year
|6 years including internship
|Medium of Education
|English & European
|Recognition of Universities
|MCI & WHO Approved
|Ranking of University
|Ukraine Ranking - 3 World Rating - 3.5 Star
Bukovinian State Medical University Fee structure 2024-25
Students who want to study MBBS in Ukraine must take a look at the structure of the Bukovinian State Medical University fees given below. The breakup below shows the Bukovinian State Medical University tuition fee and the total Bukovinian State Medical University annual tuition fees
The fee structure for Bukovinian State Medical University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
Note: 1 USD = ₹ 70 (approximate)
The Bukovinian State Medical University fees have to be paid in US$ only
The Bukovinian State Medical University tuition fee & hostel fees may increase every year
There are no hidden charges in the Bukovinian State Medical University fees.
Caution : OTC - One Time Charges many students are cheated by Agents as these fees are collected by them and told paid to college numerous students reported cheated by such things. There are no actual OTC charged by any college in Ukraine.
these are just Visa & Insurance Fees less than $700 USD.
FMGE Performance 2019
The FMGE performance for the year 2019 of BSMU is provided below for the students looking to pursue mbbs in Ukraine 2024-25 -
|Name of University
|Bukovinian State Medical University
BSMU- faculties offered:
Bukovinian State Medical University world ranking is a reflection of the quality of the education offered in the fields of -
- Medicine (Doctor of Philosophy)
- General Medicine (Specialist)
- Pediatrics (Doctor of Philosophy)
- Stomatology (Doctor of Philosophy)
- Medical & Psychological Rehabilitation Biology
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Technology of Medical Diagnostics
The University has 6 main faculties, which are further divided into a total of 49 departments.
The admission in Bukovinian State Medical University opens up the below mentioned avenues of medical education-
Education training center of simulation medicine
Educational production chemist
Educational scientific institute of postgraduate education
The University is well-known for having produced 2 state award laureates in the field of science and technology. Students from various universities of France, Austria, Germany and Italy come here to get trained in various medical practices.With 428 candidates of science, associate professors and doctors that the university produces through its 33 therapeutic preventive & pharmaceutical institutions, the BSMU has gained a significant place in the field of education in Ukraine.
Specializations for Postgraduate studies offered at the BSMU:
|Internal medicine (Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology)
|Microbiology and Virology
|Obstetrics and Gynecology
|Organization and Economics of Public Health Service
|Traumatology and Orthopaedics
|General Practice - Family Medicine
Bukovinian State Medical University hostel
- Students who come to study MBBS in Ukraine at the BSMU, are offered hostel services which have a capacity of 3-4 students per room.
- The students who come to pursue an MBBS course at Bukovinian State Medical University are allocated rooms from the 7 hostels in the University.
- The students from other countries who come to BSMU to study MBBS in abroad, are assigned a hostel from the hostel numbers 2,4,5,6 or 7.
- The experience of living and studying MBBS in Ukraine is made a comfortable one by the standard of living provided by these hostels which are also very comfortable for self studies and other leisure activities.
- The facilities provided at the hostel include canteen, gym, library and laundry.
- Along with the standard equipment like blanket, pillows, table and chair, the hostel offers a reading hall which has around 480 scientific and methodical literature manuals.
Syllabus of MBBS at BSMU
Bukovinian State Medical University world ranking has a contribution of the well curated curriculum that is recognised globally and covers all the subject that are necessary to study MBBS in Ukraine:
|Obs & Gyn
|Obs & Gyn
MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University - Documents required
- Copy of the application form
- Copy of student’s Passport
- 6 photographs in the size - 6x4cm
- Medical certificate certified by the healthcare authority
- Original Birth certificate
- A scanned copy of the document like a CV which talks about the higher education level, the credits received, academic achievements & duration of the course
- Copy of higher secondary education score sheets with the transcripts
- Certificate stating negative results in HIV test
- Insurance policy for emergency medical care
- Air travel ticket
Bukovinian State Medical University admission requirements : Eligibility criteria
The Bukovinian State Medical University admission office states the following eligibility criteria for the students who want to study MBBS at Bukovinian State Medical University:
- Bukovinian State Medical University admissions proceed only when the student provides proof of having secured a minimum score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The Bukovinian State Medical University admissions requirements state that the students must submit a character certificate to the institute.
- The Bukovinian State Medical University admission office has stated that the students applying for medical education at Bukovinian State Medical University does not require NEET scores. However, if the student wishes to pursue a career in India, then NEET is needed.
- The Bukovinian State Medical University admissions are open to only those candidates aged 17 or more as of 31st december.
Bukovinian State Medical University admissions : The admission process
In order to secure an admission for MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University, the candidate must follow the below process :
Step. 01Fill out the application form without any mistakes
Step. 02Check for eligibility criteria
Step. 03Choose your language of teaching
Step. 04Apply for the admission letter
Step. 05Add all the documents and review them
Step. 06Once the invitation letter is received by the candidate, he/she must apply for the student and travel Visa as per the prescribed procedure
Step. 07Inform the date of arrival to the University
BSMU : Scientific Research Programme
This is a special program chalked out by the university to create the best researchers of the future:
The Bukovinian State Medical University MBBS course helps to bring out the research oriented thinking abilities of the students. The students are encouraged to work around scientific literature that they would like to research about.
The students are encouraged to participate in the research projects being carried out by the research wing of the medical department at the BSMU.
The Bukovinian State Medical University Ukraine world ranking is so good because of the initiatives it takes to nurture the research oriented outlook in its students through lectures by international faculty from Switzerland, Poland, the USA, Poland and India.
The faculty from India help the students with the preparation of MCI screening test or FMGE which makes it all the more attractive to study mbbs at Bukovinian State Medical University for Indian Students.
The flagship event, the Bukovinian International Medical Conference provides the students from across the globe to present their work in front of the stalwarts in this field.
The university publishes almost 100 scientific research papers annually.
Structure of BSMU:
- The University has different medical faculties as mentioned above which are taught through the colleges at Vashkivtsi, Chernivtsi, Novoselitsa and Kovel.
- There are 12 academic buildings in the University.
- The 32 pharmaceutical and medical institutions located in Chernivtsi are known for their well equipped modern tools and facilities.
- The emergency care hospitals of Chernivtsi have been recognized as a University Hospital and thus were restructured in 2014.
- There are a total of 9 reading rooms and 5 libraries that are managed through a network and are well-equipped with internet access which is provided through Wi-Fi.
- Practical classes,seminars, testing, accessing e-learning material etc is made accessible to the students through the 17 computer labs.
- All these facilities are available to the students for free.
MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University : Innovative Teaching Technologies
Bukovinian State Medical University Ukraine world ranking is so high because of such efforts put in by the University:
Distance learning server
This helps the students to access the teaching material from anywhere. Thus enhancing the accessibility of education.
This helps to keep a track of the learning, grades, attendance and many other records that the student might need in handy.
Special Features of Bukovinian State Medical University
These features also add up to the Bukovinian State Medical University Ukraine world ranking :
- The quality of education here is enhanced due to the availability of all the modern equipments like simulators, audio visual materials for learning, video projectors etc.
- Having trained more than 26000 students in medical and pharmaceutical fields, the University has become the hottest destination for students who want to pursue an MBBS course in Ukraine, with the university having already trained 800 students from 70 countries.
- The education here has helped students to crack the most difficult licensing exams namely Krok1 and Krok2 and have achieved high positions in leading medical Universities in Ukraine.
- It is very beneficial to study mbbs at Bukovinian State Medical University for Indian Students, since the track record of BSMU of the MCI screening test is so good, with more than 50% of the Indian students passing it in the first attempt.
Bukovinian State Medical University reviews - Some FAQs for you
Here are a few questions from Quora and Careers360 that popped up frequently about Bukovinian State Medical University admissions and the course:
The world rating of BSMU is 3.5 Star.
The Bukovinian State Medical University tuition fee for the whole course is 23400 USD.
No entrance exam is required as such. However, NEET score is necessary to be submitted to the University by the Indian students if he/she wishes to pursue a career in India.
There are 7 hostels which have rooms with 3-4 students accommodating in a room.
Average Spending in Chernivtsi for Indian students
(1₴ = 2.59 INR)
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant 130.00 ₴
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course 400.00 ₴
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal) 80.00 ₴
- Milk (regular), (1 liter) 26.14 ₴
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 14.00 ₴
- Rice (white), (1kg) 27.00 ₴
- Eggs (regular) (12) 27.60 ₴
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport) 5.00 ₴
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price) 150.00 ₴
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff) 50.00 ₴
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff) 5.50 ₴
- Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff) 50.00 ₴
- Gasoline (1 liter) 27.44 ₴
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre 4,684.89 ₴
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre 3,812.50 ₴
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre 7,562.50 ₴
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre 5,111.11 ₴
Top 5 places and hangout spots for Indian Students in Chernivtsi who are seeking to pursue mbbs in Ukraine 2024-25-
Serves authentic Indian food along with Ukranian food at affordable prices. Both the cuisines served here are top-notch.
This place is famous for its mouth watering pizza and the variety of drinks that it offers.
Best place for Sushi,wok and other asian delicacies.
Best place to have traditional Ukranian food.
A place that has it all - good food, reasonable pricing, good ambience and a very welcoming staff!