Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University: The Student Life
Pursuing MBBS in Ukraine is fascinating due to its rewarding student life. The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University tuition fees is lesser as compared to other colleges and the quality of education students get in return is far more. The student life here is interesting because:
- Studying MBBS in Ukraine gives you access to a variety of students and personalities from various countries which helps immensely in building you up.
- Going for an MBBS abroad and especially in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University provides you a status and recognition the world over with a medical license to practice in all counties.
- The university offers a combination of theoretical, clinical, and practical exposure from one of the most learned and expert faculties which trains students to be accomplished doctors.
Mbbs in Ukraine 2023 and the Cost of Living
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University annual tuition fees along with the costs of stay, food, and accommodation together makes for quite an interesting and affordable proposition.
|Particulars||Approx. Range in USD||Approx. Range in Rs.|
|Hostel||62.5 USD||4375 Rs.|
|Food||112.8 USD||7896 Rs.|
|Transportation||6.9 USD||483 Rs.|
Note: 1$ = ₹70
Why should you study at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University?
Studying MBBS at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University for Indian students is an opportunity worth considering. You should not miss out on it due to the following reasons:
1. The MBBS course at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is taught in English thus making it accessible for students across the globe.
2. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University tuition fees is extremely economic and affordable.
3. When you look at the cost of living in the Ivano Frankivsk city, you will find it low cost.
4. Apart from the low Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University fees, the students also get a 50% off on public transport in the city.
5. The medical education at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is of high quality with a mixed approach when it comes to learning methods.
6. The university has some of the most learned and experienced faculty.
7. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University has excellent infrastructure with fully functioning laboratories.
8. Studying MBBS at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is preferred also due to its stellar library with all of the latest medical journals and books.
9. Studying MBBS in Ukraine paves way for some of the best medical research work.
10. Once you study MBBS at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, you are qualified and allowed to apply for the license of practice in more than 150 countries consisting the likes of India, USA, Australia, Africa, UK, Canada, Russia, China, Germany, and New Zealand.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University Fee structure
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University fees are quite affordable and at par with universities all across the globe. The detailed, year-wise split is shown below:
|Fee Structure||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fees||4,000 USD||4,000 USD||4,000 USD||4,000 USD||4,000 USD||4,000 USD|
|Hostel||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|Food||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|Total Fees||6,000 USD||6,000 USD||6,000 USD||6,000 USD||6,000 USD||6,000 USD|
Note: 1$ = ₹ 73.57 (It may vary)
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University fees have to be paid in US dollars ($) only.
The living expenses mentioned here may vary according to the student’s lifestyle and other conditions.
The tuition and hostel fees are subjected to increase every year.
There are no hidden charges in the table above.
Caution : OTC - One Time Charges many students are cheated by Agents as these fees are collected by them and told paid to college numerous students reported cheated by such things. There are no actual OTC charged by any college in Ukraine.
these are just Visa & Insurance Fees less than $700 USD.
MBBS in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University: The Syllabus
The medical education at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is a versatile amalgamation of various essential medical subjects. These are:
|History of Medicine|
|Latin Language and Medical Terminology|
|Histology, Cytology, and Embryology|
|Bio-inorganic, Information Science and Medical Equipment|
|Medical Biology, Genetics, and Parasitology|
|Bases of Psychology and Pedagogic|
|Social Medicine and Organisation of Health Protection Services|
|Propaedeutic of children’s diseases with the care of children.|
|Radial Diagnostics and Radial Therapy|
|General Surgery with anaesthesiology and café of patients|
|Propaedeutic of inner diseases with the care of patients|
|Remedial Gymnastics and Sports Medicine|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Psychiatry, Narcology, and Medical Psychology|
|Faculty Paediatrics with Medical Genetics|
|Economics of Health Protection|
|Facultative Therapy with Physiotherapy|
|Traumatology and Orthopaedics|
|Infectious and tropical diseases|
|Epidemiology and military epidemiology|
|Children infectious diseases|
|Urgent states medicine of catastrophes|
|Basics of Law|
|Military Field Surgery|
|Social medicine and organization of health protection|
|Economics of health protection|
|Children infection diseases|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
|Rheumatology (intensive care)|
|Clinical Immunology and Allergology|
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical Education: Medium of Teaching
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University for its MBBS course uses English as the medium of teaching and instructions. However, the medicine courses overall are taught in Russian, Ukrainian, and the English language with the degree of MD being conferred on students.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical Education: FMGE Performance
Amongst all the MBBS courses in Ukraine, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University offers one of the finest. And this trend reflects in the university’s FMGE performance year on year. The 2019 performance is shown below:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||264||93||35.23%|
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical Education: International Cooperation
The university collaborates with one of the best partners in the world to provide a smoother experience to students. Studying MBBS abroad comes with its own set of challenges but the professors and the students at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University attend regular symposiums and international meets to update themselves of the latest scientific developments. To consistently upgrade their MBBS course in Ukraine, the university partners with renowned institutions like:
- Tajik State Medical University Abuali Ibn porch (Dushanbe, Tajikistan)
- National Centre for Toxicological Studies FDA (USA)
- Canadian Centre for dental technology (Toronto, Canada)
- Nicolae Testemitsanu State University of Medicine & Pharmacy (Chisinau, Moldova)
- University Degli Studi di Genova (Italy)
- Ukrainian Alumni Association of French educational programs
- International Federation of Medical Students Associations – Ukraine
- Medical Radiological Research Centre RAMS (Obninsk, Russian Federation)
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy (Izhevsk, Russian Federation)
- Himli Dental Corporation (Lokport, Canada)
- Hartinhton Farmasyutikal (Barcelona, Spain)
- British Medical Association (London)
- University of Oradea (Oradea, Romania)
- Ksinkon Technology College (Toronto, Canada)
- Belarusian State Medical University (Minsk, Belarus)
- St. Thomas Hospital (London, UK)
- University of Rzeszow (Rzeszow, Poland)
- Medical University (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University Ranking 2023-24
Standing in the top 8000 medical colleges in the world, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University’s ranking is one its hallmarks.
|Country Ranking||World Rating|
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University Recognition
Not only is Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine, and its world ranking appreciable but the recognitions and accreditations to its name are also convincing.
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Ministry of Education and Science, Ukraine
- Ministry of Health, Ukraine
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ukraine
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University admission reuirements and it's Eligibility criteria
To take admission in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, you need to consider the following eligibility criteria:
- Studying MBBS at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University for Indian students requires them to have an aggregated minimum score of 50% in courses like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for General students and a minimum of 40% for Reserved students.
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University admissions requires students to be of at least 17 years of age and at most 25 years of age.
- Your nationality has to be Indian.
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University for MBBS does not mandates the NEET examination qualification for students. However, NEET is required if the student wishes to pursue a profession in India.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University admission reuirements : The process
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University admissions begin in September and the application start in July. The steps you need to take are:
Step. 01To study MBBS in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, you need to firstly go to the official website and fill up the online details. The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University admission office needs the following documents through email:
- Grade 10th, 11th, and 12th Marksheets.
- Your School Leaving Certificate
- A minimum 2 years valid passport
Step. 02After filling up the online details, the evaluation of the documents sent is completed. Once the documents are verified by the Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University admission office, you will receive either the letter of acceptance or rejection. Next within two to three working days, you will get your admission confirmation letter.
Step. 03Next, you need to pay Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University fees either by bank transfer, by Western Union, or by any other methods.
Step. 04Next, you need to apply for a visa as soon as possible. The documents required for it are:
- Properly authenticated and attested high school documents and certificates.
- The university admission letter.
- A minimum 2 years validity passport.
- Your Medical Fitness Certificate.
Step. 05At last, after you complete all the formalities you arrive at Ukraine. The university needs your complete flight details to receive you at the airport or else the immigration authorities send you back to your homeland.
Step. 06Once you arrive at the university, the original copies of your documents and your first-year fee payment receipt will be checked. Only after the registration process is completed will a student be allowed to attend classes.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University - Documents required
To pursue MBBS in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, the following documents are essential to be submitted:
- Your university invitation letter.
- Your medical certificate.
- Marksheets of grade 10th and 12th.
- Your birth certificate.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University: Courses Offered
Offering both theoretical and clinical exposure, this course is open to undergrad students for 5 complete years.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University for MBBS needs 6 years and you get either an MD or an MBBS degree later. Running for 64 years now, the pedagogy is a combination of theory, clinical practice and research.
Medical education at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University also involves a 2-year bachelors degree in Nursing.
You get a diploma of paediatrics after 6 years. In this course, actual paediatric study begins at the 3rd academic year.
A 5-year diploma of pharmacy, this course was initiated by the Ministry for Education and Science, Ukraine.
Post Graduate Courses:
With the usual course duration of 2-3 years, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University specialises in as many as 55 medical courses. They offer internships, clinical internships and masters.
MBBS course at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University : The course duration
MBBS in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University lasts for a total of 6 years. The course is taught in English language with a high-quality combination of theoretical and practical exposure. After the course, a 1-year internship is mandatory.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University hostel facilities
Studying MBBS abroad is tough because it involves moving countries altogether. However, if you look at the facilities offered at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, you will be at ease:
Students are welcomed into the hostel on a first-come, first-serve basis. Constituting three hostel buildings with a 2000 student capacity, the rooms at the hostel are well furnished with 2-beds and 3-beds facilities. Having attached washrooms and bathrooms, the hostel rooms are also well equipped with all the basic amenities like beds and pillows, blankets and mattresses, wardrobes and two-sided tables and a 24-hours running hot water supply.
In order to ensure that your decision to complete MBBS abroad is fruitful, the college has ensured that the scientific library at the University is open to all the students of undergrad and postgrad courses. A unique speciality about the library is the ‘Reader of the Year’ award that is given out to students along with innumerable books and medical journals to cater to the students’ learning needs. Studying MBBS in Ukraine is the apt choice because it houses 64 libraries in all of its higher institutions.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical
Pursuing MBBS in Ukraine in 2023 was tough due to the high fees involved. However, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University fees was extremely less as compared to other colleges in the world and I decided to go ahead with it. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University world ranking also fell in top 8000 in the world and that was attractive for me.
Pursuing MBBS in abroad was my dream from the time I decided to study medicine. However, I wasn’t comfortable with moving to countries far and wide. However, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine, and its world ranking along with the largesse of facilities it offers changed my mind.
I wanted to go for an MBBS in abroad due to the exposure it will offer me. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University world ranking and the excellent pedagogy it utilises for both clinical and theoretical exposure gave confidence to me to go ahead.
I was worried whether I would be able to practice as a doctor in the country of my choice after studying MBBS in Ukraine. However, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University and its world ranking and the overall recognition the degree offers motivated me to pursue the degree.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University: FAQs
Here are a few questions from Quora and Careers360 that popped up frequently about Bukovinian State Medical University admissions and the course:
The course lasts for a total 6 years with a 1-year internship.
No, the university strictly does not accept any capitations or donations.
Yes, working part time is allowed while you study at the university. However, the course is taxing with little to no time spared for working outside.
Immediately call the embassy or the consulate so that they note your reporting and work towards replacing your visa. You can easily stay for the stipulated duration once your application is approved.
The average fees per year for the entire 6-year course is 24000 USD. The amount might change as per the years.
Along with state-of-the-art facilities and international-student friendly campus, the university also houses one of the most proficient professors of medicine along with expert staff. The learning at the university is fun, inclusive, and multimodal.
English is the primary medium of instruction and teaching at IFNMU.
Living in Ivano Frankivsk
Ivano Frankivsk is a city belonging to Western Ukraine where the best of history meets the best of education. Termed as the city of regional significance, Ivano Frankivsk is a place where most of the rural locals live. The tourist attractions you have to visit here are:
- Ivano-Frankivs‘ka Ratusha
- Mis’ke Ozero
- Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Art Museum
- St. Basil's Cathedral
- The Holy Resurrection Cathedral
- Park Im. Tarasa Shevchenka
- Ivano-Frankivsk Regional History Museum
- Museum of related professions
- Church of Virgin Mary
- Rynok Square
- Fountain Square on Vicheva
Student Average Expenditure at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
Cost of Food
- Meal at an inexpensive restaurant: 100 Ukrainian Dollar
- Meal for two people at a mid-range priced restaurant for a three-course: 600 Ukrainian Dollar
- Combo meal at McDonalds: 94.50 Ukrainian Dollar
- Water for a 0.33 litres bottle: 8.71 Ukrainian Dollar
- Regular Coffee: 25.33 Ukrainian Dollar
Cost of Travel
- Local Transport Ticket for one-way: 6 Ukrainian Dollar
- Monthly Pass for the Local Transport: 200 Ukrainian Dollar
- Taxi Fare for 1 Kms: 7 Ukrainian Dollar
- Combined spending on electricity, water, garbage, cooling, and heating for an 85m2 space: 1844.68 Ukrainian Dollar
- Local Prepaid Mobile Fare for 1 Minute: 1.40 Ukrainian Dollar
- Unlimited Internet at 60 mbps or more: 116.92 Ukrainian Dollar
- A pair of Jeans: 1500 Ukrainian Dollars
- A pair of mid-range running shoes: 2277.78 Ukrainian Dollars
- A one-bedroom apartment at the heart of the city: 5187.50 Ukrainian Dollar
- A one-bedroom apartment at the outskirts of the city: 3875 Ukrainian Dollar
Top 5 hangout spots in Ivano Frankivsk
A magnificent, pool-based club spread out on wintry mountains, Voda Club is your go to for after-exams de-stressor.
It’s a place filled with the country life artefacts and nuggets. And the food offered here is tastefully local.
With attention-grabbing interiors and tasty meat steaks and brews for offer, this place is unmissable for a hearty meal.
With quick service, economic fare and spicy meals, Desiatka remains your favourite once you go there.
Carefully selected bakes, honeys, and cheeses; The First Family Restaurant is your go-to for indulging in desserts.